Hamlet beta starting issue

Hey there people, can't wait to join the Hamlet bunch. I've followed all the instructions and Hamlet shows up in Steam, I can select the beta, it dowloaded and now says Don't Starve [hamletbeta]. Started a game and it's save is called survival_1_dlc_porkland. But when I start the game, no hamlet. What could this be?

When you start DS, do you get The Hamlet menu screen, or the Shipwrecked (or RoG) one? If not, then the error is likely in the activation on Steam. Be sure you followed JoeW's steps exactly. If Steam lists your copy of Don't Starve as "Don't Starve [hamletbeta]," it should all be in there correctly. Is "The Hamlet" listed as a part of the DLC you have access to for "Don't Starve?" My only other guess at this point would be to follow the standard Steam diagnostics: verify game file cache integrity; next uninstall/reinstall the game. After that, if you still have issues, you may need to poke around some of the other potential solutions for fixing a Steam game in your operating system.

16 hours ago, MagicManICT said:

When you start DS, do you get The Hamlet menu screen, or the Shipwrecked (or RoG) one? If not, then the error is likely in the activation on Steam. Be sure you followed JoeW's steps exactly. If Steam lists your copy of Don't Starve as "Don't Starve [hamletbeta]," it should all be in there correctly. Is "The Hamlet" listed as a part of the DLC you have access to for "Don't Starve?" My only other guess at this point would be to follow the standard Steam diagnostics: verify game file cache integrity; next uninstall/reinstall the game. After that, if you still have issues, you may need to poke around some of the other potential solutions for fixing a Steam game in your operating system.

Thanks for the reply and tips. Nope I don't get the Hamlet menu screen. Get the SW one. Followed the steps exactly. It is not listed as an DLC however, but is says [hamletbeta]. I followed the link (https://accounts.klei.com/account/betas/list) in the new Kei post and it says I'm accepted to the beta. Also did the Verify game file to no success. I'm in the dark here. No torch in my inventory.

3 hours ago, Northgar said:

It is not listed as an DLC however, but is says [hamletbeta].

You should be flagged as having owning DLC (for now), otherwise the beta access code will be accepted, but isn't what gives you access to Hamlet. A few others have reported this, but I haven't seen where the problem lies--Steam, Klei, or user error.

Archived