On 11/19/2018 at 1:57 AM, deludeddaybreak said:

Preeeeeesenting my first ever tablet drawing!diving merm w ship.png

Wait a dainty merm. Looks reminiscent to the "Creature from the Black Lagoon" poster.

On 11/19/2018 at 10:54 PM, deludeddaybreak said:

tags.png

Curious that these two merm drawings give merms frog feet, just a observation. I love the foreshortening with the pose.

On 11/20/2018 at 2:12 AM, deludeddaybreak said:

@zergologistYou requested a Funko merm Pugna, yes?merm pugna.png

I guess we have a new theory: Pipton is Pugna's father.:wilson_ecstatic:

Nice job working with the details from the original characters to come up with this version.

I drew a more detailed version of Crowe's Mer King Wilson's Sea Staff. The runes etched into the staff are part of the merm language that Crowe has been inventing- it's super cool!
5c0362008fcc6_seastaffwrunes.thumb.png.1eadf95fdd307c2207628bf033631062.png
The Sea Staff is like the Forge's Living Staff in many ways. It's a powerful artifact, wrought from the sea's bounty and combined with a large chunk of one of the Gnaw's old teeth, which fell into the sea of the Gorge long ago and found its way into the Constant. The Sea Staff can create an area of healing, but should its effects be used on a non-aquatic or non-amphibious creature, the subject will fall victim to the Gnaw's plague, slowly mermifying. This side effect can befall almost all manner of creatures, not just humans, pigs, and goats. Of course, not all creatures becomes merms of the same sort as what we're familiar with. Rather, they become bulkier, scaly, amphibious varieties of their former species. I'm hoping to draw some examples of this phenomenon eventually. Thinking I'll do pogs first, and then maybe beefalo.

On 11/25/2018 at 4:59 AM, DragonMage156 said:

The Pugna one is really cool! That last pic looks like an axolotl merm ^_^

What would a Wigfrid merm looks like I wonder? I mean her hair could be drawn as two big fins but I thought that might look too Wendy-ish...

I intend to design Wigfrid soon, it just depends on when I get enough of a concept going. I just started a full-time job, so I'm only gonna have time for maybe one big project or two smaller projects a week until I get accustomed to these hours. I will do my best, though!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Precious little beach bum with a secret

beachbumwilson.png

On 12/2/2018 at 7:06 PM, zergologist said:

You know, you could make a mermified hound or tallbird

I certainly can try when the inspiration strikes me! I've been pretty busy with work, but I'll see what I can do.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:43 PM, zergologist said:

@deludeddaybreak, gonna post nart merm here?

garbage.thumb.png.329ce253ce3b974dc93c60789fa2d183.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So I'm back after absolutely forever, to announce that I am now writing fanfiction. I currently have two pieces in the works and one short finished drabble, one which is a "word a day" challenge, the other is of an AU that I have been RPing in for forever but have never written down.

Word-a-day focusing on Wilson and Maxwell (E-rated shippy) can be found here:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/36670312/chapters/91471597

And the AU which started out as a boarding school AU and ended up ridiculously off the rails can be found here:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/37157584/chapters/92700709

Short drabble regarding the beginning of Maxwell's reign:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/36670879

I greatly appreciate thoughts, feedback, and theories!

Also, have a Maxwell bnuuy.
happenstance.png.a091cb86e4458cec62b74d9a64cfa448.png
And Mr. Skitts
skits.png.881e868b0a6a9874fe34a921cbba19f8.png

Edited by deludeddaybreak
  • Like 1
  • Wavey 3

Yepyep, Don't Starve is back to being a hyperfixation of mine, and it has actually managed to break through my writer's block.

I'm love my shadow iguana fren so much, I need to draw Them more. I've found the best model for Them is to start with a picture of an iguana, shorten and taper the arms to include just the forearms, and make the rest of the body a squiggle. It seems to create some very skittsy Skittses.

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1