If you have the "completely black room" bug we could really use your help

Here's mine, So, Here's how i found this bug.

My save was actually corrupted before hand, because i was in offline mode on steam. launching steam in online mode and allowing dont starve to update fixed that, but didn't actually give me my save back. 

I did, however, have a backup. So i used that and it worked. I played, and saved the game and re backed it up. All was well.

I went in and tried to play the game again, and now i get this bug.

Id also like to note that i can't actually press okay and show you the log behind it, the game is frozen with this screen.

I believe i was back home when i saved and quit.

I still have the backup! 

Any way i can fix this?

Bizziboi! your a developer?!??? you were the one to help me with my corrupted save on Reddit! (the one mentioned above) 

Thank you for helping people. Your such a good person :)

20181026195737_1.thumb.jpg.da609059f51d9d371761c3f23d201a25.jpg

Edited by Darkythekat15
Mentioned Bizziboi

• Developer
1 hour ago, Darkythekat15 said:

Here's mine, So, Here's how i found this bug.

My save was actually corrupted before hand, because i was in offline mode on steam. launching steam in online mode and allowing dont starve to update fixed that, but didn't actually give me my save back. 

I did, however, have a backup. So i used that and it worked. I played, and saved the game and re backed it up. All was well.

I went in and tried to play the game again, and now i get this bug.

Id also like to note that i can't actually press okay and show you the log behind it, the game is frozen with this screen.

I believe i was back home when i saved and quit.

I still have the backup! 

Any way i can fix this?

Hi,

So....after when I found the second black room bug I also found out that it affected every single world out there :( So, technically you could keep playing it but it's bound to at some point bite you in the.....ummm...bacon. So....technically, no, it can't be fixed.

Also, it seems the game is at the same time asserting at another bug, which may be fixed now (we fixed a bug that popped up for a few people at world start), but hard to tell as the black room warning overlaps it - could you go in the main menu to options and then "Report Bug"? It'll upload your savefile and log files and I can have a look - maybe mention in the comment box that it's related to this issue. 

And yep, that was me. Sorry to now be the bearer of bad news.

1 minute ago, bizziboi said:

Hi,

So....after when I found the second black room bug I also found out that it affected every single world out there :( So, technically you could keep playing it but it's bound to at some point bite you in the.....ummm...bacon. So....technically, no, it can't be fixed.

Also, it seems the game is at the same time asserting at another bug, which may be fixed now (we fixed a bug that popped up for a few people at world start), but hard to tell as the black room warning overlaps it - could you go in the main menu to options and then "Report Bug"? It'll upload your savefile and log files and I can have a look - maybe mention in the comment box that it's related to this issue. 

And yep, that was me. Sorry to now be the bearer of bad news.

No its okay, This game is in beta and you developers are working so hard to make this all work for us, and you guys were even nice enough to let us have a go at it even before it was released. 

Also, for some reason i am not seeing the report bug option. Here's my main menu:20181026212224_1.thumb.jpg.20d11df07759f01987e363554cda73d7.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Bizziboi and Jason :)

first of all great update and thx again for your help

i going start new world since your last update and if i have black room again i going share my save and log again

we love Klei :)

Edited by ToNiO55
  • Like 1

Had the same just today. I do hope I noticed the report option in time and the files are still useful. The world regenerated however after closing the game as far as I'm aware I haven't opened it since so the files should be okay according to my friend. Sending the backup log too, just in case it's got something useful.

log_and_bakcup_log.rar