Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

On 3/14/2019 at 7:17 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Aside from the stuff of nightmares, sure this isn't just the aporkalypse piko?

Nothing changes from normal and Aporkalypse Piko, just the eyes and it being hostile.
This also happens during the fullmoon.

It's using normal piko animations, I just rendered it with the red eyes.

• Like 2

On 8.3.2019 at 10:07 PM, Angel_Octoling said:

Never trust the wiki. It's got so many things wrong, and it's missing way to much content. 
Simple things such as it having the wrong Spider Ape damage, not having the Ballphin palace, and not having anything from Hamlet in the unimplemented section. Ugh.

From all my test, no, Iron Hulk does not have any unique animations for fighting shadows. I will check one final time in case, however.

Out of curiosity, what do you think is the correct Spider Monkey damage?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fjedjik said:

Out of curiosity, what do you think is the correct Spider Monkey damage?

It's 60. I know this by checking the code for them.
I spoke with the nice Wiki dude and it's should be on the wiki now. 

Actually... 
image.png.3d5fa069923e9940ec328bb860b35263.png
Nevermind, I guess it's not changed. But the correct damage is 60.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

It's 60. I know this by checking the code for them.
I spoke with the nice Wiki dude and it's should be on the wiki now. 

Actually... 
image.png.3d5fa069923e9940ec328bb860b35263.png
Nevermind, I guess it's not changed. But the correct damage is 60.

Thats interesring, considering Spider Monkeys only take 20 HP when I open  Hamlet and test it for myself.

1 hour ago, Fjedjik said:

Thats interesring, considering Spider Monkeys only take 20 HP when I open  Hamlet and test it for myself.

You know, knowing my luck, they probably changed it. 
I know for a fact at one point it was 60, as I even posted a picture of the code in this discussion. Which is now missing, seemingly.
I'll go in and check for myself again, but Hamlet is in beta, so it could change at literally any point in time.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cbad6b4d2e3546d7b51cea3e5c57b992.png

13 minutes ago, Fjedjik said:

1 minute ago, Angel_Octoling said:

You know, knowing my luck, they probably changed it. 
I know for a fact at one point it was 60, as I even posted a picture of the code in this discussion. Which is now missing, seemingly.
I'll go in and check for myself again, but Hamlet is in beta, so it could change at literally any point in time.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.cbad6b4d2e3546d7b51cea3e5c57b992.png

Just from having a quick look: 

- They do 20 damage in-game

- The tuning for spider monkey's suggest 60 damage, but this is likely not the case due to other variables

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Just from having a quick look: 

- They do 20 damage in-game

- The tuning for spider monkey's suggest 60 damage, but this is likely not the case due to other variables

>>>:::{{{

Why- that's interesting.
Why would they only do 20? I thought they said they buffed this, it's the same amount as a normal spider. 
Do you know what else would be making it do 20 rather than the more reasonable 60?

3 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Why- that's interesting.
Why would they only do 20? I thought they said they buffed this, it's the same amount as a normal spider. 
Do you know what else would be making it do 20 rather than the more reasonable 60?

Yes if you open spider_monkey.lua, you see that the damage is determined by TUNING.MONKEY_MEELE_DAMAGE, and in tuning.lua you can see that that value is 20.

3 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Why- that's interesting.

The only thing that strikes me right away is that they have code for a projectile attack. Their brains don't ever use it, but the code isn't commented out and seems to end up resetting it to the default monkey damage, aka 20. 

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

The only thing that strikes me right away is that they have code for a projectile attack. Their brains don't ever use it, but the code isn't commented out and seems to end up resetting it to the default monkey damage, aka 20. 

Ooooh, you know what? I think it's supposed to be 60 damage, but they're trying to use the old Spider Monkeys throwing code.
There was an old Spider themed Splumonkey/Prime ape before the Spider "ape" appeared, I think they're conflicting with each other.
Ugh.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Ooooh, you know what? I think it's supposed to be 60 damage, but they're trying to use the old Spider Monkeys throwing code.
There was an old Spider themed Splumonkey/Prime ape before the Spider "ape" appeared, I think they're conflicting with each other.
Ugh.

I reported it. We'll see if it's an issue or not. Or rather, an acceptable one or not.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I reported it. We'll see if it's an issue or not. Or rather, an acceptable one or not.

I can't see how this is a bug.

image.png.5a4e54388c707c24ba4607f144be0def.png

It seems pretty intentional to me.

image.png.2cc8f6440260c666b03fea0984cb2f99.png

Edited by Fjedjik

5 minutes ago, Fjedjik said:

I can't see how this is a bug.

Because the entire block of code for the switching between a ranged and melee state is unused.

This is where all the values are actually being initialized:

image.png.9a7a4459fa53ac6ce358d747bd5729bc.png

But for some reason this isn't commented out:

image.png.e089bd65a63ba9ce3ed84e7d78e6405b.png

All that is actually doing is inadvertently overriding the damage value that was already set. The ranged functionality is never used.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Because the entire block of code for the switching between a ranged and melee state is unused.

This is where all the values are actually being initialized:

image.png.9a7a4459fa53ac6ce358d747bd5729bc.png

But for some reason this isn't commented out:

image.png.e089bd65a63ba9ce3ed84e7d78e6405b.png

All that is actually doing is inadvertently overriding the damage value that was already set. The ranged functionality is never used.

I brought it up with Leo, and now he's saying they do 30.
image.thumb.png.a10a7658bcfb94d4e49a9e42a281080e.png
I'm beyond confused right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5c8d7f9916e0c_monkeyingaroundincode.png.c8fa8d9c2e85a5ede0570b81a0b565da.png

I'm confused as to why this exists in tuning.lua if they did actually intend to use the other one.

Also, the 20 damage tuning number is immediately followed by a similar one defining 125 health rather than 550.

Edited by lifetheuniverse
  • Like 1

Oh, so that's how we ended with that little edit war going on at the wiki going back and forth on the Spider Monkey article! :D

The 20 dmg and 125 hp are actually the Splumonkey's values (just "monkey" in the code)! And they probably copied the prefab and forgot to change these lines. This is also why lily pads are using the ponds' examination quotes, because they copied the ponds' code and forgot to remove a specific line.

• Like 2

• Developer
56 minutes ago, Omaremad74 said:

Does anyone know where I can find the venus_stalk in the code? I need the file for a mod i'm making, Thanks!

DLC0003/scripts/prefabs/meats.lua

If you want to mod, "find in files" is your friend.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7