Hallowed Nights Rises Again!

hallowed_nights_2018_sm.png

The Hallowed Nights are upon us once again!

Something special lies in wait for you. Everyone on can once again discover tricks and treats around the world of Don't Starve. Fill your candy bag to the brim and satisfy your sweet tooth with all sorts of sugary seasonal treats!

Spooky costumes are available for a limited time, so be sure to enjoy them before the event ends and they go back from whence they came!

New for 2018, Mix potions in the Mad Science Lab and find new Hallowed Nights Decorations to totally decorate Totally Normal Trees. 

Also available are special disguises and new item skins for 2018 that will stick around, but they’ll only drop during the season of Hallowed Nights, so be on the look-out for these rare items and snag them all while you can!

Good luck, have fun, and brace yourself for a scare!

3 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Quite honestly, I'm getting tired of this whole "only half the cast at a time" thing. It just feels lazy now.

Considering we're getting a new forge set and potentially the other half of the Snowfallen. I'm surprised we got any new Hallowed skins.

• Developer
5 minutes ago, KoreanWaffles said:

Is there some sort of mistake? Buying the Survivor Skins through Steam costs twice as much as through the in game Klei Store.

Slight hiccup on launch, should be fixed now.

8 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Quite honestly, I'm getting tired of this whole "only half the cast at a time" thing. It just feels lazy now.

Frankly speaking. The team worked their ass off to get this out with what we have, if we didn't do half the set of character skins, we wouldn't be doing character skins at all. We wouldn't have time. 

2 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Frankly speaking. The team worked their ass off to get this out with what we have, if we didn't do half the set of character skins, we wouldn't be doing character skins at all. We wouldn't have time. 

I'm not trying to be rude or anything... but this is the third instance of this happening. It almost looks intentional at this point.

The update looks great, especially the new item skins! I'll be using that batbat skin for sure... :D 

26 minutes ago, JoeW said:

This is understandable. And although I agree with Sinister_Fang that it's annoying to have only half of the characters' skins, I think it's still better to have some than none ;) 

22 minutes ago, Corazon said:

:wilson_cry: My wait was not worth it.

You mean that the creepy cauldron is still not weavable? In that case, I believe that trade- and marketable skins will never (or as Klei might would say: there are no plans for it) be weavable, to avoid conflict. 

Edit: damn, too many posts to react to and then forgot what I actually wanted to write. It's such a pity that we still didn't got new emotes. If the devs could have the time to make one or two next to item skins, it'd be really great!

Edit 1.2: Oh, and the portrait frames look amazing. I really like them. I didn't really like portraits in the past (still using the flamed one from the Forge beta :p ), but these ones are very fitting.

8 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Quick question if you already set up a system, code, etc for skins wouldn't be easy to add more skins or are there more factors when it comes to adding more skins?

Archived