please bring back the flammable pig guards

12 hours ago, metallichydra said:

please, they are way too annoying to fight without fire.
they are partly fire-proof know, and its really annoying to fight them, as fire only works for a few seconds, and they even ignore it during the first second.

I don't think you understand how this game has been balanced since forever. You shouldn't be able to kill a hard enemy with the lowest grade weapon available without it taking a long time.

You have to realize that generally, you should only get good stuff by being well prepared for these encounters. Pig Guards drop free armor and a good weapon so of course fighting them isn't going to be easy, it's just not how this game works or have ever worked. Examples of hard to kill enemies giving good loot include Beefalo, Koalaphant, Krampus, all of the giants, the clockwork chess pieces, and hounds.

So I just don't understand why you think it's normal to kill an enemy with metal armor and a halberd with a burnt wooden stick.

Just now, GetNerfedOn said:

They should most probably apply this change to the Pugalisk as well. It surely is not a satisfying boss fight to just burn a patch of grass, lead it there and watch it roast.

Oi, does that happen? Haha oooh. Yeah, my beloved basilisk should be immune to fire.

I'm perfectly happy with the guards being buffed (although I haven't tested it myself yet, from the comments here I think I'll be pleased.)

20 minutes ago, Duxe said:

Oi, does that happen? Haha oooh. Yeah, my beloved basilisk should be immune to fire.

Yes, it does. Kills the beast in less than a minute. Willow players basically have a grand time with the snek doing this.

I really love Klei's first (so far) application of the "Attack his weak spot for damage" boss trope, and it surely needs to retain the amount of challenge it presents.

7 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Yes, it does. Kills the beast in less than a minute. Willow players basically have a grand time with the snek doing this.

I really love Klei's first (so far) application of the "Attack his weak spot for damage" boss trope, and it surely needs to retain the amount of challenge it presents.

I really like the pugalisk, completely new attacks, super cool death animation.
they should really consider nerfing wx78, or "nerf" thunderbird. wx78 can be overcharged forever once he finds an iron-biome

Archived