Hallowed Nights Rises Again!

37 minutes ago, PeterA said:

That's correct. While there's some hookup time on my end to setup the new definitions, and purchase packs and test them all., the bulk of the time comes down to artist bandwidth.

Edit: We're working on cloning technology though.

There is a spoiled brat element to these complaints. At this point, the game has a lot of characters and each skin needs to be animated to do everything that character does in every situation. Graphically, it’s essentially a new character. My main doesn’t get a new skin this holiday, but I’d rather have the new FREE Hallowed Nights bells and whistles anyway. They’re something every player can enjoy without spending a dime, and I think it’s great that Klei put time and creative resources into that instead of a full array of skins, which would be more lucrative for them. 

Klei
Thank you all
It was an instant buy.
I saw an update while playing 
And I can't describe how happy I am now
I've been waiting for Mad Scientist Wilson for 2 years since I started to play DST
This is the best Halloween gift guys
Thank you again Klei
nnnnhhhhhhh
sorryIamsohappy

wils.png

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

hallowed_nights_2018_sm.png

The Hallowed Nights are upon us once again!

Something special lies in wait for you. Everyone on can once again discover tricks and treats around the world of Don't Starve. Fill your candy bag to the brim and satisfy your sweet tooth with all sorts of sugary seasonal treats!

Spooky costumes are available for a limited time, so be sure to enjoy them before the event ends and they go back from whence they came!

New for 2018, Mix potions in the Mad Science Lab and find new Hallowed Nights Decorations to totally decorate Totally Normal Trees. 

Also available are special disguises and new item skins for 2018 that will stick around, but they’ll only drop during the season of Hallowed Nights, so be on the look-out for these rare items and snag them all while you can!

Good luck, have fun, and brace yourself for a scare!

Thanks for the awesome update once again! I appreciate your hard work to the community. I got this question for awhile already. Do the DLC stays forever or for certain amount of times? I know someone answered this somewhat on the forum already but I would like it to be confirmed the least. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Geeris said:

Where's Wes's elegant hairstyle? :?

image.png.4aacea65d9a28b459e6d704203dc08fc.png

Lol. I was wondering what Wes would look like bald. I think I basically got my answer in this skin XD

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Quite honestly, I'm getting tired of this whole "only half the cast at a time" thing. It just feels lazy now.

Literally last event we got a full set for every character.

We're getting another set for Forge 2.

Don't forget Hamlet is being made and new artwork assets need to be made.

But nooooooooooooooooooooo the artists are lazy for giving us 6 skins :/ (not counting items)

7 minutes ago, PillsStealer said:

But nooooooooooooooooooooo the artists are lazy for giving us 6 skins :/ (not counting items)

I agree with that, but it's pretty depressing not to have a skin for your main character.

I've been waiting for Winter's Wes since last year.
I hope they have it designed for this year.
:(

17 minutes ago, SavageLemon said:

Thanks for the awesome update once again! I appreciate your hard work to the community. I got this question for awhile already. Do the DLC stays forever or for certain amount of times? I know someone answered this somewhat on the forum already but I would like it to be confirmed the least. Thanks.

Lol. I was wondering what Wes would look like bald. I think I basically got my answer in this skin XD

I expected the redhead Wes with the features of  "It", That would be spectacular

Klei whats your inspirations on the new halloween costumes? My guesses are...

Wilson & WX-78 = Frankenstein - 1931 film (Dr. Victor Frankenstein) and Metropolis - 1927 film (Hel the "resurrected" robot)

Willow & Wendy = Addam's Family - 1991 film (Wednesday) and The Ring - 2002 film (Samara Morgan)

Wes = Pagliacci - 1874 italian opera (Canio)

Webber = Madmax??? idk it seems more fitting in a Music genre theme or a 70's/80's theme, it still looks good though.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

At this point, the game has a lot of characters and each skin needs to be animated to do everything that character does in every situation. Graphically, it’s essentially a new character.

Is there any proof to back this up? I can't imagine this being what they actually do. Even if that is what's happening, it seems like it would be easier to line up the sprites correctly then just copy/paste the animations. Having to manually animate every action all over again for each individual character seems like a huge waste of time and resources.

1 hour ago, PillsStealer said:

The problem is that this is the third time this has happened. Again, for apparently a lack of time. Something doesn't quite seem right if it's happening so often...

9 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Is there any proof to back this up? I can't imagine this being what they actually do. Even if that is what's happening, it seems like it would be easier to line up the sprites correctly then just copy/paste the animations. Having to manually animate every action all over again for each individual character seems like a huge waste of time and resources.

The animations don't need to be redone, no, but every sprite needs to be redone which can amount to about 100~ images, per character, not including faces sprites (in the case of Wolfgang this number is much higher). Then of course there's the big portrait. It's quite the undertaking.

Archived