What do you think of the new skins?

FortuneCat

1 hour ago, Pab10Suarez said:

it isn't?

Folks need to think for more than 5 seconds when seeing the clothing set of a child and how this game takes place in old times. The anime girl thing is a horrid assumption for the victorian school boy clothing skin.

IMG_3656.JPG

IMG_3657.PNG

Sorry for sounding huffy and puffy but this game is for general audiences, and hooo howdy my knickers get in a twist when folks say the wackiest **** on how a thing looks 

Oh a censor??? i don't swear all i said was goo.k like muck 

8 hours ago, SDragonhead said:

But he's actually normal, if you ever looked closely at Wes' eyes they always looked like that

IMG_4642.GIF

IMG_3597.PNG

But the mask emphasises the googly eye look Wes has

Huh, you're right. I never noticed that before.

And what was seen cannot be unseen. Now the eyes are going to bother me on every skin of his.

I hope that they sell me the tools separately, because the Skins I am not going to buy them are horrible, even though they have some fresh ideas they do not take away that rejection that they give.

Every time I see the skin of the characters that I use the most, it makes me want to cry metaphorically :c

I actually love the magmatic skins much more than the original forge skins! They just give off a cooler and fresher vibe. And Wicker looks so good! This is probably my favourite Wicker skin of all time, it's elegant and not too exaggerated. I love Webber too - the subtlety of the fire theme is actually what I really like about it, it looks very natural but very unique at the same time. The only skin I'm kind of disappointed in is Wendy - her hair is a bit too much and could've gone in a better direction I think, although I love her outfit.

As was said before, most of these skins seem too animeish, superheroish, overexagerrated (none of these words actually exist but you get what I’m saying), and unnecessarily flashy. They don’t fit into the atmosphere of the game. I am especially disappointed with Woodie because of his biker (?) set. Seriously Klei? You added a fire element theme to a cursed lumberjack and this what you came up with? A biker?!    I mean, his head by itself is not bad so I might use it with another set.

As for the others, Maxwell, Webber , and WX seem to be the best of them all (for me that is).

I’m very happy with the item skins though, absolutely love them.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:32 AM, Alarsin said:

You added a fire element theme to a cursed lumberjack and this what you came up with? A biker?!    I mean, his head by itself is not bad so I might use it with another set.

Speaking of dudes that are cursed...uh...how about Ghost Rider?

Related image

No? Just me? I can't be the only person who sees the similarities...can I? :wilson_cry:

On 11/6/2018 at 5:20 PM, ModsterMash said:

Winona: Is this a Naruto?

Glad to see I wasn't the only person thinking that. :wilson_ecstatic:

Jeez. I understand that this is (kind of) constructive criticism, but let's remind ourselves that they released a full set of characters along w/ an bunch of weapon and armor reskins. I think they look nice, sure some skins I don't really care for. But that's with every skin set released. As for the flashiness, maybe it's almost like they're... fire? They're supposed to be extravagant and showy, that's what fire is. That's the theme. I know they're not for everybody, but I really appreciate the time Klei takes into making things like this. Having (attempted) drawing and animating myself, it's really time consuming and difficult to get things to work exactly like you right, but Klei still manages to make things look good. [end rant]

I really like the new skins personally!
I only bought Wendy's though, may get Woodie's later if i'm feeling up to it
I really love that whole redneck biker motif he's got going on, it really fits him
Special shoutout to Maxwell because that cracked lava face looks really neat imo

On 11/6/2018 at 12:02 AM, Serph said:

WX: Fitting but a little too basic and his lower body doesnt match the complexity of upper half.

I think they're learning from WX's Gorge skin. Gorge WX was so decked out that wearing anything else just made his skin less cool. I have WX wear only the spiked knuckles and nothing else. By having his body bland, it encourages people to wear other clothes.

Loved the skins on Maxwell and Winona. They're beautiful. Woodie looks great, too. Wolfgang with Wes, I was pleased  unusual appearance. Magmatic skins are good... But I most of all did not like the skin on Wickerbottom... I was upset... I was expecting a more epic grandmother with a striking appearance.

On 14/11/2018 at 2:24 AM, Russian Philin said:

Loved the skins on Maxwell and Winona. They're beautiful. Woodie looks great, too. Wolfgang with Wes, I was pleased  unusual appearance. Magmatic skins are good... But I most of all did not like the skin on Wickerbottom... I was upset... I was expecting a more epic grandmother with a striking appearance.

Yeah i'm kinda dissapointed when wicker have the same hair + same eyes just with different tones. Most recent wicker cosmetics, in my opinion looked bad. I wish they change her hair just a little, to make it look different.

My favourite Magmatic sets are : Maxwell, Wigfrid, Willow, Wickerbottom and Wendy.

Others are too flamboyant in my opinion, especially for a fight theme. I generally prefer old Forge skins, because at least they were fit in the atmosphere.

Speaking of new skins, I also very liked and appreciated Willow's and WX's Halloween skins. They are perfect for me.

TBH Wicker's New Forge Skin looks so scuffed.
and i hate that they brought back the old skins
bringing back the Forge is a Thing but,
bringing back cosmetics that you had to be there to get just really makes you wonder if the grind was worth it if u can do it again.

Archived