[TOOL] Tools Not Included (aka the Seed Browser)

13 hours ago, Cairath said:

@Ksajural I'll have the main functionality working, some bonus new things will have to wait a bit, but I'll make sure that at least what we've had so far works fine on release :)

thanks for your effort man, the main functionality is all i need!

1 minute ago, isendel11 said:

@Cairath Since the tool is online, how do we start contributing to mining seeds? I checked the mod page but it doesn't seem to be working (https://toolsnotincluded.net/seeds/modinfo

I'm fixing a bug that I found before I push out the mod to the public :p A little bit more patience please, it's almost ready :) 

Btw: please give the website a good cache clear (ctrl+f5 or whatever your browser is using, especially chrome is very cache...y) Urls have changed and old paths are fully invalid

Just now, Cairath said:

I'm fixing a bug that I found before I push out the mod to the public :p A little bit more patience please, it's almost ready :) 

Take all the time that you need and thanks for the great work!

So this is where I'd usually write a lengthy post but I'm absolutely tired since I've barely slept updating everything for the past week and a half:

the tool has been updated for the Launch Upgrade an is now live (yay) Since "seeds" are now shared between asteroids it's also been renamed from 'seed browser' to 'map browser'. 

Map browser: https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/map-browser

Mod (please please please read this before downloading and using): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1820115986

Trait finder: https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/world-trait-finder

Long story short, initially I never planned for multiple asteroids so that was a surprise :D After the initial few months I found some choking points and rewrote a bunch of backend to help with optimizations and some crashes. I've spent insane amount of time trying to get everything updated in time for today and haven't managed to do everything I wanted to do - the next thing thing will be adding traits to the filtering options, but I gotta catch up on some zzz's first.

All maps show their traits, and by popular request I've added the exact locations of the printing pod, AETNs and vacillators (the creepy brain chairs)

If something comes crashing down please let me know :)

Big thanks to all my patrons on Patreon for supporting my work and helping with the server costs! <3

And of course big shoutout to the folks who already are uploading maps! <3

1 minute ago, isendel11 said:

Thanks again!

Details for a given map do not seem to be working. For example, if I browse some seeds and then select one to see the individual geysers output I get the  "Crap nothing to see here" message, e.g. https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-browser/map/157

Please clean cache - I fixed the redirect issue ~15 min ago

5 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

Only ran for about 15 minutes for me before crashing.  I'm pretty certain it ran out of memory, as memory usage seems to climb quite quickly while it's running.

Yep -- still the infamous +500mb per world generation leak... I just reported it again on the bug tracker, one day maybe it'll get fixed :( It's happening in vanilla as well, tis not the mod

I was going to make it completely automatic with restarts every 10 maps, but the in-game mod loader didn't agree with it too well :|

Great mod, will contribute with the DB tomorrow.

One question (take your time to answer, go to sleep =D ), is there any way to filter by trait? I see two separate tools for traces and maps.

Let's say I want a geoactive and metal rich world, with at least one iron volcano, how could i do? Right now, in this case, I am search manually for this two traits, after search for a world with iron volcano.

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Kenchikuka said:

Great mod, will contribute with the DB tomorrow.

One question (take your time to answer, go to sleep =D ), is there any way to filter by trait? I see two separate tools for traces and maps.

Let's say I want a geoactive and metal rich world, with at least one iron volcano, how could i do? Right now, in this case, I am search manually for this two traits, after search for a world with iron volcano.

Thanks!

I will be adding filtering by trait this weekend!

18 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

theres an error, "nothing to see here", are you still updating or is it just me

I haven't touched it for a over 2 hours now  - have you tried clearing cache? (ctrl+f5) if it didn't work, could you try in incognito mode  or in another browser? I think your browser is trolling you with cached data

Hmmm, can you recommend a simple way to automate restarts from my end?  I'm thinking of autohotkey and other scripting methods, but not really sure how to cleanly interrupt the process and restart the game.  

I'd love to leave this running 24/7.

Edit: Also, could you include a legend in the World Map screen?  It was pretty self explanatory Back In The Day, but it's a lot harder to parse the biome colors now; particularly with the overlapping stuff.

It would be nice if we could do a more focused upload. Like the ability to input a seed number and it uploads all versions of that seed. I suspect there are a lot of folks interested in getting the data on all the Geoactive + Rich Metals maps. 

8 hours ago, Cairath said:

I haven't touched it for a over 2 hours now  - have you tried clearing cache? (ctrl+f5) if it didn't work, could you try in incognito mode  or in another browser? I think your browser is trolling you with cached data

happened to me too, after some reload it worked, i think cache can be the problem

anyway thanks for your work Cairath, the new version is fantastic.

22 minutes ago, Ksajural said:

happened to me too, after some reload it worked, i think cache can be the problem

anyway thanks for your work Cairath, the new version is fantastic.

It's happening to me on the mobile version of chrome, definitely the cache

I see that Klei marked conflicting trait generation as fixed in the bug tracker so we'll have to start over :( hold on with uploads until then please. Although you rock - over 5k over night... amazing! hopefully after this change world gen won't change anymore

Your work on this is amazing! Thank you very much for what you've done. As a relative newb, I want to play my first game on the new release in no sweat mode. I apologize if this has been covered before, (I tried to do a search first) but apparently the maps generate differently depending on the difficulty level. Is there any way to see what the no-sweat map looks like?

Archived