watermelen671

Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

Recommended Posts

Mooagain    1,695

 

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Is there a early Fourth of July update in the works???:wilson_shocked:

Klei is in Canada.

 

53 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

lots of new stuff 

dowser

  Reveal hidden contents

arrow-8.png.e2d8212e3a758733a402f12ccda4cabe.pngarrow-7.png.621edd202c751485155c0c306c8b3e18.pngarrow-6.png.1c8c3591c1ad8d7ca815713c44928300.pngarrow-5.png.ccc0991fe5049e00e9c59cfb947697c3.pngarrow-4.png.4be407211f02fc3b4de6db64129f3ae1.pngarrow-3.png.90f414361d744e200cab52882b8d9254.pngarrow-2.png.b090bf8808417474a4db933a7c244488.pngpendant-2.png.802e75bc4d49df8798d7ff006197deea.pngpendant-1.png.6bc76af936f5fb722df38e643e09e956.pngpendant-0.png.9224eb1876eb840601cb4d7866a2c1ca.pngarrow-1.png.2f3ef34537fa85b013a15b45cef8574b.pngarrow-0.png.00243db9010d6a122a832bfe73b0216d.png

 

From Wikipedia:

Dowsing is also known as divining (especially in reference to interpretation of results),[4] doodlebugging[5] (particularly in the United States, in searching for petroleum[6]) or (when searching specifically for water) water finding, water witching (in the United States) or water dowsing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Computer-7    896
11 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

From Wikipedia:

Dowsing is also known as divining (especially in reference to interpretation of results),[4] doodlebugging[5] (particularly in the United States, in searching for petroleum[6]) or (when searching specifically for water) water finding, water witching (in the United States) or water dowsing.

So it hamlet now going to have a oil shop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoberTop    10
3 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

So it hamlet now going to have a oil shop?

its prob the way to find the "Hamlet koalefant"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Computer-7    896
Just now, RoberTop said:

its prob the way to find the "Hamlet koalefant"

 

most likely, but it would be cool to sell oil in my survival game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thalkas    945
Posted (edited)

Lol Vortox cloak is half armor, half backpack with 8 slots and with drain sanity aura. Have 450 HP, 100% dmg reduction and can be charge with nightmare fuel (1 fuel = 5%) and drain sanity with being charge. Also nightmare mobs and burn/poison ingore armor reduction.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f8f53133817623d3296d69e6c6985a16.png

 

Edited by Thalkas
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Computer-7    896
1 hour ago, Thalkas said:

Lol Vortox cloak is half armor, half backpack with 8 slots and with drain sanity aura. Have 450 HP, 100% dmg reduction and can be charge with nightmare fuel (1 fuel = 5%) and drain sanity with being charge. Also nightmare mobs and burn/poison ingore armor reduction.

  Hide contents

image.thumb.png.f8f53133817623d3296d69e6c6985a16.png

 

can it be held in the inventory?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thalkas    945
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

can it be held in the inventory?

Nope, same like backpack. Every charge with fuel subtracts -5 sanity and character lost 1 sanity every 3 seconds. Also - im not sure - when character sanity is 50% during wearing cloak we can hear strange sound. Like Herald's loud breath.

Edited by Thalkas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Computer-7    896
11 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

Nope, same like backpack. Every charge with fuel subtracts -5 sanity and character lost 1 sanity every 3 seconds. Also - im not sure - when character sanity is 50% during wearing cloak we can hear strange sound. Like Herald's loud breath.

darn would have been cool to have multiple of these for extra storage. Not sure if I would use this over krampus sack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thalkas    945
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

darn would have been cool to have multiple of these for extra storage. Not sure if I would use this over krampus sack.

As armor is little OP, but must be as item what can be obtained only from Herald. Its better than bone armor from DST. Also 8 backpack slots is awesome! Sanity drop is little huge, but is fine for OP item like this one. Just i hate two things ... 1. why we dont have minimap icon?! It can be easy to lost armor on map. 2. Sounds - armor have so annoying ambient. For me is too loud. (I have 1 point in game settings and 5% on PC settings eg. for DST I have 1 point in game and 15% on PC)

Edited by Thalkas
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOnlyGuyEver    959
13 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

As armor is little OP, but must be as item what can be obtained only from Herald. Its better than bone armor from DST. Also 8 backpack slots is awesome! Sanity drop is little huge, but is fine for OP item like this one. Just i hate two things ... 1. why we dont have minimap icon?! It can be easy to lost armor on map. 2. Sounds - armor have so annoying ambient. For me is too loud. (I have 1 point in game settings and 5% on PC settings eg. for DST I have 1 point in game and 15% on PC)

I'll never understand why, in SW, Seagulls are marked on the map but Swordfish aren't. I've taken to dropping backpacks at Swordfish spots as markers for myself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rellimarual    4,058

Dowsing is almost always looking for water. It’s only doodlebugging that’s looking for oil

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mooagain    1,695
9 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

So it hamlet now going to have a oil shop?

I was thinking more along the lines of how this new item is synonymous with divining, which includes this thing: Red Rings

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oCrapaCreeper    3,103
Posted (edited)

Vortex Cape drains at 20 sanity per minute. Not ideal for most characters to have on all the time unless you want to intentionally be insane 24/7, but for Maxwell his dapperness perk negates the drain exactly.

Now, if only it wasn't so loud you can't hear other sounds.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWY    1,957
2 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Vortex Cape drains at 20 sanity per minute. Not ideal for most characters to have on all the time, but for Maxwell his dapperness perk negates the drain exactly.

Now, if only it wasn't so loud you can't hear other sounds.

considering just a 20 sanity drain per minute for complete invulnerability that has no time limit, this is a very very good armour.

infact doesn't Dark Sword and Shadow Armour drain sanity as well?

the only draw back tho isn't the sound, its the small durability of 450 hp which you have to recharge with nightmare fuel....almost like refilling your health over and over again.

and the fact you can farm nightmare fuel by wearing the armour and going insane...its not bad either.

Over all its a pretty good version of DST Bone armour and confirmation that Herald and Shadoweaver are related. 

(also Sanity drain isn't bad, its just like poor man's Aporkalypse)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Viktor234    2,551
40 minutes ago, MWY said:

infact doesn't Dark Sword and Shadow Armour drain sanity as well?

They do but the Vortex Cape is technically a Backpack and if you unequip a Backpack, it will drop to the ground, unlike Dark Sword and Shadow Armor. You'll need to keep the Vortex Cape equipped or leave it behind.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWY    1,957
2 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

They do but the Vortex Cape is technically a Backpack and if you unequip a Backpack, it will drop to the ground, unlike Dark Sword and Shadow Armor. You'll need to keep the Vortex Cape equipped or leave it behind.

...well I guess you have to plan out everything at your base before using this thing,

complete invulnerability with such a cost is still minimal...and its still a smaller backpack so you still get to pick up extra items as well : ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theukon-dos    2,188

also, The cape doesn't block damage from Shadow creatures, so they'll do full damage to you unless you also wear a helmet

 

and then each fuel only restores about 22.5 health, or 5% of the durability, meaning you're going to be guzzling fuel in many scenarios.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theukon-dos    2,188
Just now, Rellimarual said:

How do you get it?

Kill the Ancient herald. He drops the blueprint and the special materials needed to craft 1 of them

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cannonball 594    186
Just now, Theukon-dos said:

Kill the Ancient herald. He drops the blueprint and the special materials needed to craft 1 of them

It really shouldn’t be a 100% drop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Computer-7    896
39 minutes ago, cannonball 594 said:

It really shouldn’t be a 100% drop

there probably going to add more drops to the herald and having 20 capes on the ground would get annoying.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWY    1,957
44 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

there probably going to add more drops to the herald and having 20 capes on the ground would get annoying.

you think someone is going to kill Herlad 20 times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now