Hamlet is a prime example of good game design in a survival game

Finally, after all this time, Hamlet comes in and flips things around (aside from bad framerate, but we won't talk about bad framerate); balance is generally on-spot, the game is engaging and dangerous and playing as intended usually ends up being the most fun, risky, yet optimal way to progress and the theme is well adapted.

It would be great if Klei could take a look at vanilla, other DLCs and DST too to rebalance the game in such an elegant way that Hamlet has been done. DST has its funding through skins, but perhaps, in the long run, single player too could have that available? If you have a skin you would be able to use it for both games if it's applicable to an item/structure that is in both games, this way Klei could have some of the funding to take a look at rebalancing the content and finally fixing up SW.

I would say yes and no, I think I get where Jimmy is coming from. I think the ruins rush aspect is fine, however, I think that the pig guards need tweaking, they are too easy and they drop far too much for being so easy and for how common they are. They need some tweaking in my opinion.

Archived