Could beta testers get some bonus?

Been doing a whole bunch of testing and bug-reports, more than I'd like, Klei's getting free testers, but why we got nothing for it :(

I guess first-to-play is a bonus, but ton of game-breaking bugs, 5 crashes and 2 save corruptions later, not sure that's a good deal. May be a discount for the DLC at least?

EDIT: Did not expect to just get the DLC for free to be announced for early access, thank you so much Klei ^-^

No offence dude, but did someone forced you to play it? I mean you are free to test the beta, you can play the game without paying money and you are playing it before it is released. If you dont want game breaking bugs, wait until the final product is released.

Edit: And I think Klei will make sure that those beta testers, maybe get some kind of skin. But don't take it for granted or be disappointed, of thats not the case.

57 minutes ago, Charsis said:

ton of game-breaking bugs, 5 crashes and 2 save corruptions later, not sure that's a good deal

Really? You signed up for a beta where the purpose is to find game breaking bugs that are sure to exist, which includes crashes and very likely some save file issues either from the bugs or from updates? I think you signed up for exactly what you got *thumbs up*

And it's really nobodies fault but your own if you are doing something "more than you would like" to.

Personally I think, that being able to play it now is reward enough. You weren't hired as a beta tester, but given the opportunity to do so. There are people who missed the sign-in who would give a left arm to be in your place. Asking for a bonus or a discount beacause the beta you*re testing has bugs is a bit thick imho.

We know the deal when we subscribed for the beta. It's up to us to balance things. I did know that encountering some breaking game bugs or not having all content was frustrating so i did some tests, reported bugs i encountered, but limited the time spent on the beta, trying to find a good balance between the pleasure of discovery and the frustration of playing the game in this state.

You have to decide what is your balance, what is too much for you, what is too frustrating, what isn't worth it, and when you reach this point, stop.

Because it's the way it works : we got the beta, it's our reward itself, there shouldn't be any more reward. If we aren't happy with this reward, then we should wait for a game in a better state.

Also, it would be dangerous to offer a reward for playing the beta. It will attract players here only for the reward, it will punish players not able to play the beta (whatever the reason), it will create bad behaviours, it's a toxicity we don't need.

2 minutes ago, Lumina said:

We know the deal when we subscribed for the beta. It's up to us to balance things. I did know that encountering some breaking game bugs or not having all content was frustrating so i did some tests, reported bugs i encountered, but limited the time spent on the beta, trying to find a good balance between the pleasure of discovery and the frustration of playing the game in this state.

You have to decide what is your balance, what is too much for you, what is too frustrating, what isn't worth it, and when you reach this point, stop.

Because it's the way it works : we got the beta, it's our reward itself, there shouldn't be any more reward. If we aren't happy with this reward, then we should wait for a game in a better state.

Also, it would be dangerous to offer a reward for playing the beta. It will attract players here only for the reward, it will punish players not able to play the beta (whatever the reason), it will create bad behaviours, it's a toxicity we don't need.

lots of people are already unhappy, they couldn't be let in. Instead, gifting a skin to those who buy the game is the right choice.

Lots of people being unhappy doesn't mean that wrong things that will make even more people unhappy should be done. This will solve nothing, just create more frustration, and it's a bad idea. I don't want to be disappointed next time there is a closed beta because people lucky to test the game will also have a discount to buy the game for less.

Also, gifting a skin to those who buy the game is still possible, but at the moment, no one bought Hamlet and this change nothing for beta tester, so i don't see the point.

Klei: "Now is the time to sign up for the closed beta. Do it now or you won't be able to play the beta. Also we'll choose players at random"

Someone: "Nah, the odds of me getting the beta are too small. I won't even try."

Klei: "We've listend to your feedback. Everyone who signed up can play the beta now. Have fun :)"

Someone: "Can I get the beta?"

Klei: "No because you didn't sign up"

Someone: " >:^ ( "

For real now- Klei's doing just fine. This beta was probably a success. Black room bug has been fixed (I think). If some poeple are unhappy then it's probably their own fault. 

I mean, we didn't see probably half of what there will be at the end of it. 

We got a taste, it will be improved and will be released later on.

Where's the issue? I'll tell you the only issue there is: people are freaking impatient.

26 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Klei: "Now is the time to sign up for the closed beta. Do it now or you won't be able to play the beta. Also we'll choose players at random"

Someone: "Nah, the odds of me getting the beta are too small. I won't even try."

Klei: "We've listend to your feedback. Everyone who signed up can play the beta now. Have fun :)"

Someone: "Can I get the beta?"

Klei: "No because you didn't sign up"

Someone: " >:^ ( "

For real now- Klei's doing just fine. This beta was probably a success. Black room bug has been fixed (I think). If some poeple are unhappy then it's probably their own fault. 

true, true....

“Discount for the dlc at least” am I actually reading that right. You got to play the dlc early for FREE and you want the whole improved bug free dlc at a discount because of it? Klei told you there would be bugs in beta, you chose to play it anyway. Please don’t bug Klei for free stuff 

as many already said, it was voluntary, there shouldn't be a reward for being beta-tester, except to test the game before others, even if it contains lots of bugs.
and even then they gave all beta-testers hamlet for free!
its alright to hope for reward for being beta-tester, but expecting one … you should never expect reward for something that's voluntary.
as many people already said, the reward is the beta.

Archived