Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

kiwikenobi

Will Hamlet be on Nintendo Switch?

kiwikenobi    612

I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere already, but I wasn't able to find any information on it when I looked. Does anyone know if there are any plans for Hamlet to be added to Don't Starve on Nintendo Switch at any point in time? Not the beta, of course, but the finished DLC. And I don't mean as a free update, either. I'd gladly pay for Hamlet on my Switch.

Sinister_Fang    8,135

I couldn't find any concrete mentions of Hamlet for the Switch anywhere, but I don't see why it wouldn't. Consoles got the other DLCs didn't they? It might not come at the same time as the pc release, but I'm certain consoles will have it eventually.

kiwikenobi    612

Well, I'm just remembering how I bought Don't Starve on Wii U, and it never got Shipwrecked at all. So I was curious if there was any news if Nintendo would be getting DLC support this time. I guess since Shipwrecked is on Switch now, that's a good sign.

Dimsml    0

I think that the Switch will get a release eventually. It is a console that is currently supported, has a significant market share and is powerful enough.

If that does not sound convincing, then remember that SW even got an Android release, where software piracy is very easy.

Wii U is a very weird case - it was not as popular with both devs and consumers and both jumped ship when the Switch was eventually announced.

kiwikenobi    612

That's a good point. The Switch is very popular. The poor Wii U had a rather troubled life. But it was how I first played Don't Starve, and I put a couple hundred hours into the game just on the Wii U alone, so I still think of it fondly.

2 hours ago, kiwikenobi said:

That's a good point. The Switch is very popular. The poor Wii U had a rather troubled life. But it was how I first played Don't Starve, and I put a couple hundred hours into the game just on the Wii U alone, so I still think of it fondly.

wii u actually sounds like itd be one of the best console don't starves because of touch screen being able to make up for the no mouse

kiwikenobi    612

They didn't implement any touchscreen controls on the Wii U, though. Probably would have been too much work for them to add it.