[TOOL] Tools Not Included (aka the Seed Browser)

26 minutes ago, Fallonius said:

Found the issue,  there is a memory leak with the mod. It hits a certain point then crashes the app.

The memory leak isn't with the mod, it's with actual world generation, nothing I can do about it. We used an auto clicker script before and had to restart the game every X worlds

Anyone else have game crashing when you enable automatic seed upload?

I can't even load the game. :(

I'm letting automated generator run on my 9900K so we'll have funton new seeds! YAY!

If you want to see memory leaks in action:

5 hours ago, cpy said:

Anyone else have game crashing when you enable automatic seed upload?

I can't even load the game. :(

I'm letting automated generator run on my 9900K so we'll have funton new seeds! YAY!

If you want to see memory leaks in action:

Ha, said the same thing a few posts up. Seems to be a problem with the world generation as cairath pointed out.

LETS TRY AND HIT 30k CPY!!

A seed was created that has 6 natural gas geysers. What would you do with that?!?!

I'd presume you're probably aware already, but... "Something went wrong on the server.

Duct tape is being used to patch the holes - sorry for the inconvenience!
If the error keeps occuring, please contact the developer."

Guessing a QoL2 Beta issue or similar. :)

16 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

If the seed browser could include the number of  Brain Chairs - that would be really useful.

Useless, you can get more brain charges from space anyway. All you really need is one.

1 hour ago, cpy said:

Useless, you can get more brain charges from space anyway. All you really need is one.

sure but   having them on ur starting out map  helps with pre-space  - especially -20% stress.    getting to rockets stage and beyond  it wont matter too much at that point.  its a nice bonus I suppose when u get charges.

but I usually rush for all the chairs early on get -20% stress and that gives me a lot of advantages.  

no point in browsing seeds for a map  if the argument is  everything can be gained from space missions.
you can get all u need right?

4 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

sure but   having them on ur starting out map  helps with pre-space  - especially -20% stress.    getting to rockets stage and beyond  it wont matter too much at that point.  its a nice bonus I suppose when u get charges.

but I usually rush for all the chairs early on get -20% stress and that gives me a lot of advantages.  

no point in browsing seeds for a map  if the argument is  everything can be gained from space missions.
you can get all u need right?

I am surprised you need this.  Stress is really a non issue by managing job promotion.  3 or 4 chairs would not swing a colony, especially since you get random benefits

21 hours ago, chemie said:

I am surprised you need this.  Stress is really a non issue by managing job promotion.  3 or 4 chairs would not swing a colony, especially since you get random benefits

The point I'm making here is not about stress or "need".     It's about "useful" ness.   The point of a tool in providing "useful" data.  

If you can scan for geysers - you can scan for POI/Ruins.   Knowing how many ATEN and Neural Vas on the map helps you make some decision choices in the filter.  

Leaving something out is your personal preference.   Like people searching specifically for one geyser and leaving out another.  BUT the data is still there for somebody to 'wants' to include say CO2 geysers even though its useless and you don't need it.

One thing I know for sure -- no new stuff will be added until world gen changes :p There are already many versions of what info uploaded seeds currently have, partitioning that even further is painful to maintain... but I will be working on backend improvements and stability (and some new tools:))

Problem with adding more and more stuff is the space it takes. Though it is mostly maps that are problem size-wise, I'm going to work on optimizing the db size altogether -- I never expected the site to become so active and this level of activity calls for stricter optimizations.

Stuff like vasc chairs (brains) and AETNs I always considered kinda redundant to store - there are almost always 3 AETNs and chairs are rechargable, though I can understand that someone might want that info (and their location, which I initially actually never meant to store -- the tool was supposed to store just geysers and we've already come much further than originally planned ;) ) I'll leave it as an open suggestion

Archived