Disaster --lost progress

ucw

Well, downloaded Hamlet.  Seems to have wiped all of my previous saved games and progress -- the only character I can play is Wilson, whether in RoG, SW, or Hamlet.  Games in progress gone.  Is there any hope, or do I have to repeat all my progress to get characters back?  

2 hours ago, ucw said:

Well, downloaded Hamlet.  Seems to have wiped all of my previous saved games and progress -- the only character I can play is Wilson, whether in RoG, SW, or Hamlet.  Games in progress gone.  Is there any hope, or do I have to repeat all my progress to get characters back?  

Hamlet acts as a "new game" of sorts. Everyone who played Hamlet lost their stuff, you're not the only one. Your stuff should be fine in the normal game.

Use commands or work normally if you want the characters back.

18 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Hamlet acts as a "new game" of sorts. Everyone who played Hamlet lost their stuff, you're not the only one. Your stuff should be fine in the normal game.

Use commands or work normally if you want the characters back.

Oh, man, that's a relief.  Thanks!  I'll do the uninstall later.  

41 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

Update:  uninstalled Hamlet.  closed and reopened Steam.  Characters still gone. :(

1 hour ago, ucw said:

Your data wasn't wiped. When you're playing on a beta branch, your data is stored separately. You can access it again by opting out of the hamlet beta from the BETAS tab and unchecking the "Hamlet" DLC box.

1 minute ago, Electroely said:

Your data wasn't wiped. When you're playing on a beta branch, your data is stored separately. You can access it again by opting out of the hamlet beta from the BETAS tab and unchecking the "Hamlet" DLC box.

I have unchecked Hamlet -- still my data is gone.  I'm really hoping you guys are right and it is out there somewhere, but so far I have done what people have suggested.  

1 minute ago, ucw said:

I have unchecked Hamlet -- still my data is gone.  I'm really hoping you guys are right and it is out there somewhere, but so far I have done what people have suggested.  

image.png.20343944c3c0b45178004165930be05e.png

Select this option after right-clicking Don't Starve in your library and clicking "Properties". 

2 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Select this option after right-clicking Don't Starve in your library and clicking "Properties". 

Yes!!! What a relief!  Thank you so much -- thanks to all who replied.  

Go back into the Beta screen, and uncheck Hamlet.  Restart Steam  and you should be fine.  It worked for me.  

17 minutes ago, HaloFTheSun1 said:

It wiped my data, I accidentally uninstalled hamlet and my data was still gone. Need to unlock the last two shipreck characters. (Console commands don't work for me, so had to get every one manually).

Archived