Why take the beta away?

I am assuming that this beta version is an incomplete version of the final product. I feel like they deliberately took out at least a decent chunk of the content we are expected to see at the end result. There is no point in keeping these beta version worlds anyway if you are going to have to generate a new world anyway in order to have all the content and other biome specific things that were cut for this version.

The point of the beta is not to give fans an early taste of the game. The point is to mobilize a larger group of players to help Identify and work out some of the more stubborn bugs with new elements like rooms. Sometimes devs just need a bigger pool of data to evaluate that stuff. It’s not a treat that’s going to be taken away from you. It is a broken game that they need help fixing.

8 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

The point of the beta is not to give fans an early taste of the game. The point is to mobilize a larger group of players to help Identify and work out some of the more stubborn bugs with new elements like rooms. Sometimes devs just need a bigger pool of data to evaluate that stuff. It’s not a treat that’s going to be taken away from you. It is a broken game that they need help fixing.

I wouldn't put it like that. I'd say it's like a house you bought to flip. You got it so you can break it over and over again, and then eventually you'll come out of it with a brand new house.

Archived