Fog problem

So I was playing Maxwell. The fog season started - and surprise - the fog shows up. Then I founded my pith hat and happily run to gather some grass. Then the laser-robot kill me off screen with one shot...

How to avoid this? Wear armor all the time the fog appears?

Listen. These robots make quite a noise when they move around.

And for them to be active you either mined them or they got hit with lighting.

Also they can't hit you if you keep moving (unless you're running at it of course) so it means thay you could only get hit while picking up grass.

Chances of that happening (robot being active in the right place at the right time and you not hearing the noise) are very low soo… it's kinda "your" fault for getting killed, so don't really blame it on fog

And I'm pretty sure that you can't get rid of fog. Maybe with fan but that item is impossible to get before early on.

11 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

it's kinda "your" fault for getting killed, so don't really blame it on fog

I didn't mine any robots (so lighting must activated him apparently).

And how it is my fault? I even didn't saw him before he killed me (he was hiding in the fog).

Just now, voyager156 said:

And how it is my fault? I even didn't saw him before he killed me (he was hiding in the fog).

I meant that you should've heard the sound but Zeklo corrected me. Yeah that wasn't your fault. Guess you're just unlucky 

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:03 AM, voyager156 said:

How to avoid this? Wear armor all the time the fog appears?

Personally, during the lush season, I tend to 'play-it-safe' and prefer to ascribe to a more passive survival strategy. I generally stay within the confines of the city limits. To productively pass the time, I work on further refining my homestead and I concentrate on generating a surplus of currency so that I can be better prepared for my expeditions later down the road. By choosing to spend the majority of the season indoors, shielded from the sporadic nature of the elements, I've found the fog to be quite manageable and much less debilitating over time. This may not be the most exciting approach, but it is consistent with my personal playstyle and it has recurrently helped me to successfully transition into the humid season.

On 2018. 10. 22. at 1:51 PM, voyager156 said:

Maxwell is not a good choice for this DLC I guess. That laser deals not only heavy dmg but also makes you burn, deals additional armour penetration dmg too...

Or just avoid those areas with iron hulks in raining+lightning season. They can rise up when struck by lightning, devastating nearby organism.

Archived