Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Are there any other moves chicken makes or is it just a swap of the duckling of the m'Goose?

It doesn't do anything in game aside from eating, sleeping, and walking, but after looking at it's animations, It's got (probably the same as M'Goose's) flying animations, Honk, and whatnot.

5 hours ago, ModsterMash said:

Hopefully Wagstaff will end up in the DS files instead. I'm really hoping he's the base game addition.

They said one of the 2 characters will be base game, Wagstaff was found in Hamlet's files which are connected with Base game's files. It's weird.
The explorer is almost certainly the Hamlet character, while Wag is gonna be base game.
They're probably pulling a Winona, where we found her files early, they removed it and added her in much later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 19. 3. 2019 at 4:09 PM, __IvoCZE__ said:

I wonder how much would don't starve be don't starve if all the Unimplemented Characters ( Except Pyro ) were implemented.

Just requoting because melen just rolled with lols and noone will see it.

Discuss.

13 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

They said one of the 2 characters will be base game, Wagstaff was found in Hamlet's files which are connected with Base game's files. It's weird.
The explorer is almost certainly the Hamlet character, while Wag is gonna be base game.
They're probably pulling a Winona, where we found her files early, they removed it and added her in much later.

His release might end up being timed based on the progression of DST's character/story shorts.

• Thanks 2

Psssttt... Data Miner digger bois...

Can anyone find out what this is? This picture was posted in one of the update posts but there's no other context.
5c90f3e02d49d_ScreenShot2019-03-19at9_07_31AM.thumb.png.f2e44dd1a5c5e355b6f7535d57455950.png
It looks like an Urn with gears in it. Not even sure what the name is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Psssttt... Data Miner digger bois...

Can anyone find out what this is? This picture was posted in one of the update posts but there's no other context.
5c90f3e02d49d_ScreenShot2019-03-19at9_07_31AM.thumb.png.f2e44dd1a5c5e355b6f7535d57455950.png
It looks like an Urn with gears in it. Not even sure what the name is.

I think I've heard its a turret of sorts, found in ruins specifically in the room containing the Truffle or other Royal relics,

it fires darts at you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWY said:

I think I've heard its a turret of sorts, found in ruins specifically in the room containing the Truffle or other Royal relics,

it fires darts at you.

Really interesting! I'll have to look into it! 
I know we had dart traps, but this seems like it'd be harder to deal with. Gotta find one!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Yes, I posted about it a few days ago. You can’t mine or hammer or chisel it. Did not try a disarming Kit. When you chisel the relic in the room, it begins firing darts while rotating, so the direction keeps changing.

reminds of these things.

Spoiler

Site_3_Caverns_-_Levitation_Site.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

Yes, I posted about it a few days ago. You can’t mine or hammer or chisel it. Did not try a disarming Kit. When you chisel the relic in the room, it begins firing darts while rotating, so the direction keeps changing.

You actually can Hammer it. I tried, took about 10-15 or so hits. A really dumb amount.
The pressure plates also trigger it, not just the chisel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mueck said:

Sorry for off-topic:

Initially, when I read your comment, I thought: "Of course, they're right". The Turfs page has recently been edited by someone from the Reddit community to add the Hamlet turfs, but I hadn't yet verified the dominance order list that was reworked by them.

But now I tested ingame, and actually this time, the wiki is correct. Maybe the dominance order for Beefalo Carpet and Deciduous Turf is just different in DST? Or this has been changed with the introduction of Hamlet?

Reveal hidden contents

5c93e15c99a6f_WilbasCarpet.png.1feb9ddaffc93664809c3f5bc708ac39.png

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

You actually can Hammer it. I tried, took about 10-15 or so hits. A really dumb amount.
The pressure plates also trigger it, not just the chisel.

Hmmm. I did try to hammer it, but perhaps it changed in an update?

5 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

image.thumb.png.f8848e5e2aa165b9dba400dbae3ed621.png

is Willow okay?

also found that dart statue in the files, but Spriter crashes every time I try to open it so if anyone else wants to do it its called pig_ruins_dart_statue.

Also if anyone knows how to fix Spriter it would be nice to know.

P.S

I hate Spriter

Edited by Computer-7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

They cannot.
But they should grow naturally. 

Sorry to ask about it but WHEN they start to grow naturally? Is it like regrowth? I have a bunch of crispy burnt tubers in my world. Should I remove them to grow new tubers? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, axxel said:

Sorry to ask about it but WHEN they start to grow naturally? Is it like regrowth? I have a bunch of crispy burnt tubers in my world. Should I remove them to grow new tubers? 

They probably regrow during lush season.

• Like 1