who do you think is the best character for hamlet?

who is the best character for hamlet?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. who do you think is the best character for hamlet?

• wilson
    • willow
    • wolfgang
    • wendy
    • wx78
    • wickerbottom
    • woodie
    • wes
    • maxwell
    • webber
    • wigfrid
    • walani
    • warly
    • wilbur
    • woodlegs
    • warbucks
    • no one is good
    • everyone

19 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Wx due to the free lightning.

There are no walking canes in Hamlet as far as I'm aware, so Wx gets a 'free' cane by it as well as a light source.  Also healing powers.

Gnats: allow us to introduce ourselves
But yeah I agree, you just have to avoid flies more/take a little more effort to get rid of them

18 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Only place I know is the antique shop can have it for 10 oincs.

Maybe in the future when the iron robots can be destroyed that they'll also drop gears, too.

I have never seen that shop actually and I only have one city and no fountain. Hmmmmm HMMM

Walani is more practical in Hamlet than in Shipwrecked, I'd say. Her retrievable board is just so practical for the small and disjointed bogs. No good for combat, of course. I just wish I could repair it...

Plus her sanity perks are well suited repeated bouts of darkness, the gas mask, etc.

And drying off from the fog and rain quickly in Humid Season is just a bonus.

You can go play with the hippos if you're really trying to get your sanity back in gear.

1 hour ago, saiavinn said:

Walani is more practical in Hamlet than in Shipwrecked, I'd say. Her retrievable board is just so practical for the small and disjointed bogs. No good for combat, of course. I just wish I could repair it...

Plus her sanity perks are well suited repeated bouts of darkness, the gas mask, etc.

And drying off from the fog and rain quickly in Humid Season is just a bonus.

You can go play with the hippos if you're really trying to get your sanity back in gear.

There is a retrievable boat made from cork in Hamlet. It has about 70(or90) durability.

3 minutes ago, Prakhar said:

There is a retrievable boat made from cork in Hamlet. It has about 70(or90) durability.

Oh, no yolk? Well, shoot. Had I know, I'd have voted differently. That puts her back at about her shipwrecked level to me. Alas.

It does explain the purpose of that thing beyond just using more convenient resources.

9 hours ago, schranzbuub said:

How can u guys play other chars? They're all black for me

There are console commands to unlock them. You can use a new RoG playthrough with the max amount of mandrakes--use them to burn as much time as possible. Grind them out.

(The Mandrake idea isn't mine, but was posted elsewhere here in the beta forums.)

I'll note that the lack of game xp is due to using a new profile on Steam (hamletbeta). Your old profiles should be available when you swap back.

21 minutes ago, BionicSandwich said:

wx-78 is actually the worst. sure, he gets the speed bonus from the thunder-birds, but in that, he becomes a light source.

gnats follow light sources. this means if you get electrified, the gnats will follow you around forever, unless you gas them off. its miserable.

Not true. Gnats can be distracted by other light sources, or in the worst case you can briefly enter poison jungle to kill them.

I most certainly prefer Wickerbottom. Aside from being my main in the original game and its' expansions (bar Wendy) she has a very solid start for a not-so-skilled player like me who dies to arrow traps all the time XD

She has average stats bar her slightly-larger sanity, can craft a lot of science machine items (which are now harder to get at), most notably the ball pein hammer. For the first three days of my latest playthrough I prioritized making that and a pickaxe, ate radishes, killed butterflies, and looked around the first jungle I saw, staying five meters away from all the dangers while looking for all the statues.

result:
20181021205923_1.thumb.jpg.91b6839e75d7527325d8f41bed4dc8bc.jpg20181021210837_1.thumb.jpg.be4385d6e5edb186b26712338812c07f.jpg 

That huge amount of relics is an equally huge bonus for my unsuccessfully-settling-into-the-village playstyle.

Good luck on the beta, you guys! :D I hope you have fun, whichever character you pick :) 

Archived