Hallowed Nights Rises Again!

If you've ever sat down to create a custom character for DS/DST, you realize just how much work goes into drawing the design, coloring it, and then ensuring the turnaround is free of mistakes and looks accurate on all sides. And heck, when you're a community creator you can get away with some errors or mistakes. There is no doubt in my mind then that Klei works their butt off to bring new skins and content, which is amazing especially when skins don't get them a huge profit.

Being disappointed is beyond fine, but it seems rude to nitpick a team for working hard but not the way you wanted. 

That said, I look forward to playing this event as it'll be my first halloween one! Pretty busy with some other stuff, but hopefully I can log in  soon. Any end date to this? I didn't see one in the opening post.

On 27.10.2018 at 3:07 AM, Breeziy said:

Any end date to this? I didn't see one in the opening post.

You can see the ending date in the game's main menu, it's 22nd November. I don't understand tho why isn't it here in the announcement tho.

I hope you'll like this year's Hallowed Nights! ;)

Edit: Viktor234 could show me where the end date was shown, here is a link to it: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/97365-rhymes-with-play-dont-starve-together-dev-cast/?tab=comments#comment-1103439

It seems that it wasn't in the game menu (tho I'm still not sure about that) but in a steam announcement. 

hallowed_nights_2018_sm.png

Willow's face is totally me when someone accidently touch a staff trap setpiece and we then proceed to reset the world because we had rain 14 day in a row. 

(-Guys it's is now a week since the rain started and we still can't get out of this.

-reset the world

-reeessset

-Next do not touch the freaking staff okay?)

2 minutes ago, Vlad Puzakov said:

So it's still limited to the 4 items per week, no matter if you got skins or chest, right? Or you can get 4 skins and 4 chest per week? I'm not sure how the events drops work.

Chests replace common drops, but you can still only get a max of 4 drops. So if you get 2 classies (outside of chests) and 2 chests that's your drops for the week.

Willow: I like the Wednesday look, but I don't like the Lizzie Borden ref.

Wes: I was freaking out when I saw the Pierrot Wes. Just perfect! Wes is too precious!!

WX: When viewing the skin concepts I thought that WX's wip skin was going to be an "origin" skin like the young Wicker and Wilson. It doesn't scream Halloween to me tbh. The other characters are dressed up as recognizable archetypes: a ghost girl, Wednesday/Lizzie, Pierrot, mad scientist, punk kid. All WX did was take off some body parts. That's pretty hilarious actually, so I'm really not hung up on that.

Also, I love looking at robot insides, especially the moving gear in the main menu animation.

1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

Willow: I like the Wednesday look, but I don't like the Lizzie Borden ref.

Wes: I was freaking out when I saw the Pierrot Wes. Just perfect! Wes is too precious!!

WX: When viewing the skin concepts I thought that WX's wip skin was going to be an "origin" skin like the young Wicker and Wilson. It doesn't scream Halloween to me tbh. The other characters are dressed up as recognizable archetypes: a ghost girl, Wednesday/Lizzie, Pierrot, mad scientist, punk kid. All WX did was take off some body parts. That's pretty hilarious actually, so I'm really not hung up on that.

Also, I love looking at robot insides, especially the moving gear in the main menu animation.

I had not even thought about Lizzie Borden when I saw Willow, but now that you mention it, I see how it could be based on her.

4 hours ago, MasterWolf said:

I had not even thought about Lizzie Borden when I saw Willow, but now that you mention it, I see how it could be based on her.

her loading screen picture says 'woeful willow took an axe and gave a tree 40 whacks'

definitely a lizzie borden reference there

17 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

B: They didn't manage their time well and couldn't finish up the other ones. Both of these situations aren't ones I'd like to see coming from the only company I actually like 100% of the way.

Well, i recently saw an article (Klei's Twitter i think linked it) about how Klei try to avoid crunch as much as possible. Maybe they put half the skin only because of this.

I mean, you can't obviously delay Halloween (will not work very well), so the other option to avoid too much pressure on people working at Klei is to have only a part of the skin instead of them all.

Yes, this could be worrying. However, if they truly do efforts to avoid crunch (and i hope it's still the case), then maybe what is really worrying isn't Klei taking time and delaying some stuff, but all the other companies abusing of crunch and stuff like this.

There is a reason why we love Klei, maybe it's one of the price of being a good company.

(Also, Klei, really hope you don't make a lot of crunch like almost all compagnies)

4 hours ago, Parusoid said:

@JoeW How long does the event last?

15 hours ago, fimmatek said:

You can see the ending date in the game's main menu, it's 22nd November. I don't understand tho why isn't it here in the announcement.

I hope you'll like this year's Hallowed Nights! ;)

42 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

I cant really see it anywhere easily accesible in the game menus

You are right, I cannot see it now either. But I'm pretty sure I ready it somewhere on the forum, and there was an image with the starting and ending day on it. But I really cannot find it again, not even in other topics or the last Klei stream, so I'd really appreciate if someone could link it here.

The only source with the end date I could find is the wikia: http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Hallowed_Nights 

Is the amount of chests you can get weekly or is it just by playing normally?

I've just started to do the event and already got 3 chests while playing with my friend, but he got more chests than I did, and we were playing on the same server (we had already got the 3 weekly skins before the event)

20 minutes ago, Nickaro said:

Is the amount of chests you can get weekly or is it just by playing normally?

I've just started to do the event and already got 3 chests while playing with my friend, but he got more chests than I did, and we were playing on the same server (we had already got the 3 weekly skins before the event)

The drops are both random and weekly. You can get 4 drops a week, this counter resets thursdays, usually around the beginning of the dev stream. But these drops are random, sometimes you have to wait longer to get them, sometimes you get them pretty fast. So I think you'll get your 4th drop sooner or later too.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:28 PM, JoeW said:

Frankly speaking. The team worked their ass off to get this out with what we have, if we didn't do half the set of character skins, we wouldn't be doing character skins at all. We wouldn't have time. 

We need an /assoff emoji!

Archived