Hallowed Nights Rises Again!

• Developer
3 hours ago, ZolaRay said:

did the weekly drops reset? because i got mine yesterday and didnt get any curio chests

You probably got something other than a Common drop. Only the Common rarity drops are replaced by the box.

• Developer
1 minute ago, Sir.Fux said:

just saw someone getting a pugna war chest today. i guess thats not intended

This can happen when someone has an unopened gift/drop since last year. They earned it during the Forge, and left it unopened until now. Odd, but it does happen. Thanks for letting us know.

Edit: If you believe that they've been getting drops properly and opening them all year, please let me know what their Steam account is and I can look into it further.

how can I tell? I just saw the announcement during the game and clicked on it, to see someone got that chest. 

didn't talked to the dude much in the game. it was on "Slurtle Slime - Klei Official" if the logs can help you out.

• Developer
11 minutes ago, Sir.Fux said:

how can I tell? I just saw the announcement during the game and clicked on it, to see someone got that chest. 

didn't talked to the dude much in the game. it was on "Slurtle Slime - Klei Official" if the logs can help you out.

If you remember their name, you might be able to find them in your player Recent Encounters list.

6 hours ago, crystal_clodet said:

its a random chest you can get as many unfinished robot hands klei does not determine what is inside

That's not the problem. I think it's not random enough. This is indeed tied to Klei's choice of RNG. Of course it's strange to get the same item x-times in a row. I experienced it only after I had opened multiple random chests and get similar results. That's why I mentioned the possible outcome of having the dublicates in a single chests. 

9 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Are you complaining that there's not enough content in this free update to a damn near four year old game? Come on guy. 

I am NOT complaining about a lack of content. I AM complaining about bad time management that results in stuff getting cut before official release. It seems like this is a problem if this is the third time it's happened. I was willing to let the first two slide by as it was a new idea at the time, but I was expecting them to learn from their mistakes. I'm not hating on Klei, I just don't want this to become the norm. Especially since the 6 character packs have a worse value then the 12 character packs. It seemed like they were doing this intentionally to make more profit. And one reason why I actually enjoy throwing my money at Klei is because they don't nickle and dime their players when they have so many opportunities to do so.

33 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I am NOT complaining about a lack of content. I AM complaining about bad time management that results in stuff getting cut before official release. It seems like this is a problem if this is the third time it's happened. I was willing to let the first two slide by as it was a new idea at the time, but I was expecting them to learn from their mistakes. I'm not hating on Klei, I just don't want this to become the norm. Especially since the 6 character packs have a worse value then the 12 character packs. It seemed like they were doing this intentionally to make more profit. And one reason why I actually enjoy throwing my money at Klei is because they don't nickle and dime their players when they have so many opportunities to do so.

wonder why some of these never got in game. i mean, come on look at the woodie one, that one looks great

post-563359-0-09922400-1437689896_thumb.png

post-563359-0-13202700-1437689891_thumb.png

post-563359-0-05160900-1437689824_thumb.png

post-563359-0-95933600-1437689902_thumb.png

post-563359-0-61275000-1437689830_thumb.png

2 minutes ago, ZolaRay said:

wonder why some of these never got in game. i mean, come on look at the woodie one, that one looks great

post-563359-0-09922400-1437689896_thumb.png

post-563359-0-13202700-1437689891_thumb.png

post-563359-0-05160900-1437689824_thumb.png

post-563359-0-95933600-1437689902_thumb.png

post-563359-0-61275000-1437689830_thumb.png

The upper 3: Military has so far not had a theme , Jekyll and Hyde might be Wolfgang's next Hallowed Nights skin, Young Wicker and Wilson didn't have a theme either.
The Lower 2: Klei doesn't do Skins for Characters' Perks that's currently my job lol but I can imagine Wolfman Woodie will be a thing, Samurai Wig has had no theme she could fit either

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Your assumptions are incorrect. Let me clarify my statement from earlier. 

Nothing got cut from this event. I am not sure what leads you to believe that it had.

Basically with any given (free) event we set out to create, there must be a balance with the time we have and the cost it takes to make it in that time, versus the benefit of doing the work. Whether that be sales, improving player counts or general quality of life for the game. 

I want to be super clear here. I think you're looking at the situation in the wrong way. If we were trying to do as you suggest, we would be making more skins, not less. But the fact is, we don't make much money from the skins. So we aren't going to put major resources into them.

It doesn't make sense from us from an operational perspective to do en entire skin collection (that requires I believe nearly 2 months to do from start to finish) for every event. Not only would that take way too much time away from content, it just wouldn't be worth doing.

If they wanted to nickle and dime us, they would do the same crap that all F2P, and many retail games do; sell loot crate keys, event passes, rarity boosters, paid game enhancing items, etc. While I may despise loot boxes, I really like that Klei has been releasing skins that we can buy from them. I don't want to go back to before last year's Forge, and end up trying to buy the skin I want from the Steam marketplace.

21 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Nothing got cut from this event. I am not sure what leads you to believe that it had.

Basically with any given (free) event we set out to create, there must be a balance with the time we have and the cost it takes to make it in that time, versus the benefit of doing the work. Whether that be sales, improving player counts or general quality of life for the game. 

I want to be super clear here. I think your looking at the situation in the wrong way. If we were trying to do as you suggest, we would be making more skins, not less. But the fact is, we don't make much money from the skins. So we aren't going to put major resources into them.

It doesn't make sense from us from an operational perspective to do en entire skin collection (that requires I believe nearly 2 months to do from start to finish) for every event. Not only would that take way too much time away from content, it just wouldn't be worth doing.

i mean you are right though, but, half of the skins already had concept art since a while ago, and seem rather lazy, for example, the webber one is literally the same default head just with piercings and a mohawk and angry eyes, other webber skins are shaped differently to fit the theme, wes clown skins is also the same head model as triumphant, just without hair and glasses and hair, didnt even bother to change the cheek things. the only skin that in my opinion looks different its willows, because her hair is shaped completely different and theres no other skin with that facial expression

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

Wow, that’s just so *generous* of you. 

45 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

LMAO! The levels of arrogance are off the charts! 

Please enlighten us on how you run your business....

It sure is nice of you guys to take a single sentence I said out of context. Yep, let's just ignore everything else about me being worried about how Klei is handling things. Yeah, my original comment was a bit self-centered, but it partly comes from my love of Klei. Up until the snowfallen set, skins were released in complete sets that included everyone. The skin weaving system was still new at the time, and they came directly off the heels of the Forge. So it was understandable that we only got a partial set. Then came the verdant skins, seeing as it was half the cast again, but the ones left out of the snowfallen, it felt like an apology of sorts. And then we reach now: a period of a content drought. And we get only half the cast again. To me, it felt like either A: they were doing this on purpose (as the value of the skins is less with the half sets, and they get more money), or B: They didn't manage their time well and couldn't finish up the other ones. Both of these situations aren't ones I'd like to see coming from the only company I actually like 100% of the way.

Now, I'm sorry for all the drama I've caused. That was not the intent at all. So can we please just put this behind us unless there's something actually meaningful to discuss? The way this conversation is going right now feels like it'll just lead to needless bickering.

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

From what you said previously, it seemed like you guys ran out of time and couldn't finish the other ones. And most of the skins were concepts that have existed for a while now too. I apologize for the assumptions. Bit I am still curious... why only half the cast this time around?

4 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

From what you said previously, it seemed like you guys ran out of time and couldn't finish the other ones. And most of the skins were concepts that have existed for a while now too. I apologize for the assumptions. Bit I am still curious... why only half the cast this time around?

I think the simplest way to think of it is like a budget.

JoeW said he thinks a whole collection takes about 2 months, so let's use that. If Klei has only one month, excess or otherwise, to work on skins they clearly are not going to be able to do a full set. So they have the choice of doing no skins, or only doing some. 

That's how I'm understanding it at least.

28 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Bit I am still curious... why only half the cast this time around?

Here's the answer since you missed it the first time. 

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

3 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

The Lower 2: Klei doesn't do Skins for Characters' Perks [...]

Mostly true but there's one exception:

Spoiler

image.png.136ac27a7914b0e287ed9c7f4191fc32.png

That skin is pretty useless if you ain't playing as Wickerbottom cause other characters can't craft any books. And that's just a skin for a single item for a single character which requires 1350 spools.

12 hours ago, axxel said:

My first 3 Curio Chests had at least one "Unfinished Robot Hands" in them. Klei what are you doing? Opening event chests successively results in getting the same item. This happened to me in the past but I shut my mouth back then. Good we are not getting dublicates in one chest.

At least you're getting chest. I've gotten 1 Classic Chest, and it resulted in some shoes, a skirt, and mad scientist coat. 
Then my next present was a shadow top. 

Doesn't even seem worth playing the content, whoopdy doo, i can decorate a tree with trinkets. 

Archived