Steam

Version Number

Issue title

Abnormally agressive tallbird

Steps to reproduce

1. Find a tallbird nest
2. Steal the egg, kill tallbird
3. Get far away and then get back in a day
4. You'll see tallbird without egg in nest. Stay nearby tallbird and sometimes it will become agressive and chase you till death

Describe your issue

I consider this as bug because respawned tallbird don't know about your previous egg stealing, it even doesn't have its personal egg, so chasing player for territory protection untill the death is way too much. Happened to me like 3 times already, with the same tallbird nest - it's alone and there's no any other tallbirds on whole the map

Snob    1,272

I don't think it's a bug.They are very aggressive. If you're close to them, it's more or less likely that they're gonna chase you.

AlexXsWx    10

Yes, but usually they chase only 30-40s or untill some distance to nest. In my case, it chases me constantly, no matter how long it takes or how far it is from the nest - previosly I've seen such behaviour only when steeling egg

AlexXsWx    10

Also this bug affects tallbird without nest (the one what has been grown for 28 days) - once start chasing it will not stop until fall asleep or dead

Wade    309

We've actually been tweaking the behavior of all of the AI to make them more punishing. It sounds like this might be one of the tweaks.Thanks!

AlexXsWx    10

As for version 73920, this bug is still active: if a tallbird have an egg in its nest, it will chase you for only 30-40s. If it doesnt - no matter was it stolen or just doesn't exists - it will chase you constantly. So it's almost every time I'm checking a nest for an egg, I have to kill tallbird, because it didn't layed the egg and starts chasing me instead of doing that.

Wade    309

Okay, I'll look at this again and check on their behavior.They should just be chasing you off.