The Forge Beta Is now live!

as i understand correctly?

1. commons will replace by forge chests with forge items inside and tthey will dissapear after beta?

2. there will be no chest for every lvl up? only purchase (or no chests only in beta?)

3.will i get fire background from forge beta?

4. halloween will be till 22 november and forge starts at 8 november, its gona be 2 events at the same time? which even drops will be? or both in same time?

57 minutes ago, Gagarin-ace said:

as i understand correctly?

1. commons will replace by forge chests with forge items inside and tthey will dissapear after beta?

2. there will be no chest for every lvl up? only purchase (or no chests only in beta?)

3.will i get fire background from forge beta?

4. halloween will be till 22 november and forge starts at 8 november, its gona be 2 events at the same time? which even drops will be? or both in same time?

1. yep

2. you will have those but they will stay in special beta profile ( forge 1.0 and gorge betas used those )

3. maybe

4. i think we will have commons replaced with 50/50 curio and war chests ( curios could contain like a 25% chance of forge skins )

19 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

1. yep

2. you will have those but they will stay in special beta profile ( forge 1.0 and gorge betas used those )

3. maybe

4. i think we will have commons replaced with 50/50 curio and war chests ( curios could contain like a 25% chance of forge skins )

then i dont see any reason to join beta :(

and if there will be no chest for every lvl up on event (not beta) i will not play it at all :?

58 minutes ago, Gagarin-ace said:

then i dont see any reason to join beta :(

and if there will be no chest for every lvl up on event (not beta) i will not play it at all :?

There are many reasons to play the beta.

First and most importantly, to help Klei to find bugs and stress test the servers, just like JoeW said. I really want to avoid the frustration we had at the Gorge last time and I hope that the Forge will be more stable after the beta.

You can also preview the game with its new content, being one of the first to experience it from first hand. 

You can also gain experience in advance (and by that I don't mean xp, but experience), so you could start the Forge with more knowledge and better strategies than others. You can also find new people to play with in case you didn't have.

But ofc, if you would play only for some guaranteed reward, then you really shouldn't join.

I haven't followed this topic in its entirety but it seems last posts give the impression new Forge won't have "1 Pugna/Magma Chest per level" aka when you level up you won't receive a chest. Frankly, if true, I find that monumentally flawed as, let's be serious - for majority of us (me included) what kept us going in grinding were the chests and perspective of their rare loot RNG drops. Take that out of picture and you'll have a really short-lived event for vast majority; even more so as it seems now will be 1 Pugna Chest, 1-3 Curio Chests and/or 1-2 Regular (+1 in rarity during Halloween event) weekly drops - and I for one had till now ...just spools (portraits, icons, commons, yes COMMONS in Curio Chests, 2-3 alone Classies etc). Sure, from a business stand-point this down-played system would, theoretically, encourage sales of them packs (cause of almost non-existent chances to get all desired skins from just playing). Yet point remains: take the 1 Pugna Chest per 1 Level out of the equation and... see player-base falling drastically after 1st week-or-so in term of DST-numbers playing Forge. Sure, if this diatribe is valid only for Beta, no biggie (you wouldn't keep loot from Beta account anyway, yet you retained levels.. mmmm) - I repeat: haven't followed closely all the thread and maybe I've misunderstood.

On 01/11/2018 at 10:13 PM, JoeW said:

Don't Starve Together - Main capsule.png

And... We're back!

As we mentioned previously, we're bringing back the Forge for another Limited time event. 

We have added some stuff and changed things up a little bit so we're going to open The Forge a little early for some good old-fashioned "Let's see if anything breaks before it goes live and hopefully you can keep your progress" beta testing. Yay!

We're warming up servers and getting everything ready to go. These few days of testing will help us iron out any issues before things go live. In particular, we need to stress test the servers all over the world to make sure they hold up.

The Beta begins on November 5th, however The Forge will be open for everybody in November 8th. If you’d like to join in the Beta, please follow the instructions below. 

We hope that you will be able to keep your progress from the beta. But there is a very strong possibility that something will be broken causing us to lose progress. Please be prepared for this possibility as we will not be attempting to compensate for this occurrence - if you can't deal with losing everything, wait till everything goes live officially.  

F.A.Q.

What is The Forge?
The Forge is a limited time event for Don’t Starve Together. During this time players can earn event themed skins and rewards that are only dropped during the event. 

Yeah, but WHAT is The Forge?
The Forge is a limited time 6-player co-op challenge, where the goal is to try and defeat Battle Master Pugna's champions in an arena. The only way to survive will be to work together.

The Forge is played on official Klei servers that are available only during the event. There are no community hosted servers during this event. 

What else is in The Forge?

• This years Forge has had many balance content and progression changes. 
  • Character skins, emotes, item skins and more. Including skins from last season with hundreds of items.
  • Free on-demand dedicated event servers (Forge Only).
  • Simple Matchmaking with friends / community groups.
  • Event drop system (Forge only).
  • And more!

What kind of feedback are you looking for?
First, we really want to know if something is broken. But we’re also looking for gameplay feedback. If you find a security vulnerability or gameplay exploit, we ask that you send it to us directly at livesupport@kleientertainment.com so that we don’t have issues with abuse. Please also include your steam id so we can investigate and follow-up on the issue properly.

If I play the regular game during the event, can I still earn skins?
You can. However, with one big difference. All common drops will now reward an event chest that contains Forge event items. Regular common items will return after the event. 

Is The Forge free?
Yes! Events are free for everyone who owns DST. Players will have the option to purchase a single character’s Magmatic Skin Set for $2.99, or the entire Magmatic Chest collection for $12.99. 

We hope that with this mechanism, we can both continue creating great free content while also supporting the development team. In addition, this method of funding allows us to provide content to all our players, instead of splitting the player community if we implemented it with a DLC paywall.

Why is The Forge temporary?

We get this question a lot. The Forge runs on official servers that we pay for and provide free of charge. Playing on official servers means that we have more control over the rewards we can provide during the event. Because we designed the event around this, we designed the gameplay to be played for a short time. 

What about Forge Chests?
While we think it’s fun to get and open random drops, in terms of purchasing we felt it was better if players could buy the skins directly. We hope you feel the same!

When does the Forge end? 
The Beta will last until The Forge officially opens, right now scheduled for Nov 8th. For the full launch, The Forge will last 3 weeks from the time it launches and we expect it to launch around the second week of November, but we will see how the beta goes. More details announced with launch.  

Can I keep the items I gain during the Beta?
Your progress and the items you gain during the Beta will NOT be carried over from beta. ANY and ALL items you receive during the beta will be lost when beta is over. 

We will have a mechanic for community progress this time, and this will carry over into the live version. 

What is available during the Beta?
Pretty much everything is available. The only thing not available is skin purchasing and of course any finishing touches, balance changes and bug fixes that come from testing. 

Where do I submit feedback and bug reports?
Please submit your bug reports here, and feedback here

XHello how to sign up for the beta ? Thanks 

actually Joe said the community goals will move over to the release, and this is important. They said in previous forum posts that the Community Goals unlock MORE content, so playing during the beta will unlock us more fun content to play with, yet one has to uncover what this content will be

Just now, WhiteTigerTH said:

if the forge is come we can buy old skin?

On 1/11/2018 at 8:25 PM, JoeW said:

We're still working out the details, but you WILL be able to get last seasons Forge items.

They should be available the same as they were last year, purchasable, weavable and dropped. 

more of a question for the full release Forge, not beta, but, it would be helpful to get an official statement on how the overlap of hallowed nights and forge events will work with the weekly 4 drop system. 50/50 chance for either chest? or what? please and thank you :wilson_smile:

57 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

*Goes to the mcdonald's on November 5th*

*asks for a forge burger*

*the worker's face is epic*

Hide contents

It's a dead meme everybody. yay

YOU BETTER DELETE THIS NOW BEFORE I TURN YOUR SISTER INTO A MISTER!

Might as well go back on topic, i hope they add some form of RNG in the Reforge. It gets kinda stale fighting the same waves over and over again. Although item drops should be the same.

Also, what if the players don't reach the community challenges, it might end while there's locked content from the event?

Archived