Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

On 4/10/2019 at 10:37 AM, lifetheuniverse said:

Didn't happen to see day/evening versions of that segment clock; maybe the coloring of the segments is a code thing?

Sleepy me overthinks things.
There's likely another file with individual day/evening segments that gets overlayed based on day length setting and season timing.

Edited by lifetheuniverse

1 hour ago, Omaremad74 said:

@watermelen671

Uhmm..... Is this anim file new? I was coding and bringing over the anim files and stumbled upon this, I don't know how to use ktools so if anyone could check this, thank you!

metal_hulk_merge.zip

This is rather old, so sadly it's not new.
We've talked about it here in this channel before, it's all the ironhulks (robots) merged into 1 boss.

Klei posted a picture of it in the Roadmap, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.755f9174dbb6618c741aef7990366ff5.png
Everyone say Hi to Wilba's new hat.
It's called a "hay fever hat". So, It's kind of obvious it's purpose.
And yes, it does seem to be warding off Hay fever, slowly, however.
I know the hat itself is old, but I haven't been able to spawn it till today, so here we are.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

@crystal_clodet posted it in his "Unimplemented assests" thread.

Is this a thing? Still a thing, that is, if so, would you mind showing me how to view it? This is something I'd be very interested in viewing, though I feel I'm still not the best at digging through the forums. 

• Thanks 1

It seems that quite a few creepy sounds have been added. Likely to be just ambient sounds considering that they are in the DLC003_AMB_stream file. But damn, are they creepy.

Files have DA_A/DA_DR/DA_GJ/DA_LP/DA_R/DA_S prefixes. There is 276 of these files.

Either way:

*TURN VOLUME DOWN*

1 - DA_C

2 - DA_C

3 - DA_DR (DR for Danger?)

4 - DA_DR

5 - DA_GJ

6 - DA_LP (LP for Loop?)

7 - DA_R

8 - DA_S

Could these be the ambient sounds for the Aporkalypse? Or maybe a brand new area?

Also, not too sure if they are actually active in the game right now.

Or if they've been before. But I haven't seen them before!

Edited by Roosev
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Roosev said:

It seems that quite a few creepy sounds have been added. Likely to be just ambient sounds considering that they are in the DLC003_AMB_stream file. But damn, are they creepy.

Files have DA_A/DA_DR/DA_GJ/DA_LP/DA_R/DA_S prefixes. There is 276 of these files.

Either way:

*TURN VOLUME DOWN*

1 - DA_C

2 - DA_C

4 - DA_DR

5 - DA_GJ

6 - DA_LP (LP for Loop?)

7 - DA_R

8 - DA_S

Could these be the ambient sounds for the Aporkalypse? Or maybe a brand new area?

It could be wagstaff's hp mechanic kicking in sound-wise?

Or is this a NEW ARG PUZZLE?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Anyone know how to unlock the new female character in game without cheats?
And the boss?
Or is it not in yet, just the characters themselves?

Wheeler is unlocked with XP.

For the Iron Hulk, i think you need to telelocate all the parts to a single place.

1 minute ago, Angel_Octoling said:

And the boss?

Not sure how to unlock the new character, But the new boss is summoned exactly how you would expect.

More info in spoiler

Spoiler

The new boss is summoned by bringing all of the iron hulks together. They can be led by hand, but you're much better off using a telelocator staff. 

when a hulk is active near an inert hulk, It will combine together, but they can be separated by mining them. once all 6 pieces are together, they will automatically wake up, so make sure you're ready.

Boss has several attacks, including a 250 damage bite with a short windup and long range, but long withdrawal time, A laser cannon that doesn't do nearly as much damage, but has range and AOE, a mine attack that sets 4 proximity mines, A laser spin attack whose main effect is bringing you down to 1 FPS for the duration, and a ground slam attack that raises a wall of Basalt stones that can be mined or destroyed by his other attacks, and a self destruct when you kill it.

As for drops, it drops a few iron, a couple of gears, The basalt stones can be mined for stone and flint, and his body parts are presumably re-scattered throughout the island, at least going by the fact that his head falls where it dies. 

so yeah, not really worth the fight IMO, but it is a great source of stone and flint if you're out

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Roosev said:

Either way:

*TURN VOLUME DOWN*

1 - DA_C

2 - DA_C

4 - DA_DR

5 - DA_GJ

6 - DA_LP (LP for Loop?)

7 - DA_R

8 - DA_S

Umm.... Actual Nightmare fuel??!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angel_Octoling said:

And the boss?

I just killed it first of all its insane second of all you lure all of the hulk parts together if a active hulk touches an inactive hulk they will fuse after this other hulks if active will be attracted to the semi fused hulk unless theres 2 active hulks for some reason. 

btw its a really laggy fight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Computer-7 said:

I just killed it first of all its insane second of all you lure all of the hulk parts together if a active hulk touches an inactive hulk they will fuse after this other hulks if active will be attracted to the semi fused hulk unless theres 2 active hulks for some reason. 

btw its a really laggy fight.

The fight was AWESOME!
Probably the best DS fight ever!

I got no lag at all, however. Odd.