[TOOL] Tools Not Included (aka the Seed Browser)

9 hours ago, guildcrest said:

Secondly, and the most devastating efficiency loss is the game auto disabling the mod?!? Its really frustrating to set it up to run while I'm in bed just to wake up and find it sitting on the main menu with the mod turned off having lost 4 hours worth of map generation time. Any ideas on why this is?

No idea, I haven't had that happen. Possibly because I have mods in /dev folder and no type of crash disables them. Something to check when I'll be dealing with hard restarting and game error handling.

9 hours ago, guildcrest said:

I was thinking about how to improve my efficiency and wanted to see if I could do it in your auto-generator mod but when I landed on your github the public repositories for TNI don't seem to be updated. I would love to try and contribute a couple catches for these errors to restart the game so I can improve the map generation efficiency of the tool!

Backend and the mod were never public, they won't be, and due to people being really awful about some stuff, the frontend will not be updated in that repo either. Like I've mentioned a few times, this project is the only programming I have left outside of work and I am not ready to share it yet. I appreciate it that people want to help, I just really need something I can work on in a team of me, myself & i after coding in a really big team at work every day.

5 hours ago, Fallonius said:

Any update on when we'll be able to auto generate maps based on specific world traits?

I'm taking a break to actually have some life :p 

Mod roadmap for the closest future:

- better error handling and forced restarts

- shifting responsibility for map svg generation from the server to the client mods - will slow down uploads but its the #1 (of 1) reason of server crashes, with increased usage the server simply doesn't have resources to handle that anymore

- preferred asteroids/traits

+ new stuff on the website x)

9 hours ago, Cairath said:

Backend and the mod were never public, they won't be, and due to people being really awful about some stuff, the frontend will not be updated in that repo either. Like I've mentioned a few times, this project is the only programming I have left outside of work and I am not ready to share it yet. I appreciate it that people want to help, I just really need something I can work on in a team of me, myself & i after coding in a really big team at work every day.

Sorry I missed your comments about outside assistance. While I've read the general discussion for a while I hadn't stepped into the mods boards at all except after seeing the update to TNI post there a while back.

- shifting responsibility for map svg generation from the server to the client mods - will slow down uploads but its the #1 (of 1) reason of server crashes, with increased usage the server simply doesn't have resources to handle that anymore

If you could please ping when you get this update out I don't want to send you any maps missing the svgs when you move that bit.

Thank you for the great tool that is TNI and I will wait patiently (while generating more maps) for mod updates.

2 minutes ago, guildcrest said:

If you could please ping when you get this update out I don't want to send you any maps missing the svgs when you move that bit.

I will write a post here, but the mod has a built-in version checker and will notify when there's an update :)

Not sure how you have your automated miner coded, but being able to input a specific list of seeds might be something to add.  Combine that with a list of missing seeds on the webpage and people could work together to fill them all in.  

You probably already have this in your list of "things to get to at some point".

Yay, update!

• Graphical overhaul
  • Mod updates: both automatic and manual versions to v2
    • Moved generating visualization of the world map to the mod - upload per map might be a bit longer, but the server should be more stable now
    • Added error handling (automatic restart) in the automatic mod when map generation error occurs and the game gets stuck on 'Let's try that again'
    • Fixed a bug in the manual uploader that would generate incorrect map visualizations on consecutive uploads. Unfortunately some maps had to be removed (2%).
  • Moved World Trait generation tools to the client side (browser)
    • It's now quicker
    • It doesn't bother the server ;)
  • World traits are now colored! Yay for colors
  • World trait tools: added generating traits for a given seed number in addition to finding seed numbers

7 hours ago, Cairath said:

Yay, update!

• Graphical overhaul
  • Mod updates: both automatic and manual versions to v2
    • Moved generating visualization of the world map to the mod - upload per map might be a bit longer, but the server should be more stable now
    • Added error handling (automatic restart) in the automatic mod when map generation error occurs and the game gets stuck on 'Let's try that again'
    • Fixed a bug in the manual uploader that would generate incorrect map visualizations on consecutive uploads. Unfortunately some maps had to be removed (2%).
  • Moved World Trait generation tools to the client side (browser)
    • It's now quicker
    • It doesn't bother the server ;)
  • World traits are now colored! Yay for colors
  • World trait tools: added generating traits for a given seed number in addition to finding seed numbers

Awesome, now I can leave all night uploading them seeds :D

A new tool!

Starmap Generator: similarly to the World Trait Finder/Generator..whatever you call it, select the space destinations you want on your map and the tool will generate you a list of seeds which have at least one of the space destinations you specified. Also allows displaying visualization of a starmap for a chosen seed.

Note: due to some mathsy stuff that I currently have no time to fix, the max seed number is currently capped at 1.8bil.

I'm using auto uploader and game just stops relaunching from time to time or just ends up with disabled mod, any way to fix this?

Did my part again and uploaded bunch of seeds! Hmm i need more offline steam PCs to really spam maps for people to enjoy picking up.

Wishlist for totally unnecessary feature: make uploads named so people can see who uploaded it and button on site that you can click I will play that. So you can see who's PC is best provider of seeds. Maybe even some charts lol.

Please don't waste your time on that, i'm just rambling at this point.

Well i figured out some kind of workaround.

I set mods.json file toreadonly state. Game bitсh about that from time to time so I setup autoclicker to click ok on that + sometimes game launch twice and steam bitсh about it so i set autoclicker to click ok to that too.

So far no disabled mods and generation run for 4 hours and I stopped it moment ago. So I guess it can be bruteforced a bit.

I have run this generator for a few days lately. Generated about 2-3000 seeds. My pc does a map in 20 seconds, I do 20 maps beteween app restarts with 16g ram, it goes up to about 15.1gb used memory and only about 25% cpu load on i7 9700k. It only seems to be using a single core.

Sometimes it runs for about 3 hours ok, other times only a few minutes.

I get 3 different kinds of stoppages. 

1: sitting at title screen with all mods disabled. I retick the mod to restart this.

2: stuck on a map, with a white text message on the right hand edge of the window. I click the X in the window corner to fix this.

3: one or two "app is already running" windows on steam launcher. Simply closing those gets it going again. 

Hope this helps, once you get time to work on it, no rush.

Suggested feature for the generator: lock it to a user selected asteroid type, eg: only generate Rime seeds. 

Go to user settings and make mods.json read only and you will never get disabled mods ever again.

But as I said game will bitсh about it and you have to setup autoclicker to click ok and everything is fine!

Is there a key to website's world map? Which colors indicate which biomes? I mean green and blue are easy. But the various browns/tans are hard to tell which is which on an asteroid type I've never tried to play on.

Sorry if that's a faq. The key could just be some static text on the worldmap page.

Hi!  I have a question about the manual upload method.

I have a seed I like to play while I'm still learning (and failing, and learning from mistakes).  I have installed the Workshop mod, followed the insturctions, and by all appearances successfully uploaded Worldgen Seed data.

Is it possible to look up a map by specific worldgen seed on the website?

Archived