Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Uh...can I get a GIF of this in-game? :wilson_curious:

I was hoping you could get it for me, the wiki had an GIF but due to some new wiki related upgrades it got removed and became a JPG instead.

latest?cb=20190421040116

Spoiler

Bugs.gif.e4fdf4cdec5efe00c3c119d74852b33

the more lower health he has, the more he starts fuzzing and glitching

• Like 1

Just now, watermelen671 said:

That's an old bug, and it's not something I can get for you as it is a glitch in the game not a glitch in the assets.

nope, its a feature, he starts glitching out of existence the lesser health he as as its related to his usage of Teleportation Technology.

even the wiki confirms it that is unique feature to this character https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Wagstaff

That's why I thought maybe you can look in the files and see how the glitch effect even appears.

Spoiler

lore wise the reason this happens to him is because his body is not completely in the same place because of the continuous usage of teleportation tech he invented by himself, so when his physical body gets harmed, his existence start fizzing out and the more damaged he gets, the more he starts fizzing and glitching

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

It's just an fx-overlay applied to the character. I believe it's done in-game, so I can't really give you much beyond this.

Hide contents

film_scratch_test.png.465d3af01a50b7feba069400cb74e4cb.pngwagstaff_000.png.71ce8d87a4aa589e3854bcded05637fd.png

wow! Thank you very much!

although haven't you played with the character and noticed this effect yet tho?

Spoiler

or maybe you thought it was really a bug happening as of still :D

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Sorry to ask this months later but can you make the day-night cycle animation in apng/gif format? I'd like a clean example. The wiki only has screencaps of it. @watermelen671

I know I asked this before but.... Yeah.

...did you? :wilson_curious:

If you did I forgot. >.<

Spoiler

I'll get roight on that before I forget again. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Thanks 1

Well the good news is I found it.

The bad news is I have no idea how it animates...

dont_starve_together_hud.thumb.png.dd9892d18aee57841bf0b3ac8a9b2323.png

Two up from the bottom right, right beside the meat effigy icon...it was in the hud tex file...which AFAIK has no corresponding anim/build file, so I guess I'm just gonna have to take a gambit on this one.

crysipp.png.e699bda7c4577429d07e96df3cbac97e.png

• Sad 2

@minespatch , @watermelen671

the reason the animation is soo scattered apart in files is because its connected with a lot of stuff including season shift, day/night/moon cycle,  day night cycle, evening cycle increase/decrease, highlighting as shown above in animation when a certain amount of time passes and so forth, etc.

since its connected to soo many things,it obviously will be very very hard to compile an animation showing all effects and changes one by one.

Also @minespatch are you using these animations in the wiki or something?

Edited by MWY
  • Like 2