watermelen671

Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

Recommended Posts

minespatch    74188
12 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Hope this freaky thing is useful. :>

Thank you.:wilson_goodjob: It's not transparent but I can break frames for help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    5562
On 3/14/2019 at 7:17 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Aside from the stuff of nightmares, sure this isn't just the aporkalypse piko?

Nothing changes from normal and Aporkalypse Piko, just the eyes and it being hostile.
This also happens during the fullmoon.

It's using normal piko animations, I just rendered it with the red eyes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fjedjik    122
On 8.3.2019 at 10:07 PM, Angel_Octoling said:

 

Never trust the wiki. It's got so many things wrong, and it's missing way to much content. 
Simple things such as it having the wrong Spider Ape damage, not having the Ballphin palace, and not having anything from Hamlet in the unimplemented section. Ugh.


From all my test, no, Iron Hulk does not have any unique animations for fighting shadows. I will check one final time in case, however.

Out of curiosity, what do you think is the correct Spider Monkey damage?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    5562
2 hours ago, Fjedjik said:

Out of curiosity, what do you think is the correct Spider Monkey damage?

It's 60. I know this by checking the code for them.
I spoke with the nice Wiki dude and it's should be on the wiki now. 

Actually... 
image.png.3d5fa069923e9940ec328bb860b35263.png
Nevermind, I guess it's not changed. But the correct damage is 60.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fjedjik    122
2 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

It's 60. I know this by checking the code for them.
I spoke with the nice Wiki dude and it's should be on the wiki now. 

Actually... 
image.png.3d5fa069923e9940ec328bb860b35263.png
Nevermind, I guess it's not changed. But the correct damage is 60.

Thats interesring, considering Spider Monkeys only take 20 HP when I open  Hamlet and test it for myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    5562
1 hour ago, Fjedjik said:

Thats interesring, considering Spider Monkeys only take 20 HP when I open  Hamlet and test it for myself.

You know, knowing my luck, they probably changed it. 
I know for a fact at one point it was 60, as I even posted a picture of the code in this discussion. Which is now missing, seemingly.
I'll go in and check for myself again, but Hamlet is in beta, so it could change at literally any point in time.

 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cbad6b4d2e3546d7b51cea3e5c57b992.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    18232
13 minutes ago, Fjedjik said:

Thats interesring, considering Spider Monkeys only take 20 HP when I open  Hamlet and test it for myself.

1 minute ago, Angel_Octoling said:

You know, knowing my luck, they probably changed it. 
I know for a fact at one point it was 60, as I even posted a picture of the code in this discussion. Which is now missing, seemingly.
I'll go in and check for myself again, but Hamlet is in beta, so it could change at literally any point in time.

  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.cbad6b4d2e3546d7b51cea3e5c57b992.png

 

Just from having a quick look: 

- They do 20 damage in-game

- The tuning for spider monkey's suggest 60 damage, but this is likely not the case due to other variables

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    5562
1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Just from having a quick look: 

- They do 20 damage in-game

- The tuning for spider monkey's suggest 60 damage, but this is likely not the case due to other variables

>>>:::{{{

Why- that's interesting.
Why would they only do 20? I thought they said they buffed this, it's the same amount as a normal spider. 
Do you know what else would be making it do 20 rather than the more reasonable 60?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fjedjik    122
3 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

>>>:::{{{

Why- that's interesting.
Why would they only do 20? I thought they said they buffed this, it's the same amount as a normal spider. 
Do you know what else would be making it do 20 rather than the more reasonable 60?

Yes if you open spider_monkey.lua, you see that the damage is determined by TUNING.MONKEY_MEELE_DAMAGE, and in tuning.lua you can see that that value is 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    18232
3 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

>>>:::{{{

Why- that's interesting.
Why would they only do 20? I thought they said they buffed this, it's the same amount as a normal spider. 
Do you know what else would be making it do 20 rather than the more reasonable 60?

The only thing that strikes me right away is that they have code for a projectile attack. Their brains don't ever use it, but the code isn't commented out and seems to end up resetting it to the default monkey damage, aka 20. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    5562
1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

The only thing that strikes me right away is that they have code for a projectile attack. Their brains don't ever use it, but the code isn't commented out and seems to end up resetting it to the default monkey damage, aka 20. 

Ooooh, you know what? I think it's supposed to be 60 damage, but they're trying to use the old Spider Monkeys throwing code.
There was an old Spider themed Splumonkey/Prime ape before the Spider "ape" appeared, I think they're conflicting with each other.
Ugh.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    18232
10 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Ooooh, you know what? I think it's supposed to be 60 damage, but they're trying to use the old Spider Monkeys throwing code.
There was an old Spider themed Splumonkey/Prime ape before the Spider "ape" appeared, I think they're conflicting with each other.
Ugh.

I reported it. We'll see if it's an issue or not. Or rather, an acceptable one or not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fjedjik    122
15 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I reported it. We'll see if it's an issue or not. Or rather, an acceptable one or not.

I can't see how this is a bug.

image.png.5a4e54388c707c24ba4607f144be0def.png

It seems pretty intentional to me.

image.png.2cc8f6440260c666b03fea0984cb2f99.png

 

Edited by Fjedjik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    18232
5 minutes ago, Fjedjik said:

I can't see how this is a bug.

Because the entire block of code for the switching between a ranged and melee state is unused.

This is where all the values are actually being initialized:

image.png.9a7a4459fa53ac6ce358d747bd5729bc.png

But for some reason this isn't commented out:

image.png.e089bd65a63ba9ce3ed84e7d78e6405b.png

All that is actually doing is inadvertently overriding the damage value that was already set. The ranged functionality is never used.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    5562
2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Because the entire block of code for the switching between a ranged and melee state is unused.

This is where all the values are actually being initialized:

image.png.9a7a4459fa53ac6ce358d747bd5729bc.png

But for some reason this isn't commented out:

image.png.e089bd65a63ba9ce3ed84e7d78e6405b.png

All that is actually doing is inadvertently overriding the damage value that was already set. The ranged functionality is never used.

I brought it up with Leo, and now he's saying they do 30.
image.thumb.png.a10a7658bcfb94d4e49a9e42a281080e.png
I'm beyond confused right now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    18232
21 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I brought it up with Leo, and now he's saying they do 30.
image.thumb.png.a10a7658bcfb94d4e49a9e42a281080e.png
I'm beyond confused right now.

Nah, in-game they definitely do 20. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maradyne    4971

5c8d7f9916e0c_monkeyingaroundincode.png.c8fa8d9c2e85a5ede0570b81a0b565da.png

I'm confused as to why this exists in tuning.lua if they did actually intend to use the other one.

Also, the 20 damage tuning number is immediately followed by a similar one defining 125 health rather than 550.

Edited by lifetheuniverse
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mueck    540

Oh, so that's how we ended with that little edit war going on at the wiki going back and forth on the Spider Monkey article! :D

The 20 dmg and 125 hp are actually the Splumonkey's values (just "monkey" in the code)! And they probably copied the prefab and forgot to change these lines. This is also why lily pads are using the ponds' examination quotes, because they copied the ponds' code and forgot to remove a specific line.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now