[TOOL] Tools Not Included (aka the Seed Browser)

6 minutes ago, Duplo52 said:

I was on the tools not included page looking up a seed I was going to use until release and happened across this seed 262757292 that showed 3 extra biome colors on the map display. Is this an error or could this seed have given the tools not included extra data from a game version after QoL3? Only way I can see that is someone internal/close to Klei is using the collection tool in tandem with an unreleased branch. Just an FYI in case this needs addressed somehow. I suppose it could be modded biomes in which case it could throw off people like me looking for seeds.

image.png.5ecb1a016e5604c2f258025c754b8feb.png

This looks like a glitch in the image processing for the map -- the 'odd colors' are two colors on top of each other, as long as the geysers are fine. There's a 'report as invalid' button, but please keep in mind that there is no way in the world I can personally check over 50 thousand of seeds. 

The tool has some restrictions to prevent non-realistic uploads, but if there's a will, there's a way. It's for players by players - the only way of running it on such a scale :p 

I've noticed maps biome being a little off sometimes when generated on specific systems (possibly macs - and not all versions...) but geysers staying the same. So while there isn't a 100% certainty that the seed will be 100% the same or correct, I've tested numerous seeds with success.

@Cairath do your have a plan for when the official release comes, with the 2 additional biomes?  The changes to the map generation required to facilitate that will, based on historical data, invalidate all existing map seeds.  This will require the seed library to start from scratch.

Would it be a nice addition to the seed browser to have an option like to hide which geysers are on the map? Let me give an example.

Let's say I don't want to know which geysers or volcanos are on the map but I want to make sure there is at least 1 cool slush geyser. Like the setting to hide/show non present geysers on the map to also be able to hide all geysers except the cool slush geyser in this case.

Just for the people who maybe want the surprise of not knowing what is available but want to have the certainty of having at least a specific geyser.

What are your thoughts?

First of all, thanks for the site.  I'll be contributing lots of seeds once the game is finally released.

There's still one thing I'd like changed, however.  Can we get a way to filter based on how many AETNs are on the map?  It's quite annoying when you load a seed only to find out hundreds of cycles later that you only got 2 AETNs.

On 5/23/2019 at 5:07 PM, Cairath said:

@PhailRaptor yes, the plan was announced - the database will be wiped and the upload mods will be available on steam

@jSomko you don't need to find QOL3 seeds only. the world gen hasn't changed since Cosmic, so all uploads on the site are viable for current play

What is the plan now?  It appears each seed also requires a bunch of world settings so too many combinations and permutations? 

2 hours ago, Cairath said:

The world tags are per seed so it's not a problem :) I've started the development. Didn't expect to have to support different maps, so it's going to take a while, but doable!

Cool.  I wont play the preview but I will run seed gen 24/7 once you confirm the mod is working

PSA: Remove mods if you're  using the preview version. It isnt compatible with the preview, and it crashes on startup. I know for many people it's obvious but I've been getting "complaints" so just a reminder :p

I have a minor feature request if it wouldn't be too much trouble. Would it be possible to have the seed gen output a local text file with a list of the seeds it generated? It doesn't have to list any of the features of the seed, just the seed numbers would be great. :)

2 hours ago, Cairath said:

PSA: Remove mods if you're  using the preview version. It isnt compatible with the preview, and it crashes on startup. I know for many people it's obvious but I've been getting "complaints" so just a reminder :p

Is this on steam workshop or is that the plan for release?

On 6/28/2019 at 6:13 PM, Cairath said:

Mods will be in the workshop when the release versions are ready.

Won't the world traits make it near impossible number of combinations and different to harvest the seeds across all these infinite combinations?

1 minute ago, chemie said:

Won't the world traits make it near impossible number of combinations and different to harvest the seeds across all these infinite combinations?

World traits are bound to the seed number :) so I will be adding additional filter to the browser

1 minute ago, Cairath said:

World traits are bound to the seed number :)

sure...but that becomes hard to search for.  Right now you can choose which geysers you want but going forward, you would have no idea what sort of world they are in?

28 minutes ago, chemie said:

sure...but that becomes hard to search for.  Right now you can choose which geysers you want but going forward, you would have no idea what sort of world they are in?

Why no idea? You'll see the traits, you'll also be able to filter by the traits. And at the very start you choose a map type (one of the asteroids)

7 minutes ago, Cairath said:

Why no idea? You'll see the traits, you'll also be able to filter by the traits. And at the very start you choose a map type (one of the asteroids)

I am just concerned there are so many things to filter by that it will take a massive number of seeds to populate all the filterable settings.

Will the seed harvester need to be told which worlds to gen?

I'm expecting larger number of uploads once the mod is on steam. There's also a bunch of us who're going to commit our bitcoin miners computers to get stuff uploaded. As it is the mod generates random asteroid with a random seed, the chances of duplication are insanely small. If a need for something specific occurs as in that the mod should be biased towards something I can push out an upload thru steam so I don't have to chase people down to upload. For the end user not much will change. At the very start before actual filter they'll select asteroid they're interested in, then the browser will show the world traits and allow filtering by them in addition to geysers. 

I'm not concerned about upload numbers, if we've gotten so far in early access I bet we'll get insane amounts of data during release with a more accessible mod.

I'm looking forward to any seed which has: 

• Large Glaciers
  • Frozen Core
  • Geodes
  • Metal Rich

That's so going to be my Rime map~

Though I might also like to have a large number of destinations, just about any will do but they have to be many. It'd be really neat if you could add that as filter and perhaps even calculate maximal and minimum possible. For EA Versions it would have been between 16 and 24 based on my extensive research (so it should have been no more than 15-25 I'd say) but with the Release version pending, that sure is gonna be overthrown.

Other statistics you might attempt to extract automatically are "Chance of having at least one of X" 

i.e 30164/53339= 56.6% Chance for at least 1 Gas Giant, 

11323/53339=21.2% Chance for at least 2, 

2357/53339=4.4% chance for at least 3, 

2187/53339=0.4% chance for at least 4,

9/53339=theoretically possible are 5,

6 N/A.

Also "Each of every Planet" might not be that bad of an option as filter. ~10% EA Seeds have all indeed.

On a side note, it is a shame that currently there are "only" over 50k seeds. In the first days after release, I'll make sure to use auto-mod(e) instead of playing... even if it is also for my own benefit. It'd be really appreciated if by then you could also extract-automate Geode contents. Dips on Rime by the by (just kidding, I will endeavor to choose the asteroids with the least amount of seeds)

Oh, and is it just me or did world generation vastly speed up? That might be a very neat boon for this indeed if true.

23 minutes ago, Cairath said:

@Ksajural I'll have the main functionality working, some bonus new things will have to wait a bit, but I'll make sure that at least what we've had so far works fine on release :)

But - we -want- MOOAAAARRRR ^^

Features, features! Features everywhere...

(i think its too hot today)

4 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

But - we -want- MOOAAAARRRR ^^

Features, features! Features everywhere...

(i think its too hot today)

Then you have to tell me where I can buy more hours in a day :p

Archived