why I strongly dislike the poison mechanic

avc15

Time is so important in this game, for a newbie like me at least.

If I get poisoned, and I haven't already collected some poison glands, AND discovered some harvestable coral, I'm basically sunk. I feel better about just quitting and restarting than trying to fight it.

It's not that I can't beat the poison, it's that my chances of surviving the wet season diminish so much. Getting poisoned without the components of an antivenom waiting for me is a lot like just losing 4 days or so. Not some minor inconvenience, it's a total game changer.

I don't hope hamlet is super easy - survival games are great! But, a single effect that will make me throw out a savefile? Bad.

I feel you, though I can put up with it by just directly consuming a poison gland when i've low hunger, and eating 2 Surf and Turf, or even just jellyfish. Farming Nightmare Fuel while on a boat thanks to the sanity drain helps, too.

That aside, what i could suggest is to avoid venomous things entirely. In monsoon season, smack mosquitos first when you see them. you have a faster attack speed than they do.

hope i helped

Poison is pretty easy though… 

It AT BEST will take away 3 hp and that's hwen it's almsot gone. YOu can ismply ingest the poison gland to get rid of poison. Sure it'll leave you with like 10 hp but killing butterflies ain't a problem. It's best to simply avoid getting poisoned.

I hope that poison stays in Hamplet as scorpions already posion you

19 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I hope that poison stays in Hamplet as scorpions already posion you

Killing Rainbow Jellyfishes and normal jellyfishes (this one with electroproof gear) works too.

I mostly spend Monsoon season at sea doing such and looking for the Volcano, so i barely see mosquitos.

And yes, poison is in Hamlet. Aside from Scorpions, eating nonblooming Tubers and Poison Frog Legs also poisons you.

Archived