A Programmer’s Artistic Misadventures

Ha, because today is Halloween, I was told to do a spooky art instead of work because drawing is a “mindfulness activity” I’m not the type to turn down a chance to not do work, and thusly began my artistic misadventures... I’ve been headcanoning that the Hamlet was developed during a nightmare throne reign by Wendy, and ended up with a very specific image in he head. I decided to use this as an opportunity to not do that idea justice!

I don’t have anything to scan a drawing onto a computer, so I’m literally just taking a photograph of the paper.

image.thumb.jpg.4c74cf8ddb373230cee4494ba53e6c77.jpg

Luckily for me, the photo washed out the fact that someone gave everyone a lombotomy when I wasn’t looking!

This was fun, I should do this more ofte... Wow, look at the time. I should NOT do this more often, I have other things to do!

Why am I putting this on the internet, again...

Edited by The 2C3D
If I’m going to upload literal photos of a drawing, I can at least make sure it’s a good photo. Hahaha no I can’t...
  • Like 7

21 hours ago, The 2C3D said:

Ha, because today is Halloween, I was told to do a spooky art instead of work because drawing is a “mindfulness activity” I’m not the type to turn down a chance to not do work, and thusly began my artistic misadventures... I’ve been headcanoning that the Hamlet was developed during a nightmare throne reign by Wendy, and ended up with a very specific image in he head. I decided to use this as an opportunity to not do that idea justice!

Actually, this is a really cool idea!
Drawings are nice, but I imagine things best with words, believe it or not. I can get what you're saying and see the justice in your idea without need of picture.
I can definitely see Wendy having influence towards something like Hamlet, especially with the 'Womant Queen' and queen pig, and the general elegance of the Fountain of Youth, and the pogs... 

On terms of your art, not bad with the pillars. It has some good aspects in it. Perspective, story and idea are strong - That is, I can get the idea of the scene, the low-lit room by rows of blazing pillars, the held-up Diving Rod and it's sharpening hum, and Abigail's solemn approach ahead of Wendy towards Wilson. That is, I definitely get the idea of it, and while it's not professional art, I can tell you were going for atmosphere. 

I'm only confused by one thing. Does Wilson have horns or something there? 

19 minutes ago, The 2C3D said:

The throne has points that I blew out of proportion. And messed up the perspective. They’re my less favourite bit...

Oh! I get it now! 
True, you didn't draw the throne at a side angle, but perspective of object - tilting it - is a real struggle. Artists only get good at that with practice, so don't feel too bad about it. I'm not great with it either. 

On 11/1/2018 at 6:14 PM, minespatch said:

Is that Wendy or Wilson on the throne? By those pinstripes, it looks like Wilson, but your description had me a bit confused.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:41 AM, gallusvarius said:

I'm only confused by one thing. Does Wilson have horns or something there? 

On 11/2/2018 at 12:06 PM, The 2C3D said:

A18B51F3-9D40-4A41-B742-796D23950F30.jpeg.ab2d09741872e1ba1dd3b3009f953a16.jpeg

The throne has points that I blew out of proportion. And messed up the perspective. They’re my less favourite bit...

I mistook it for Wortox at first ^^; (unimplemented demon character).