Cairath

[TOOL] Tools Not Included (aka the Seed Browser)

Recommended Posts

guildcrest    0

@suxkar My guess is that since they reintroduced the conflicting traits "bug" your seed now shows as having geoactive and geodormant instead of the traits on TNI which can change generation completely.

@Cairath  Just before TNI went down for the move I was noticed that the maps I was generating from the auto-mod were not making it to the server and then when TNI went down I thought my problem was due to you prepping to move. However now that TNI is moved and the mod is working and isn't telling me the server is unavailable on start up, the maps I am generating still aren't getting to the server. In the output.txt file I am getting 400 bad request errors when the mod goes to load the map to the server. I re-downloaded the auto-gen mod right after TNI came back up in case there was an update but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything.

output_log.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    889

@guildcrest I'm aware of the issue, it's also traits related - I had no time during the week, but tonight/tomorrow I'll deploy a workaround until the next hotfix with the traits fix goes live. A tiny thing in the way traits are presented changed and the server rejects them due to failed validation.

 

@suxkar until a hotfix that fixes trait exclusivity  goes live, please check whether the map in game will generate the same traits. I am not removing maps from the server since the issue will be fixed in the game soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a bug.

Try searching by these rules: 

eyJydWxlcyI6W3sidmFsdWUiOjAuNiwiY29tcGFyYXRvciI6IkF0TGVhc3QiLCJvYmplY3QiOiJtZXRoYW5lIiwidHlwZSI6IlRvdGFsT3V0cHV0IiwiZ3JvdXBJZCI6MCwiaWQiOjB9XSwidHJhaXRzVG9FeGNsdWRlIjpbXSwidHJhaXRzVG9JbmNsdWRlIjpbXX0=

We get duplicate values.
For example, the code "SNDST-A-240584277-0" appears at least three times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    889

The server doesn't reject uploads of the same map. Duplicates are periodically removed and that is not a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n_t_p    0

These maps look modded, the given geyser output values are too high and have 100% up time:

eyJydWxlcyI6W3sidmFsdWUiOjEsImNvbXBhcmF0b3IiOiJBdExlYXN0Iiwib2JqZWN0IjoiaG90X2h5ZHJvZ2VuIiwidHlwZSI6IlRvdGFsT3V0cHV0IiwiZ3JvdXBJZCI6MCwiaWQiOjB9XSwidHJhaXRzVG9FeGNsdWRlIjpbXSwidHJhaXRzVG9JbmNsdWRlIjpbXX0=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n_t_p    0
On 12/29/2019 at 5:28 PM, Cairath said:

The server doesn't reject uploads of the same map. Duplicates are periodically removed and that is not a bug.

To save processing time and improve data collection clients could be sent a list of missing seeds to work on, with random generation as a fallback option.

 

This is a very clever and effective distributed computing scheme, thank you for making this. I've uploaded a few maps (I think) using the automatic mod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    889
6 hours ago, n_t_p said:

To save processing time and improve data collection clients could be sent a list of missing seeds to work on, with random generation as a fallback option.

 

This is a very clever and effective distributed computing scheme, thank you for making this. I've uploaded a few maps (I think) using the automatic mod

I agree and have thought of it, however so far all duplicate maps have been uploaded by the manual mod - people just upload the same map a few times for some reason, sometimes in a row =P The automatic mod has over 18 billion maps to roll from, the probability to upload one that's already there is rather small

6 hours ago, n_t_p said:

These maps look modded, the given geyser output values are too high and have 100% up time:

eyJydWxlcyI6W3sidmFsdWUiOjEsImNvbXBhcmF0b3IiOiJBdExlYXN0Iiwib2JqZWN0IjoiaG90X2h5ZHJvZ2VuIiwidHlwZSI6IlRvdGFsT3V0cHV0IiwiZ3JvdXBJZCI6MCwiaWQiOjB9XSwidHJhaXRzVG9FeGNsdWRlIjpbXSwidHJhaXRzVG9JbmNsdWRlIjpbXX0=

Yea, sadly some people upload with the 10x geyser output mod. Most of them are caught and rejected on upload, sometimes a few slip through. I'll wipe them later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    889
13 hours ago, Fallonius said:

Hey Cairath,

Any plan to add auto sharing using the world trait generator?

Thanks!

Hey, what do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fallonius    24

I would like to run the automated mod and input specific world traits, like you have on your website, and just run through all the seeds that are those specific world traits. Would that be a possibility in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fallonius    24
On 1/10/2020 at 4:34 AM, Cairath said:

Hey, what do you mean?

Or even better, just put a list of seeds in the config file, that can come with your mod, and it just run through the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    889

PSA: The trait fix (the yellow warning on the website) has been included in the testing branch. The testing branch also has changed world gen entirely, so the database will be wiped when the patch goes live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gavin786    10

Following seed is incorrect : SNDST-A-240584277-0, https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/map-browser/map/210604

I tried it and confirmed.  Look at numbers they are clearly wrong, for example :

Iron Volcano
Eruption rate: 8.79 kg/s at 2526.85°C

Erupts for 838s every 838s

Active for 109.1 cycles every 109.1 cycles

Calculated average output: 8.79 kg/s

There are also 3 copies of this map in the database.

It is confusing people and aught be removed, other ppl have posted about this map also I can see above.

Gavin786

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
guildcrest    0
On 1/24/2020 at 4:02 AM, Cairath said:

PSA: The trait fix (the yellow warning on the website) has been included in the testing branch. The testing branch also has changed world gen entirely, so the database will be wiped when the patch goes live.

Interesting what changed with world gen? I haven't seen any mention of it in the patch notes or in discussions

I will be ready to start churning out worlds again as soon as you say everything is good to go on your end with the whole .Net change and data wipe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    889
2 minutes ago, guildcrest said:

Interesting what changed with world gen? I haven't seen any mention of it in the patch notes or in discussions

I will be ready to start churning out worlds again as soon as you say everything is good to go on your end with the whole .Net change and data wipe!

Implementation of Random() changed between the .NET versions. I'll put the site in maintenance mode soon, it'll be ready either tomorrow or the day after

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    889

The site's up! Database completely wiped so uploads very needed.

You need to update mods.

 

World trait finder and starmap generator are currently available.

 

edit: trying to resolve a server hiccup.

Edited by Cairath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    889

Experiencing issues with database, might need to get it down for a while more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now