Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

56 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Any code diggers know how Gnats build their nest? I don't know if they need any special conditions, or if they just do it.

I spawned some snapteeth (Snaptoothi?)

Also, do they attack mobs?

1. I'm p sure if you just spawn a nest, Gnats will spawn. It's kinda like Monkey Barrels or Spider dens. The building needs to exist before the mob exists.

2. It's Snapteeth.

3. AFAIK they do not attack mobs, however mobs attack them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

1. I'm p sure if you just spawn a nest, Gnats will spawn. It's kinda like Monkey Barrels or Spider dens. The building needs to exist before the mob exists.

The question was if they built the nest, however.

I know they come from the nest, but I don't want to spawn a nest, because there's an actual, non-console way to transport them threw DLCs.
So I wanted to know if they would build the nest if I brought them to another DLC. Thanks, tho.

Just now, Angel_Octoling said:

The question was if they built the nest, however.

I know they come from the nest, but I don't want to spawn a nest, because there's an actual, non-console way to transport them threw DLCs.
So I wanted to know if they would build the nest if I brought them to another DLC. Thanks, tho.

They're not one of those mobs, unfortunately.

I think gnat mounds will event spawn if you mine them and kill their residents. Once I mined gnat mounds and then went to toxic jungle with all the flies on me to kill them off. Later I found mound(s) on the very edge of said biome. Weird, to say the least.

Transporting them trough DLCs like that seems clever. Also a good way to multiply them, probably. When you take gnats away, new will spawn. Then you can bring the old ones and they'll make new mound. I suppose so, at least.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

oh god. now im not suprised noone wants to eat the beans.

They die when you cook them, if you don't want to eat them alive.  (shudder)

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

infestation.png.5dcaba570c95eae78a3d31f8Okay, I think this is where my confusion came from. This is the gnats from Beta.

Wait what? I don't think this was used, I played the beta when it first came out and they didn't look like this, that is odd. Where'd you find this? Now you've peaked my interest. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I played the beta when it first came out and they didn't look like this, that is odd. 

Samesies.  I love it when people data mine and we get to see all the possibilities that developers considered and rejected.  

Okay so I'm home now, and I got a new pair of shoes! 

renhapp.thumb.png.0b037dd73d0095845a4f6ffe17e6f767.png

But anyways...

3 hours ago, ucw said:

Samesies.  I love it when people data mine and we get to see all the possibilities that developers considered and rejected.  

6 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Wait what? I don't think this was used, I played the beta when it first came out and they didn't look like this, that is odd. Where'd you find this? Now you've peaked my interest. 

13 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

what sort of .tex file is THAT

Survey says...

BETA

Spoiler

gnat_idle_loop.png.1bd18c923d23774d5c712dcfd07c6c21.png

CURRENT

Spoiler

gnat_idle_loop.png.02db30a086a10989949e28a51378e649.png

Yeah no it's exactly the same, I think the image minispatch posted is of the fx texture:

fx_texture-0.png.c65094833f3e5a84c35ad31456cb4a4c.png

And that must've been what tripped him up. :wilson_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2019 at 11:18 PM, Roosev said:

It seems that quite a few creepy sounds have been added. Likely to be just ambient sounds considering that they are in the DLC003_AMB_stream file. But damn, are they creepy.

Files have DA_A/DA_DR/DA_GJ/DA_LP/DA_R/DA_S prefixes. There is 276 of these files.

Either way:

*TURN VOLUME DOWN*

1 - DA_C

2 - DA_C

3 - DA_DR (DR for Danger?)

4 - DA_DR

5 - DA_GJ

6 - DA_LP (LP for Loop?)

7 - DA_R

8 - DA_S

Could these be the ambient sounds for the Aporkalypse? Or maybe a brand new area?

Also, not too sure if they are actually active in the game right now.

Or if they've been before. But I haven't seen them before!

This was a little late but it was in the perfect situation so i had to do it

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Dearest Melen and Co.,

I'm sure you'll be on this in due time, BUT I REALLY NEED A HIT OF THAT LIVING ARTIFACT, and you provide the best ref in town. Thank you for the time you put supplying us with those searing hot animations and high-res art.

Sincerely, 

An Addict of Ancient Robot Tech

In all honesty, take as long as you need. I've got a few projects queued up anyway, I'm just particularly smitten by this newfangled thing.

2 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Anyone know what it is?

Transformation sound, probably.

Edited by ResettePlayer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1