Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

3 hours ago, Portmanteau said:

Hey @watermelen671, what tool is it that you use to decompile assets back into spriter projects? Been wondering for awhile now as I've been wanting to get a better look at unused animations and stuff myself. I tried ktools in the past, but it seemed to refuse to work on my computer for some reason.

I'd also like to know if its at all possible to decompile an atlas-0.tex back into the .png files that made it? Don't know if its at all a realistic possibility or not, but I've been wondering about whether it is for awhile now.

I use ktools. There's an odd quirk in ktools where if you have a space in, say, your username, it won't work and it'll crash, so check and make sure there are no spaces in the file paths. :wilson_goodjob:

And you can use matt's tex tools to save the tex file into a png.

2 hours ago, Portmanteau said:

I should have better specified, I was trying to refer towards is it possible to get the individual .png files that made up the .tex file before it was compiled, as in all the parts of the object being their own .png files, basically something like the files in the exported folder in the Extended Character Template?

Well when you use ktools, it'll decompile into separate png files for each part, if I understand your question correctly.

Spoiler

It goes from this:

body_oxygen_0.png.bc717297d355229ea064f328a3e000fb.png

To this:

image.thumb.png.de6d590a54d52596557ac2e76b17d5d7.png

This is an ONI example but it's the same premise. 

19 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Do you think you could get gifs of the "land" "idle_loop_ground" and "takeoff" animations for regular and fat packim?

packim_fat.thumb.png.f96f7f49f62cfb29db1ee3252af62c0e.pngpackim_ground.thumb.png.4caae3adc70fb0434d1dd0370136a6d2.png

On 8/28/2019 at 2:52 AM, minespatch said:

@watermelen671Can I get a kamehameha charging up animation from the living artifact?

living_suit_shoot_down.thumb.png.5446d606bca9036aed3bafd83fa8a8cf.pngliving_suit_shoot_to_super_down.thumb.png.0353122f13c47f79eab4beec30be31c0.pngliving_suit_shoot_to_super_side.thumb.png.cbd7f3fd77ae2853fe41c60922e61668.png

3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Suddenly packim baggins inflation from deviantart.

Stop before I shut down this thread. :wilson_unimpressed:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2