watermelen671

Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

Recommended Posts

Zeklo    17,370
2 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

I just wanted to get this straight. These guys were added in recently? I thought that the last update that SW received explicitly mentioned that Baby Beefalo were already a thing and that they, like their Beefalo counterparts, were able to mate off-screen.

Also, added in for the Hamlet beta or the main branch of updates?

They are newly added in the files of the Hamlet beta and, as they said, were added fine with some modding.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    4,845
2 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

I just wanted to get this straight. These guys were added in recently? I thought that the last update that SW received explicitly mentioned that Baby Beefalo were already a thing and that they, like their Beefalo counterparts, were able to mate off-screen.

Also, added in for the Hamlet beta or the main branch of updates?

In the SW update from before Hamlet's Beta, they added in Water Beef/OX reproduction. Not the children, however. Recently in the Hamlet Beta, we found files for SW containing the baby beef. They do not exist in SW as of yet, no.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    4,845
4 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Then explain this!

Home_sea_Home_forums.jpg

image.png.fda5e0fd48d30c898290c472e6aed5c8.png

This was the promo image for the Home Sea Home update from when the Beta launched.

Also! Water beefalo have been able to reproduce since before the Shipwrecked beta, it's just that they gave birth to a fully grown adult water beefalo and not a baby water beefalo like any reasonably sane person would expect! :wilson_ecstatic:

Hah, Figured you'd pop out this image, I know it'll be hard to believe, but also don't quote me! I'm not Klei! 

But even when this update was here, and the baby Ox was shown here in the promo image, it still was not to be found in the game. I haven't double checked recently, but as of what I know of, it still does not exist in the stable version of SW.

Edit: Checked the Wiki, no baby Ox to be found... Ugh, I hate being correct in this sense but yes, there's no Beef. I hope to inform, not fight! ;)

Edited by Angel_Octoling
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Szczuku    9,032
1 minute ago, Field Field said:

The red-eyed pikos are used. They become aggressive on full moon nights for some reason.

Yeah it makes no sense since they hide in the trees as soon as dusk hits. So the only way to see aggresive piko is to chop 4th tier tea tree. And those pikos aren't even special. Actually to think about it what's so different about orange piko that it's named "Orange Piko" and characters have different quotes for it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luminium    17
1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

Yeah it makes no sense since they hide in the trees as soon as dusk hits. So the only way to see aggresive piko is to chop 4th tier tea tree. And those pikos aren't even special. Actually to think about it what's so different about orange piko that it's named "Orange Piko" and characters have different quotes for it?

I believe the orange piko are a reference to orange pekoe tea

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Szczuku    9,032
35 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Ugh, I hate being correct in this sense but yes, there's no Beef. I hope to inform, not fight! ;)

Actually I'm p-sure you're wrong so...

Simply because they weren't added in "Home sea home" update doesn't mean Klei's not going to add them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    14,570
1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

Yeah it makes no sense since they hide in the trees as soon as dusk hits. So the only way to see aggresive piko is to chop 4th tier tea tree. And those pikos aren't even special. Actually to think about it what's so different about orange piko that it's named "Orange Piko" and characters have different quotes for it?

Well I suppose the same thing could be said for any palette swapped DS mob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Szczuku    9,032
1 minute ago, Luminium said:

I believe the orange piko are a reference to orange pekoe tea

Oh ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    14,570
1 minute ago, Luminium said:

I believe the orange piko are a reference to orange pekoe tea

soyousay.png.43007059dce252efc42416a462cf5b0a.png

THAT'S GENIUS!! :wilson_ecstatic:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Szczuku    9,032
Just now, watermelen671 said:

Well I suppose the same thing could be said for any palette swapped DS mob.

What do you mean? That there're crows, red birds and snow birds or something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    14,570
Just now, Szczuku said:

What do you mean? That there're crows, red birds and snow birds or something like that?

Pretty much. Almost all of the different species of birbs use the same animation as the crow. They don't really do anything different, but gosh dangit they sure look perdy. :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Field Field    2,026
6 minutes ago, Luminium said:

I believe the orange piko are a reference to orange pekoe tea

They are! You can cook tea in the crockpot with 2 or more orange pikos, sweetner (any amount,) but no meat, veggies or inedible foods. It's basically nerfed coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    4,845
3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Actually I'm p-sure you're wrong so...

Simply because they weren't added in "Home sea home" update doesn't mean Klei's not going to add them

I never said they `weren't` being added. I said they haven't been added in yet. Just meant that they haven't been added in yet.

Also, with all the new SW stuff in found in Hamlet's files I do so believe we're getting them in due time, so I'm excited!
(I also just went into the game to spawn in the baby Ox, and there aren't any. Though, there is a new prefab, so they're being worked on.)

Edited by Angel_Octoling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    17,370

I was slightly disappointed to find out crabapple trees' fruit aren't literal crab-fruit hybrids.

Since they're currently unused there's still hope. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    4,845
2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Trees!

  Hide contents

claw_tree_build_sway1_loop_tall.thumb.gif.132f37cf9b6451290df24e67eb0320f2.gifidle_loop.thumb.gif.f2010cb997b0effc4ec2a0cb03493fc6.gif

tree_rainforest_gas_build_sway1_loop_tall.thumb.gif.b7a86aa53b336a4f8cec7be7342cfa48.giftree_rainforest_bloom_build_sway1_loop_tall.thumb.gif.6d79f5667bf102f0e342abb4edf99c03.gif

The last two ones I can't seem to finish exporting without it crashing.

Oooh, That purple-ish one seems new, and I've seen that Dark Green one in the files before. One is the Claw Tree and the other is a tree you can find in the gas Jungle. Cool finds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    14,570
52 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I never said they `weren't` being added. I said they haven't been added in yet. Just meant that they haven't been added in yet.

Also, with all the new SW stuff in found in Hamlet's files I do so believe we're getting them in due time, so I'm excited!
(I also just went into the game to spawn in the baby Ox, and there aren't any. Though, there is a new prefab, so they're being worked on.)

On 11/21/2017 at 3:39 PM, Jason said:

Ahoy, traveler! Can you hear that ocean calling your name?

We're happy to announce the Home Sea Home content update has washed up on the shores of Don't Starve: Shipwrecked. Light your way with new luminescent Rainbow Jellies, befriend some mischievous Ballphin pals, or just kick your feet up in your base on the waves and enjoy that cool sea breeze.

World

  • Crocodogs. Will hound you at land and sea.
  • Ballphin followers and the Ballphin Den.
  • Roe. New food item. Stocks the fish farm.
  • Cormorants. New sea bird. Source of Roe.
  • Tar Slick. Pools of crude oil bubbling on the surface of the water.
  • Tar. New resource.
  • 3 new variety of tropical fish.
  • Rainbow Jellyfish. 
  • Coral Nubbin. Replant coral after it's mined.
  • Ox will produce offspring.

This is from a July 2016 edit of the Wikia page:

image.png.8f0fd56fa76580ac5abe1c9bf51a3fb7.png

Spoiler

 

As opposed to the first version of that very same page, which reads:

image.png.f79f25cf12b0099bd6ca931333f7c6bd.png

 

So Ox used to produce fully grown Ox as offspring, then in the Shipwrecked beta, they were supposed to add Baby Ox as offspring, but I guess they didn't have enough time(?) and just left it in as normal fully grown Ox offspring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    17,370
11 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Oooh, That purple-ish one seems new, and I've seen that Dark Green one in the files before. One is the Claw Tree and the other is a tree you can find in the gas Jungle. Cool finds!

The purple-blue hued one occurs during Lush season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    14,570
3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The purple-blue hued one occurs during Lush season.

I can never get that far without somehow breaking the game in half. 

joshthink.thumb.png.dd06d631521dce3c55ee1af78c63d763.png

Which reminds me that I need to start keeping note of all the times that I break the game and start flooding the bug report section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now