[TOOL] Tools Not Included (aka the Seed Browser)

@thejams MacOS has different compilers and .NET framework (under which mods and the windows game are compiled) is not cross platform. I can look into it during the weekend but in the meantime you could try any other mod to see if it causes no issues - cause I honestly have no idea, never owned a mac in my life

While it's still far from optimal, I've just completed a migration of data to another database engine and on a private paid server, which reduced loading times by a lot. Now that the tedious migration is done I can finally move on to cooler stuff like features and more optimization.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:09 AM, crypticorb said:

Can you find a way to enter a mass amount of seeds at once? I have access to a spreadsheet of hundreds of seeds from the cosmic upgrade, which are still valid.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ENlReWSzamoUgpUhEqUuIhfEpEjtk1tliKzdN0Cher0/edit?usp=sharing

I generated those and I don't guarantee them anymore.

Something change before and the biome became different which affected the geysers in some way.

Someone should probably reverify them.

comment with original sheet:

Spoiler

8 hours ago, SlowMaybe said:

I generated those and I don't guarantee them anymore.

Something change before and the biome became different which affected the geysers in some way.

Someone should probably reverify them.

comment with original sheet:

Reveal hidden contents

Checked a bunch of them and everything seems in order. If anyone finds problems with any seeds please let me know and I'll refresh them. I'll add the option to report seed invalid directly from the tool someone this week.

Tech wise I'm in the process of moving the backend project to the paid server to which I moved the database and optimizing the loading speeds. Once my jobs stop bombarding me with stuff I'll move into the front-end stuff

Hi,

I've written a rudimentary script in AutoHotKey that automagically and endlessly uploads seeds to the ONI Seeds Browser. I've dubbed it; ONISeedsLooper. 

It's been running overnight and has uploaded 600 (and counting) seeds to the ONI Seeds Browser. My computer takes approximately 45-50 seconds to run through one iteration of the loop, equaling out to approximately 1728 seeds added per day.

I've attached OniSeedsLooper 1.0 to this post for anyone interested in helping populate the ONI Seeds Browser using ONISeedsLooper. The source of ONISeedsLooper is available in the attachment. ONISeedsLooper should - in theory - work on any Windows computer; Just run ONISeedsLooper.exe to get started.

@Cairath,
Thank you for creating the ONI Seeds Browser!
If you have any objections to ONISeedsLooper, please let me know!

ONISeedsLooper 1.0.zip

@Rawberry_ Hey, I've been hoping you'd contact me, I want to say THANKS! I've been tracking the progress :) No objections at all. I'm working on an update (well, have been for the past few days) and that'll change the mod version, I'll be sure to let you know to update :) (probably sometime this week)

It'll be gathering the same data (possibly more -- geyser locations) and the traffic will be sent to another server since right now the site uses a different application from the mod.

You've uploaded over 1800 seeds already over the course of 30 hours -- da MVP :D

Rawberry's script works, however I've had to redo the images for all the buttons. (Different resolutions is likely the issue, but I didn't do much digging beyond that.)

Edit: K, typical me I think it's working when it isn't. Trying to debug it now.  Figured it all out. I'll leave it running tonight. Not something I would expect someone with zero knowledge of coding to tweak, but it should be easy-peasy for anyone who knows the absolute basics.

One feature which you must-should add in the next upgrade:

• Number of Gas Giants (the best of the best)
  • Number of Terrestrial Planets (similarly to Organic Masses, rare material "drops" are often doubled if not tripled, also eggs)
  • Number of Volcanic Planets (pipe-able magma, increased rare material gain)
  • Number of Satellites (mucho Steel, not ensured)
  • Number of Organic Masses (there is always at least one)
  • Number of Destinations (atm I see them range between 17 and 24)

The reason is obvious and quite simple: Those destinations are pretty much more valuable than any geyser. I already know that those are seeded but their composition ain't so it is a matter of reading it (while debug+Ctrl+F4, not Alt. allow to instantly uncover and research planets, either this has to be automatized or...)

Additionally, a filter could also take into consideration sub-optimal output and optimal output for geysers which are rare but have a big effect (i.e nearly doubling or halving output). Excluding sub-optimal when searching for a number of geysers or only including those with N and an optimal geyser (or two).

By the by, there is also the matter of oil biome geysers not spawning in all seeds

In any event, might as well until then search for some seeds here with planets for the next upgrade, just to have the next upgrade shuffle everything~

2 hours ago, ZeroTonight said:

Love the site, having issues using it lately, posted in reddit, but figured this would be a better forum to post to.  When i go to it, i get a website cannot connect to the database, followed by constant refreshing over and over. 

image.thumb.png.655a4eb9ee6bc2337741e92b9d22985d.png

Turn off whatever forces https in your browser (for this site) and use http for now. I moved part of the application to another server and should have time to set up SSL this weekend

14 minutes ago, Cairath said:

Turn off whatever forces https in your browser (for this site) and use http for now. I moved part of the application to another server and should have time to set up SSL this weekend

i knew it must be something on my side, thanks, great site, so happy to see people using it.  i've only uploaded about 30 maps, hope to add more soon!

23 minutes ago, ZeroTonight said:

i knew it must be something on my side, thanks, great site, so happy to see people using it.  i've only uploaded about 30 maps, hope to add more soon!

Sorry for the inconvenience! It's my bad. The app got too hungry for the free server so it's got its own place now, I moved quicker than I thought to actually set up everything right :p

Edit: Switched to the old server until I can resolve this.  Worried there's too many people with this issue :(

Nope, it's got old version and I need to run to work. Ugh.

1 hour ago, SakuraKoi said:

One feature which you must-should add in the next upgrade:

• Number of Gas Giants (the best of the best)
  • Number of Terrestrial Planets (similarly to Organic Masses, rare material "drops" are often doubled if not tripled, also eggs)
  • Number of Volcanic Planets (pipe-able magma, increased rare material gain)
  • Number of Satellites (mucho Steel, not ensured)
  • Number of Organic Masses (there is always at least one)
  • Number of Destinations (atm I see them range between 17 and 24)

The reason is obvious and quite simple: Those destinations are pretty much more valuable than any geyser. I already know that those are seeded but their composition ain't so it is a matter of reading it (while debug+Ctrl+F4, not Alt. allow to instantly uncover and research planets, either this has to be automatized or...)

Additionally, a filter could also take into consideration sub-optimal output and optimal output for geysers which are rare but have a big effect (i.e nearly doubling or halving output). Excluding sub-optimal when searching for a number of geysers or only including those with N and an optimal geyser (or two).

By the by, there is also the matter of oil biome geysers not spawning in all seeds

In any event, might as well until then search for some seeds here with planets for the next upgrade, just to have the next upgrade shuffle everything~

I'm planning on gathering planet data (destination planet type and how far) in the next version of the mod, along with geyser locations. My priority is expanding the sloppy geyser search, so no meaningful search with be done with the other data other than display it.

Updating existing seeds with new data will be possible by simply uploading them again. Not too optimistic given the few thousand in the database already but we'll manage.

I was going to release an optimization update the past weekend, but I want to keep mod updates to the minimum so that it's not a pain for people to keep it up to date. The update should be coming later this week.

7 hours ago, cphoenix said:

Rawberry's script works, however I've had to redo the images for all the buttons. (Different resolutions is likely the issue, but I didn't do much digging beyond that.)

Edit: K, typical me I think it's working when it isn't. Trying to debug it now.  Figured it all out. I'll leave it running tonight. Not something I would expect someone with zero knowledge of coding to tweak, but it should be easy-peasy for anyone who knows the absolute basics.

Awesome job on finding the fix yourself! A different resolution (compared from my setup) would indeed break the script, I'll work on a solution for version 1.1!

@Rawberry_ I'm not familiar with ahk scripts (to be honest, the syntax makes me want to gouge-out my eyes so I've never bothered trying beyond swapping caps and esc so I can use nvim), but it looks like there are file objects and a ReadLine method for them built-in. We could maybe set-up a way to regenerate all the seeds already on the website after @Cairath finishes her update. She could send a file with seeds on each line, send half to you, half to me, and we can get it done in a few nights (as long as it could be stopped and started again; maybe write completed seeds to another file and some manual finagling, I'm not sure how nice ahk is about serialization).

Edit: Loop (Read File Contents) in the help files looks like it's fit-for-purpose:

Loop, Read, InputFile, [, OutputFile]

On another note: Dear god, the only syntax file for vim I can find to support ahk is a decade old.

I was already working on something that does exactly what you suggested! :D (Also working on running the script in VirtualBox so I could get a couple of VM's running). I would suggest waiting for the mod update @Cairath is about to push and the upcoming Upgrade-preview from Klei; It would be a shame to regenerate all the seeds only to find out Klei is adding another biome/geyser/something in the next upgrade.

Also;
<3 Vim

Thank you both! I'll let you know when the update is ready. Stuff's piling up and every time I'm close to releasing it there's something else that needs to be updated with it. Once updated I'll join you in the seed uploading and I'll have lists of stuff that have to be re-uploaded (incl. close to 570 from the CSV that were uploaded without geyser stats or some seeds without oil reservoir numbers)

Doesn't help that I'm completely crushed by work this month and I forgot what sleep is D:

After a few hours of maintenance mode (sorry folks!) the site is back up.

I finally made up my mind and bought a domain! Moving to https://ToolsNotIncluded.net 

Please use the new address :D All the previous links work for now, and will for some time, then there will be only redirect left at the old address.

What changed? Visually nothing yet, but there's been a lot of stuff done internally. The site is more optimal now will work way faster. Both mod and website connections are now finally handled by one server and the site doesn't request all the data at once anymore (I seriously did not expect such interest and so many seeds so it was sloppy in that area)

The mod now gathers geyser locations and planet types + distances. It is not shown yet, but since you guys are great with adding them (and mass adding) I wanted to get the data gathering live asap so we don't have to re-add everything later.

I'm glad to say that map gen hasnt changed between Space Industry and QoL1, what changed however is starmap generation (at least in the whooping 1 seed i checked) so  @Rawberry_ if you're planning on leaving a script overnight do it with QoL version :)

Mod v3.0 v4.0 here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f1bwvp8hp20n6g/ASeedSharingMod-v4.0.dll?dl=1  (instructions available on the site)

Now... hopefully nothing breaks while i take a nap :p

6 hours ago, Cairath said:

The site is more optimal now will work way faster.

It is indeed much, much faster (also doesn't destroy my phone's dataplan anymore), awesome job @Cairath

(I seriously did not expect such interest and so many seeds so it was sloppy in that area

#SorrynotSorry

@Rawberry_ if you're planning on leaving a script overnight do it with QoL version :)

Will do! I'll start up the seeding again later today.

Archived