Jason

[Game Update] - 291461

Wyulliam    83
34 minutes ago, Jason said:
  • Gnats are not auto targeted unless they are the last choice.

THANK GOD!

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

Changed Radish food attributes

That is nice. Radish recovered WAY too much hungry (20 i think) for a raw food, found a lot in the wild

• Like 2

Jason    3,818

We just noticed a problem with the interiors. Fix has been made. It's just a cosmetic problem, when the build is deployed everything should be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Charsis    224
2 hours ago, Jason said:

• Increased Spider Monkey health and damage.

But... what about the loot? The loot, @Jason the LOOT!

Might be ok, but something needs to be done with the whole vines-kill-everything-for-you thing, it really breaks the game danger a bit.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

• Pig guards don’t crash anymore when their weapon runs out of durability

What happens now then...? They get a new 100% durability weapon?

Everything else sounds really good, especially pigs not losing their houses and multiplying :wilson_goodjob:

• Like 1

Slower recovery from Hayfever with Gas Mask.

I feel like this was already nerfed once :-/  Probably fine though... I was able to get through the hayfever season with like 24% durability used.

ansuman    152
1 hour ago, Wyulliam said:

THANK GOD!

That is nice. Radish recovered WAY too much hungry (20 i think) for a raw food, found a lot in the wild

Now its 25 Hunger xD

• Confused 1

Zeklo    17,543
2 hours ago, Jason said:

Balance Changes 

• Bat Cowl added to the recipes.

It let's you "see" through fog. Now that is quite nice.

Jason    3,818

hm..

6 minutes ago, ansuman said:

Now its 25 Hunger xD

I supposed to be 12.5
if it's not, It'll get fixed in the next one.

• Like 2

Starphire    39

So the gas mask doesn't feel like a viable strategy to combat hay fever with long term anymore. The sanity drop feels too intense to be able to wear it 24/7 and not constantly be in the shadow creature spawn sanity range... and yet you need to wear it nearly 24/7 to remove the overlay effectively.

Am I missing something?

Edited by Starphire

Zinglon    131
5 minutes ago, Starphire said:

So the gas mask doesn't feel like a viable strategy to combat hay fever with long term anymore. The sanity drop feels too intense to be able to wear it 24/7 and not constantly be in the shadow creature spawn sanity range... and yet you need to wear it nearly 24/7 to remove the overlay effectively.

Am I missing something?

Invest on Nettle coin!

Starphire    39

Is there enough nettle in the world and does it regrow fast enough to be able to eat it every day of the season (assuming it removes the hay fever symptoms for an entire ingame day)? That's a lot of time pressure on the player to use that as a viable strat for the first season (search the jungles fully by day 24 on top of crafting the science machine, alchemy engine, lightning rod, and a pith hat. Or are you just meant to be insane for the entire first season while using the gas mask?

Not to say you couldn't manage it for a season or two, but that'd get really punitive over the course of multiple seasons and make people not want to use the gas mask for hay fever prevention long term. If there's a better, valid alternative to hay fever that allows u to travel freely, and that's what's intended for us to move onto from the gas mask, okay... 

Zinglon    131
2 minutes ago, Starphire said:

Is there enough nettle in the world and does it regrow fast enough to be able to eat it every day of the season (assuming it removes the hay fever symptoms for an entire ingame day)? That's a lot of time pressure on the player to use that as a viable strat for the first season (search the jungles fully by day 24 on top of crafting the science machine, alchemy engine, lightning rod, and a pith hat. Or are you just meant to be insane for the entire first season while using the gas mask?

Not to say you couldn't manage it for a season or two, but that'd get really punitive over the course of multiple seasons and make people not want to use the gas mask for hay fever prevention long term. If there's a better, valid alternative to hay fever that allows u to travel freely, and that's what's intended for us to move onto from the gas mask, okay... 

Yes. There're enough nettles in the world. Also you could relieve hayfever with tea tree seed pods too.

Starphire    39

I've heard if you cut the tea trees down the squirrels (Poki?) stop spawning? I'm assuming that's a beta issue if so?

How many nettles spawn on average? And again, that time crunch to collect them still feels like an issue for first season usage.

Lemme live with the gas mask sanity drain for a bit, but my first impression is that it feels a bit steep.

So besides the gas mask, nettle, tea tree pods, and that fancy fan that requires gears and i'm assuming requires a stationary location, are there any other mechanics for removing/preventing/reducing hay fever? 

kiwikenobi    765
21 hours ago, Zinglon said:

Also you could relieve hayfever with tea tree seed pods too.

Is this a suggestion, or is this already part of the game? Because if tea tree seeds alleviate hayfever, that's pretty great, I really struggled with hayfever after this update made the gas mask so much worse. I tried to calculate, just by observation, since I don't know how to examine the game's files or whatever, and I'm honestly not sure whether you actually lose more sanity wearing the gas mask than just letting yourself sneeze. I just slept as much as possible on straw rolls to get the hayfever season over with sooner, and to restore my sanity, since it was suffering so much between sneezing and wearing the gas mask. I would have built an oscillating fan, but even though I spent at least seven or eight days in the second town, the shop never had any gears. I suppose it was just bad luck, and I hope the randomness of the shop stock gets addressed in the final release.

Edited by kiwikenobi

Zinglon    131
4 hours ago, kiwikenobi said:

Is this a suggestion, or is this already part of the game? Because if tea tree seeds alleviate hayfever, that's pretty great, I really struggled with hayfever after this update made the gas mask so much worse. I tried to calculate, just by observation, since I don't know how to examine the game's files or whatever, and I'm honestly not sure whether you actually lose more sanity wearing the gas mask than just letting yourself sneeze. I just slept as much as possible on straw rolls to get the hayfever season over with sooner, and to restore my sanity, since it was suffering so much between sneezing and wearing the gas mask. I would have built an oscillating fan, but even though I spent at least seven or eight days in the second town, the shop never had any gears. I suppose it was just bad luck, and I hope the randomness of the shop stock gets addressed in the final release.

Check some threads about hayfever in this forum. They also work with antihistamine property.

On 2018. 10. 27. at 12:38 AM, Starphire said:

I've heard if you cut the tea trees down the squirrels (Poki?) stop spawning? I'm assuming that's a beta issue if so?

How many nettles spawn on average? And again, that time crunch to collect them still feels like an issue for first season usage.

Lemme live with the gas mask sanity drain for a bit, but my first impression is that it feels a bit steep.

So besides the gas mask, nettle, tea tree pods, and that fancy fan that requires gears and i'm assuming requires a stationary location, are there any other mechanics for removing/preventing/reducing hay fever? 

About ~50 nettle vines I guess. Just 30 are enough. Now the mist is shorter and you may have much time to farm around in the humid season.

• Thanks 1

watermelen671    15,636
On 10/26/2018 at 5:44 PM, Jason said:

Bat Cowl added to the recipes.

Does this mean we get to be the Batman?

• Haha 1