What we like in Hamlet

Since beta is ending next week or something like that and we're probably not getting any new content updates for beta I decided to create this thread.

I guess you can call it a big feedback. But say only positive things- things you like in Hamlet, if you ddin't guess that already from the title.

-New expressions. The last time our characters got a new face was probably back in "insanity" update for ds. In hamlet we have a lot of new facial expressions from our character which I find great. 

-Creatures idle aniamations. I've noticed that Hipopotamoose nose huffing and puffing can be viewed from all angles. Nice! We need more aniamtions like this. For example beefalo yawning or pigman dancing. Also I love that thunderbirds slowly turn their heads around when you approach them and then follow you around.

-Diseases. I like that. It's a new fresh mechanic,(well the 2nd season's migraine is basically a dst sandstorm rip-off buuuut it's something I guess). Something that doesn't affect our health but still is a big thing in the season. Plus I (for some reason) really like Wilson sneezing every 20 seconds. Yes it is annoying but that's becasue it's supposed to be annoying.

-Advanced combat. Now it's not really "advanced' since you still have to hold f and move from time to time but there's a bigger diversity in creatures now. Scorpions will switch between normal snap and poisoning you and they'll also back off an jump at you when you hit them. Masked pig can make you drop all you money and also backs off when you hit him. Flytraps get strong as they eat to finally become a stationary creature. This is the 2nd time we got a stationary creature. Those weird, screamig ladybugs will charge at you as a whole mass. Gnat will cover your face and cannot be killed. Thunderbirds shoot lightnings. Almost every creature's combat is different

-Background music. When you enter jungle or pig ruins background music will start to play. This is the 1st time we can lsiten to music without ahving to fight/work (not counting events). I hope that background music also makes an apperance in dst and other dlcs

-Indoors. It's p-good. It's definitelly something new. I find it interesting and that it has a lot of potential

That's all from me and Hamlet isn't even finished yet

8 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

-Diseases. I like that. It's a new fresh mechanic,(well the 2nd season's migraine is basically a dst sandstorm rip-off buuuut it's something I guess). 

That's very much fog and not a migraine, but yes the hay fever in the next season is neat.

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

That's very much fog and not a migraine, but yes the hay fever in the next season is neat.

Huh… is there a logical reason then why characters comment on backpacks or armor being too hot/heavy. I don't think real life fog causes that

Just now, Szczuku said:

Huh… is there a logical reason then why characters comment on backpacks or armor being to hot/heavy. I don't think real life fog causes that

Heavy is because it's very humid, but hot unsure? I guess fog in those kinds of tropical temperatures would be more hot than cold? Can't say.

For me, the Oinc/Money system was the cherry on top of the cake.

I was waiting for that for a looooooong time.

Did you guys ever played on those Minecraft servers, where you sell stuffs, and buy your house? I suggested that for DST a long long long time ago (2 years I think). I really like this system 'cause it open to a whole new meaning in exploration. I really hope this expand, increasing the rarity of items

I love many of the little details. 
Like the cute animations of distressed dung beetles knocked off their dungball, the very prominent claw on the vampire bats, the truffle on the 10 oinc coins, the way pogs beg for food and rifle like a realistic semi-urban wild scavenger, the glorious music of the ruins, the studious mants going about the jungle, the implementation of room systems, and the vibrant variety of colors. 

Even more, I love the snippets of what is yet to come. 

I really like the added sense of interactivity that has been incorporated alongside the addition of each new biome. The presence of interactive structures that serve an actual purpose, other than merely being presented as cosmetic set pieces, are a nice touch that make the overall experience feel more immersive as a whole.

Anything that increases the story line for me is awesome.  So, getting to know characters in pig villages and interacting is something I like!  

Love this colorful game.  The graphics are beautiful, best so far.  I really like the rainforest biome with the blue leaves framing the screen that move as you move.  Nice surprise.  

And the oversized Venus fly traps that are reminiscent of Little Shop of Horrors.  Nice job.  

Archived