Things that are missing in Hamlet but were in past Dlcs

-Forced Boss

-New Treeguard

-Hunting animals

-New Totally Normal Tree

-New way of getting food (farms, creature hauses)

-Bees. I understand that we can buy both honey ham and healing thingy but... still. I was kinda expecting some feral large bees

Some things that I'm surprised aren't easy to get/present in Hamlet

-Making sewing kit. No hounds, low silk production. Kinda weird since you basically need hats for 2 seasons

-Boat repair kit. Nowhere to "bee" found

Also I feel like Hamlet's lacking some end game. I mean it seems like we can do everything in under 30 days if someone's good enough. Hamlet's end game (at least in beta) was getting city key and building town where you want.

10 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

-Forced Boss

-New Treeguard

-Hunting animals

-New Totally Normal Tree

-Bees. I understand that we can buy both honey ham and healing thingy but... still. I was kinda expecting some feral large bees

-Making sewing kit. No hounds, low silk production. Kinda weird since you basically need hats for 2 seasons

Also I feel like Hamlet's lacking some end game. I mean it seems like we can do everything in under 30 days if someone's good enough. Hamlet's end game (at least in beta) was getting city key and building town where you want.

But some of them missing makes sense, we have nectar and honey chests.

Creature houses: We can already build a lot of shops and houses.

I agree with the food source part. There are no natural berry bushes or any plant to give food, no fishing, no natural source of eggs,no milk. Very little sources of meat.

Agree with boat repair and sewing part. I also find the lake biome very lacking.

The end game content/challenge will most likely be the aporkalypse season. With the occasional nuisance of roc.

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Depends what you mean here. Sewing kits aren't absurdly hard to acquire. Get a tooth from the balloon wreckage, and then get the second from the second plateau shop. I got one within a year so I didn't need to recraft my hats for the next (granted the gas mask is pretty worthless now imo). 

As far as silk, you can get a bunch at once. You just can't chop every tree down before Lush season. There's not an overabundance of the stuff like in other DLCs but there's definitely enough to do what you need before the time to plant more trees comes again.

3 hours ago, ansuman said:

no fishing

Apparently this is not true. I read on here post the beta closing that you can indeed fish. You use a fishing rod on the lily pads according to a post. I would have never guessed this and can't confirm since I obviously never thought of it during the beta.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Get a tooth from the balloon wreckage...

Am I missing something here? I don't think I ever obtained a tooth from the wreckage. Which piece drops the tooth?

And as far as end game, I agree with that there isn't much of it. Hamlet does add items that are HUGE QoL improvements to the other worlds, but in terms of staying in the Hamlet world, there isn't something like the ruins in RoG to tackle. I personally hope that there will be much harder temple rooms with more dangerous traps and much better rewards. I have hope with the new secret doors being added that this may be the case. And as long as you can reset the ruins somehow, I'd be happy with a treasure hunting end game. 

But isn't the point of this DLC to provide a fresh, new experience that differs from its predecessors? While surviving out in the wilds may not be so feasible in Hamlet as it is in SW and RoG (Though it can be done, I'm sure), I absolutely love the focus that it brings on to the small pig towns as well as the ways that you can interact with them. However, we as the players were not playing the full experience, so only time will tell as to how the final product will be. Hopefully, if it expands on the focus of the towns themselves, optimizing the DLC for lower-end computers, along with the actions that we can do, I'm going to be one happy camper.

The problem I personally have with Hamlet is that basically everything can be bought from pigs.

This ruins the experience as in past dlcs you knew that if you want to have this cool item you'll have to do something dangerous. In Hamlet you simply have to get 14 berries and sell them to grandpa pig

19 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-Forced Boss

-New Treeguard

-Hunting animals

-New Totally Normal Tree

- Boss #4 might be forced, can't say much about him tho

- Yeah I kinda wish that too

- Ehh, a new Koalefant would be cool

- Elder Mandrakes replace it, due to them dropping Living Logs

- Kinda Elder Mandrakes, Flytraps etc.

- Mants are the Hamlets Bees... for some reason

- Sewing Kit and Boat Repair Kit are both possible; Scorpions drop Stingers,  Chopping down Spiderilla Trees/killing them has chances to drop said silk

I am all up for pig town trading as a core mechanics to progress through the game. I also like the resource scarcity part. But I don't like it when many things are outright missing and you can only trade to get it, the loot drop rate can be adjusted to a lower value as they had done with the spider monkey. I am pretty sure sewing kit & boat kit were not available in recipes to craft in the Early Access.

If you wanna compare the DLC with the previous (Source: Wikia):

Spoiler

1. Survival

• Silly Monkey Ball • Tropical Parasol • Anti Venom • Thatch Pack • Palm Leaf Hut • Tropical Fan • Sea Sack • Doydoy Nest

vs

• Bug B'Gone 

2. Dress

Brain of Thought • Shark Tooth Crown  • Dumbrella • Blubber Suit • Tar Suit • Windbreaker • Particulate Purifier • Sleek Hat

vs

Gas Mask • Pith Hat • Thunderhat Hamlet

3. Structure

Sea Chest • Limestone Wall • Sea Wall • Wildbore House • Prime Ape Hut • Sand Bag • Sand Castle • Dragoon Den • Ballphin Palace • Snakeskin Rug Shipwrecked

vs
Cork Barrel • Lawn Turf • Cultivated Turf 

4. Food

• Mussel Stick • Fish Farm • Mussel Bed
vs
• Sprinkler

5. Light

• Chiminea • Buoyant Chiminea • Bottle Lantern • Obsidian Fire Pit • Boat Torch • Boat Lantern • Tar Lamp 
vs
Cork Candle Hat • Cowl

6. New Tabs

Nautical

Lucky Hat • The 'Sea Legs' • Surfboard • Raft • Armored Boat • Encrusted Boat • Boat Repair Kit • Thatch Sail • Cloth Sail • Feather Lite Sail • Iron Wind • Boat Cannon • Sea Trap • Trawl Net • Spyglass • Super Spyglass • Captain Hat • Pirate Hat • Life Jacket • Buoy • Quackering Ram • Tar Extractor • Sea Yard

Volcanic

Obsidian Machete • Obsidian Axe • Obsidian Spear • Volcano Staff • Obsidian Armor • Obsidian Coconade • Howling Conch • Sail Stick

vs

Treasure Hunting

Disarming Tools • Ball Pein Hammer • Gold Pan • Magnifying Glass

City Planning

•Flat Stone Turf •Stone Road Turf •Lamp Post •Town House •The Sterling Trough Deli •Pigg and Pigglet's General Store •Curly Tails Mud Spa •Swinesbury Fine Grocer's •Miss Sow's Floral Arrangements •'The Sty' Oddities Emporium •The Flying Pig Arcane Shop •The Boar's Tusk Weapon Shop •The Sow's Ear Hat Shop •My City Hall  •Watch Tower •Security Contract  •Slanty Shanty

Archived