Rocket Calculator

1 minute ago, AlphaPrime said:

use f12 to sceenshot what your seeing  like other posters here so we can figure out whats wrong and where its wrong

Gonna have to rebuild it first. I deconstructed it in favor of a research rocket that can go 30k.

41 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Yup, I had the aptly named "Spectre Ship" for a good 100 cycles. Astronaut slot was filled but my dupe ceased to exist. I could still launch it, but if I deconstructed the capsule I got a black hole crash. Never got my dupe back, eventually deleted it with debug :( 

If you assign another astronaut, the dupe inside is forced out. 

;) - i've reported this bug, and the workarounds.

1 minute ago, SkunkMaster said:

ive had that work just as effectively as deconstruct, not sure why they wont come out, even reloaded a few dozen times re-deconstructing the same command capsule, no dupe, tried swap, no dupe, /shrug

Just now, AlphaPrime said:

ive had that work just as effectively as deconstruct, not sure why they wont come out, even reloaded a few dozen times re-deconstructing the same command capsule, no dupe, tried swap, no dupe, /shrug

If you reload a game with a rocket on a mission this bug tends to happen. - Or if you have a dupe inside a rocket while reloading generally.

I've always been able to recover my dupe by assigning another dupe to the same rocket. - usually he would spring out for a second, then jump back in, but the capsule would turn bright and usually also know what dupe is inside.. sometimes the other dupe has to be assigned twice to get the dupe out.

12 minutes ago, SkunkMaster said:

Yeah, not for us - tried everything live with 100 people watching, nothing would work, so we renamed the rocket and put the ghostie to work :p 

6 hours ago, bleeter6 said:

Yes. It's says I'm 2tonnes too heavy. Has anyone managed to launch a cargo bay with steam?

I had no problems launching 1 cargo bay with steam engine + 1 booster. It reaches only the closest planets but it works. Make sure the engine didn`t drop the steam on the ground. It does that sometimes when you click it.

11 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I had no problems launching 1 cargo bay with steam engine + 1 booster. It reaches only the closest planets but it works. Make sure the engine didn`t drop the steam on the ground. It does that sometimes when you click it.

Turns out I needed more oxylite. Then it worked fine.

On 04/11/2018 at 3:41 AM, AlphaPrime said:

Weight of Hydrogen Engine is off by 100 kG throwing off some calcs. heres my screens the right hand rocket in the pic is the one linked but all with hydrogen engine are 100 kg light in ur calc

Hydrogen1Oxy2Fuel1Cargo6Research1Capsule.png

ingameHydrogen1Oxy2Fuel1Cargo6Research1Command.jpg

20181103224932_1.jpg

btw any1 else have the bug where u cant get the astronaut out of the capsule? usually I deconstruct it to get them out, but a few times when I deconstruct they just stop existing

Thanks mate I'll follow up this evening. 

4 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

You got too much oxylite. The calculator shows for 2400kg and you have 2700kg. It`s 300kg wasted mass.

Damn, thanks! It seems I noobishly misread the calculator. I now understand the fuel level slider is referring to the amount of each of petrol and oxidizer, not one or the other. I got confused by wording in the description on the meaning of "Slide Fuel Level" 

3 hours ago, bleeter6 said:

Anyone having oxylite completely drop out of the tank if they reduce the limit below 2700? When I changed my 1200kg tank to hold only 900kg all 1200kg came out and refused to stay if the dupes put it back in.

Yes.  Don't click on the tank although it will be filled fully so if you need it partially filled manually disable dupe access.

Any chance you can change this to work in reverse?  I.e. everything is the same as it is now, except instead of setting fuel quantity you set the distance you want the rocket to travel, and it spits out the smallest amount of fuel you need to go that distance.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, cblack said:

Any chance you can change this to work in reverse?  I.e. everything is the same as it is now, except instead of setting fuel quantity you set the distance you want the rocket to travel, and it spits out the smallest amount of fuel you need to go that distance.

That would be pretty schweet IMO.

So trying to reverse the distance equation so that fuel was on its own proved beyond my level of maths. If someone more talented here wants to try reverse the equation then please go for it.

For now the tool first calculates the graph at the bottom, looping through all fuel levels from 0 to max stepping by 1 litre. Then the output just selects the lowest fuel level required to hit your target distance.

It's pretty inelegant. I'd rather not step through so many fuel levels but it works. 

2 hours ago, TunderLock said:

So trying to reverse the distance equation so that fuel was on its own proved beyond my level of maths. If someone more talented here wants to try reverse the equation then please go for it.

For now the tool first calculates the graph at the bottom, looping through all fuel levels from 0 to max stepping by 1 litre. Then the output just selects the lowest fuel level required to hit your target distance.

It's pretty inelegant. I'd rather not step through so many fuel levels but it works. 

Looks good to me! 

On 18/10/2018 at 11:39 PM, TunderLock said:

On the back of some great discussion about the rocket mechanics, I threw together Oni Assistant, an ugly little calculator for building rockets in your browser:

https://oni-assistant.herokuapp.com/

There's no ads or anything and its output is matching that exactly in my game at the moment. If it's appreciated I'll take some time to make it less ugly but for now its pretty utilitarian.

Feel free to make suggestions.

Cheers,

Thanks for the last update, but personnaly I don't like the "desire option" system that's less intuitive than the old gauge. Espacially, we can't change the reservoirs that was not a problem with the gauge but with the new option, I feel it's more complicated to find our best rocket.

Archived