Guard Pigs - most careless and careful at the same time

Ok so basically, 

Spoiler

i’m monky

Guard pigs are careful about their farms, but be burning down whole long grass clusters (at dusk/night, because they feel its apparently fun to commit arson when every pig is sleeping) because of one tiny weevil. In this, they kill themselves. Free halberd (and torch), but RIP grass.

I mean, its kinda funny and panicking when you see a bunch of light coming from a grassland..

Thoughts..?

16 hours ago, axxel said:

Weevoles shouldn't be classified as monsters. I think they defend their territory, and they are not evil. Problem solved.

Spoiler

mon·ster

an imaginary creature that is typically large, ugly, and frightening.
synonyms: giant, mammoth, colossus, leviathan, titan; 
informaljumbo
"he's a monster of a man"

Well, it's not the fact that they're only hostile, but the fact it isn't natural enough to be a standard "animal". I don't think they're counted as Monsters only for being mean, but rather the fact they aren't safe to eat, and or aren't natural enough.
Take the Hellhound, or the Spider, those are Monsters because normally they aren't that big, mean, or just overall ugly like that. Poor Wilson and Co.

Now take the Pog, you'd see that and normally question it, right? But when you walk into a savanna and see a giant Bug that almost reaches up to your Torso running around in the grass trying to ram it's tiny weird little head into your stomach you'd consider that a Monster, right?

Spoiler

On the chance your post was a joke or alike, I hope my comment didn't sound to serious. Just trying to help.    :'D

6 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Hide contents

mon·ster

an imaginary creature that is typically large, ugly, and frightening.
synonyms: giant, mammoth, colossus, leviathan, titan; 
informaljumbo
"he's a monster of a man"

Well, it's not the fact that they're only hostile, but the fact it isn't natural enough to be a standard "animal". I don't think they're counted as Monsters only for being mean, but rather the fact they aren't safe to eat, and or aren't natural enough.
Take the Hellhound, or the Spider, those are Monsters because normally they aren't that big, mean, or just overall ugly like that. Poor Wilson and Co.

Now take the Pog, you'd see that and normally question it, right? But when you walk into a savanna and see a giant Bug that almost reaches up to your Torso running around in the grass trying to ram it's tiny weird little head into your stomach you'd consider that a Monster, right?

Hide contents

On the chance your post was a joke or alike, I hope my comment didn't sound to serious. Just trying to help.    :'D

Uhm lol I would count these pesky Gnat swarms more to the monster category than Weevoles:D. Is it because because a monster is defined by its unnatural appearance or being inedible? Most creatures and plants IG are chimeras. I find many critters in game pretty cute and characters' comments are different! But I think this discussion is mostly pointless due different opinions haha. 

Anyway, this was my solution proposal as Weevoles are targeted as monsters, not as aggressors. 

On 2018-10-31 at 2:10 AM, axxel said:

Uhm lol I would count these pesky Gnat swarms more to the monster category

Yes, they are open sores on ****’s d... Umm...

Nevermind what I was saying there, my point is that if they were monsters then guard pigs would run towards them and try to attack them despite the fact that they are invincible. I’ll wager they’re not considered monsters of AI reasons.

Archived