[Game Update] - 290499

Jason

• Developer

EDIT: Unfortunately, I made a mistake. I did the stupid thing of putting an update out late Friday and I didn't grab a set of changes from the team before putting the build up on Steam. My apologies. The changes will go up in the next update. I struck the items missed.

We are still trying to figure out the "black room" bug. We have some debug support in the code to help us track it down. 

Balance Changes

• Vampire Bat wave numbers reduced
  • Asparagus, Aloe and Radish spoilage time reduced.
  • Deli prices and Hoofspa prices changed a little
  • Pig and ant statues will drop 2 nuggets when chiseled. 
  • Pig poop frequency reduced
  • Flower Pig no longer trades for poop
  • Warbucks Sanity reduce, higher penalty for eating unprepared foods and lower sanity gain from holding gold
  • Warbucks starts with ball pein hammer and halves durability usage of Treasure Hunting items.
  • Rabid Beetle spawning patches reduced a little
  • Vines no longer regrow in the ruins until player exits the ruins
  • Mant Queen buffed

Bugs

• Pig relic rocks remain used when the game is reloaded
  • Fixed a bug with guard towers and pathfinding
  • Fixed a crash when a city pig is killed after a save
  • Fixed a crash when hammering sometimes
  • Burnt Tubers can be chopped for charcoal.
  • Fixed a crash when Hippos and Hulks lose a target
  • Pig Ruins doors should not close now, after a player has used the door.
  • Fixed some interior props that gets flipped during a reload
  • Fixed the bug with the Gallery Exhibit lock and key after a save
  • Fixed the rain every time you leave a building

Updates

• Warbucks sounds hooked up
  • Added a Bug Report function to the options menu on the title screen.
  • Added profiler support to analyze performance issues

Debugging

• Code support to help to fix the “black room” bug
  • Add consolecommand c_tryexitblackroom() which tries to spawn you outside the room in case you're stuck in the "black room bug"

View full update

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Warbucks starts with ball pein hammer and halves durability usage of Treasure Hunting items.

What does "Treasure Hunting items" include exactly? Magnifying glass, ball pien hammer and gold pan? Also glad to see you guys are making changes to Warbucks!

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Balance Changes

• Vampire Bat wave numbers reduced (Thank you Buddha)
  • Asparagus, Aloe and Radish spoilage time reduced.
  • Deli prices and Hoofspa prices changed a little
  • Pig and ant statues will drop 2 nuggets when chiseled. (hmm, didn't really mind the one nugget/relic item drop)
  • Pig poop frequency reduced (Thank you Buddha)
  • Flower Pig no longer trades for poop (Aww man)
  • Warbucks Sanity reduce, higher penalty for eating unprepared foods and lower sanity gain from holding gold
  • Warbucks starts with ball pein hammer and halves durability usage of Treasure Hunting items.
  • Rabid Beetle spawning patches reduced a little (Thank you Buddha)
  • Vines no longer regrow in the ruins until player exits the ruins
  • Mant Queen buffed

View full update

basically, anything that's excessive reduced is nice

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Debugging

• Code support to help to fix the “black room” bug
  • Add consolecommand c_tryexitblackroom() which tries to spawn you outside the room in case you're stuck in the "black room bug"

View full update

i don't know if saves from previous game version with blackrooms should be fixed or only the ones on actual one, but on the old save command for leaving them doesn't work(maybe cuz exit didn't spawned), if u tell me where save is supposed to be(cuz documents folder is empty) i can send it for devs investigation 

20181018133601_1.jpg

• Developer

Hey everyone, I updated the original update post. I made a mistake and forgot to grab some of the changes we made for the update. They will go in the next update. Possibly this weekend, Monday at the latest. Sorry bout that. That was totally me doing a classic late Friday push. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have a question about the flower lady not accepting poop anymore in the future update : it was of a big help in early game to obtain the first gold nugget needed for the science machine. Will they accept something else as a trade when the change will be made ? I understand that the combo "cleaning poop" + "giving poop" was probably a little too much, but something else to replace the poop trade would be welcome.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Hey everyone, I updated the original update post. I made a mistake and forgot to grab some of the changes we made for the update. They will go in the next update. Possibly this weekend, Monday at the latest. Sorry bout that. That was totally me doing a classic late Friday push. 

Classic.

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2018 at 10:56 AM, Jason said:

Looks like somebody's not getting their daily rations from the almighty Potato Cup Lords. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chiseledquartz27 said:

I feel like this feature should be exclusive to Warbucks, seeing as gold isn't that hard to get early game anyways. It would just fit his character style more

That and make the *peculiar status* more visible, making the tree glimmer or have the *peculiar* written in green or yellow for Warbucks.