Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

Lol Vortox cloak is half armor, half backpack with 8 slots and with drain sanity aura. Have 450 HP, 100% dmg reduction and can be charge with nightmare fuel (1 fuel = 5%) and drain sanity with being charge. Also nightmare mobs and burn/poison ingore armor reduction.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f8f53133817623d3296d69e6c6985a16.png

Edited by Thalkas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thalkas said:

Lol Vortox cloak is half armor, half backpack with 8 slots and with drain sanity aura. Have 450 HP, 100% dmg reduction and can be charge with nightmare fuel (1 fuel = 5%) and drain sanity with being charge. Also nightmare mobs and burn/poison ingore armor reduction.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.f8f53133817623d3296d69e6c6985a16.png

can it be held in the inventory?

8 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

can it be held in the inventory?

Nope, same like backpack. Every charge with fuel subtracts -5 sanity and character lost 1 sanity every 3 seconds. Also - im not sure - when character sanity is 50% during wearing cloak we can hear strange sound. Like Herald's loud breath.

Edited by Thalkas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

Nope, same like backpack. Every charge with fuel subtracts -5 sanity and character lost 1 sanity every 3 seconds. Also - im not sure - when character sanity is 50% during wearing cloak we can hear strange sound. Like Herald's loud breath.

darn would have been cool to have multiple of these for extra storage. Not sure if I would use this over krampus sack.

7 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

darn would have been cool to have multiple of these for extra storage. Not sure if I would use this over krampus sack.

As armor is little OP, but must be as item what can be obtained only from Herald. Its better than bone armor from DST. Also 8 backpack slots is awesome! Sanity drop is little huge, but is fine for OP item like this one. Just i hate two things ... 1. why we dont have minimap icon?! It can be easy to lost armor on map. 2. Sounds - armor have so annoying ambient. For me is too loud. (I have 1 point in game settings and 5% on PC settings eg. for DST I have 1 point in game and 15% on PC)

Edited by Thalkas
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

As armor is little OP, but must be as item what can be obtained only from Herald. Its better than bone armor from DST. Also 8 backpack slots is awesome! Sanity drop is little huge, but is fine for OP item like this one. Just i hate two things ... 1. why we dont have minimap icon?! It can be easy to lost armor on map. 2. Sounds - armor have so annoying ambient. For me is too loud. (I have 1 point in game settings and 5% on PC settings eg. for DST I have 1 point in game and 15% on PC)

I'll never understand why, in SW, Seagulls are marked on the map but Swordfish aren't. I've taken to dropping backpacks at Swordfish spots as markers for myself.

• Like 1

Vortex Cape drains at 20 sanity per minute. Not ideal for most characters to have on all the time unless you want to intentionally be insane 24/7, but for Maxwell his dapperness perk negates the drain exactly.

Now, if only it wasn't so loud you can't hear other sounds.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Vortex Cape drains at 20 sanity per minute. Not ideal for most characters to have on all the time, but for Maxwell his dapperness perk negates the drain exactly.

Now, if only it wasn't so loud you can't hear other sounds.

considering just a 20 sanity drain per minute for complete invulnerability that has no time limit, this is a very very good armour.

infact doesn't Dark Sword and Shadow Armour drain sanity as well?

the only draw back tho isn't the sound, its the small durability of 450 hp which you have to recharge with nightmare fuel....almost like refilling your health over and over again.

and the fact you can farm nightmare fuel by wearing the armour and going insane...its not bad either.

Over all its a pretty good version of DST Bone armour and confirmation that Herald and Shadoweaver are related. 

(also Sanity drain isn't bad, its just like poor man's Aporkalypse)

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, MWY said:

infact doesn't Dark Sword and Shadow Armour drain sanity as well?

They do but the Vortex Cape is technically a Backpack and if you unequip a Backpack, it will drop to the ground, unlike Dark Sword and Shadow Armor. You'll need to keep the Vortex Cape equipped or leave it behind.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

They do but the Vortex Cape is technically a Backpack and if you unequip a Backpack, it will drop to the ground, unlike Dark Sword and Shadow Armor. You'll need to keep the Vortex Cape equipped or leave it behind.

...well I guess you have to plan out everything at your base before using this thing,

complete invulnerability with such a cost is still minimal...and its still a smaller backpack so you still get to pick up extra items as well : ) 

also, The cape doesn't block damage from Shadow creatures, so they'll do full damage to you unless you also wear a helmet

and then each fuel only restores about 22.5 health, or 5% of the durability, meaning you're going to be guzzling fuel in many scenarios.

• Like 4