If you have the "completely black room" bug we could really use your help

• Developer

Update: We found a cause for the "black room bug" and fixed it. It's possible it does not solve all the ways that can happen, we are still looking into it. We can't retroactively fix old save files that had the issue tho. We recommend starting new games if that was the case.

Hi,

If you've run into the "my whole house is black with no walls and just the HUD" or "this store is black", I could use your help. It's my top priority issue to fix but it's proving difficult to make happen, and once it's happened it's too late to see what caused it.

Now we are looking for info on when this happens without cheating. We know it happens if you spawn a house inside a house, but that is not something that could happen through regular gameplay. However, it can also happen during regular gameplay and so far I've been unable to put my finger on why.

We added more debug info to the log file, so if you run into the bug it would really help if you could reply to this post and attach your log file (log.txt from your game document directory, see below) and any information you think could be of help.

Also, if you do get stuck in a black room, and the space bar doesn't let you get out of it, you can try the console command c_tryexitblackroom() which will try to spawn you outside the building, although it most likely won't work in all situations.

For info on how to obtain your log file see the following link, specifically the part about log.txt:

Thanks!

• Like 2

Heyo!
I'll try to let you know of everything I remember:

(This save's already been deleted, as I encountered it yesterday and saw no need to continue on that file)

-I had recently (The night before, I think) stayed in another store for the whole night to see what happened

-I was playing as Warbucks

-I couldn't see in the Academy, I checked one other store and it, too, was black.

Hope this helps

BlackStoreGlitch.txt

I ran into the black house/store bug yesterday. Still have the save, so I went back to it and all but the Swinebury Fine Grocer's are black screen. c_tryexitblackroom() lets me exit all buildings.

However, I was playing Warbucks without having him unlocked, since you can play him by switching from RoG to HAM during character selection. Not sure if that falls under the "without cheating" clause. :?

log.txt

• Like 1

• Developer

Hi @snugglysnootertoot

Thanks for the log :)

I *think* the character wouldn't make a difference, but since I don't know what causes the bug...who knows!

I'm studying your log file and It seems your game was already affected. I try to track when an anomaly with regards to the bug starts showing - sadly it seems your world was already 'broken' when you got this patch, so it doesn't give me quite the full picture - I hope to catch one 'as it happens' so to speak, it's...puzzling.

If you happen to start a new world and it happens again, please make sure to send your log file, I really appreciate the help.

• Like 1

在房子內啟動遊戲,一進來背景就全是黑色,離開再進入房子就沒有辦法看到任何東西。
可是點SPACE仍然能夠撿起旁邊的工具。

一段時間後發現我的物品在別的豬的房子裡。
此時再次進如我的房子,會進入未知的地方,裡面有很多生物的聲音,會被攻擊致死

3KZ9fzJWhqQAGbRp5cHnHX.jpg

5qntBTYu1WTNzC86MRfKQS.jpg

5JrkZUs42aBY2AT9GtN1ff.jpg

DxDiag.txt

log.txt

219740.rar

• Thanks 1

I've had this bug in a previous save, but it's been i've died there so i don't have the file anymore. 

It started with one shop, and then my house, but some shops still worked. Then a third shop too.

When i went in my house, and exited with space bar, i appeared next to the flower shop. I could still pick up items from the shelf and ground, and had access to the alchemy machine inside my house, but obviously couldn't click on the crockpot.

If i went in the flower shop, i exited from the flower shop. 

Hope that helps a bit :)

• Thanks 1

So I'd saved in my home last night, and this morning when I started up the game the house was a black room, but I could still see the items and such I had in there.  When I walked outside and back in, that's when everything was black.  Here's my log, as per the prompt.  Hope it helps!

log.txt

• Thanks 1

I just started this playthrough this morning with Wickerbottom. It was a cave cleft that caused the issue. I could move around inside the room as normal... using the space bar, I was able to pick the ferns, mine the rock formations, and gather the drops. Couldn't seem to find the exit again, though. (I hadn't read the debug console command added added when I closed the game, though.)

I did look at the in-game log, but I'm not familiar with the coordinate offsets and such for entering a building or what scripts should load. A few things looked off, but nothing I could look at and say "this shouldn't be." I'll note that this is the first that it has happened with my installation with well over 20 hours in. If it's even remotely connected, and not sure it will be in the log, I had just "lost" a playthrough with another character (WX-78) where I was experiencing the rain issue that is getting reported before starting this playthrough. I didn't restart the game between. (Probably extraneous information, but I was taught a thorough report of everything is better than a terse one.)

Edit: added a screenshot of the mini-map. Yeah, the coordinates in the console log looked weird because they were. Also, it looks like this might be a world gen issue. I used the map to figure out where the door is and was able to exit. Re-entering put me in the exact same position. However, the console command did nothing for me.

log.txt

20181020121334_1.jpg

Edited by MagicManICT
Added screenshot
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Squats said:

Not true. I have Windows 10, and I got the bug in a Wolfgang save.

nevermind , then it's either odds or being in a discord group xd

Also a thing I noticed : Shadow creatures are weird , The Terrorbeak and crawling horror can go through walls while shadow hand can't 

Lightbugs are able to go through walls to