Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

imagine if Klei is just using the Term Wagstaff in the code to represent the new inventor when it isn't him just to get us hyped for a plot twist

like how for along time Maxwell was labeled "Waxwell" in DST except this time intentional

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

imagine if Klei is just using the Term Wagstaff in the code to represent the new inventor when it isn't him just to get us hyped for a plot twist

like how for along time Maxwell was labeled "Waxwell" in DST except this time intentional

They named him Waxwell because naming him Maxwell would break the game. Maxwell is used by Maxwell, the NPC that talks to you.
Naming him Waxwell wasn't to hype people or deter people, but to simply prevent the game from, ya' know, getting confused.

Excited for Wagstaff, on a different note.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

They named him Waxwell because naming him Maxwell would break the game. Maxwell is used by Maxwell, the NPC that talks to you.
Naming him Waxwell wasn't to hype people or deter people, but to simply prevent the game from, ya' know, getting confused.

Excited for Wagstaff, on a different note.

i was reffering to the fact that a characters name has the ability to be called other things in the files so this time its Klei just wanting to get hype and avert expectations i just said that the characters name doesnt have to be the one that is their real one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

What would they gain from hyping people up for Wagstaff and then saying "nah lol it's not actually him"? That reminds me of how some people actually thought Winona was a fake character that Klei wrote quotes for as an April fools joke.

i don't know this is a kinda "what if" senaro 

Edited by 4 Da LOLs

On 1/3/2019 at 7:26 PM, Computer-7 said:

Went in the sound files and found some interesting things  

Possible Qol

Reveal hidden contents

Qol..PNG.431347a0a8df5923bb7819a06041effd.PNG

New Ranged

Reveal hidden contents

WHAT!.PNG.c45c3dd5e7b276bfc3557d59c5f549b4.PNG

Fumeagator?

Reveal hidden contents

fumeagator.thumb.PNG.b5be5b10bf7740a6e926fb4a3510bbe8.PNG

huh I wonder if two of them has to do with wagstaff

1 hour ago, Nikulic said:

huh I wonder if two of them has to do with wagstaff

These files were found before Wagstaff.

Fumeagator is old before SW was even finished, I doubt it's being added.

Beefalo farts are just things from DST.

Crossbow was found before Wagstaff was, but who knows, they might be related.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

hold on a second...

IS IT POSSIBLE TO REPLACE CHARACTER SOUND FILES WITH WAGSTAFF'S???

On 1.03.2019 at 1:57 AM, Portmanteau said:

Are you looking at "dontstarve_DLC003"? That's where I found all his sound files myself including his "attack" one.

Also for those who'd want to see how he will sound in-game yourself, put all this code in a modmain and start a game with Warbucks. I chose him for this so that way you can hear his attack sound too:

Hide contents

RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve_DLC003/characters/warbucks/attack", "dontstarve_DLC003/characters/wagstaff/attack" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve_DLC003/characters/warbucks/talk_LP", "dontstarve_DLC003/characters/wagstaff/talk_LP" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve_DLC003/characters/warbucks/hurt", "dontstarve_DLC003/characters/wagstaff/hurt" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve_DLC003/characters/warbucks/death_voice", "dontstarve_DLC003/characters/wagstaff/death_voice" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve_DLC003/characters/warbucks/gasmask_talk", "dontstarve_DLC003/characters/wagstaff/gasmask_talk" )
RemapSoundEvent( "dontstarve_DLC003/characters/warbucks/gasmask_hurt", "dontstarve_DLC003/characters/wagstaff/gasmask_hurt" )

Literally same page

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Computer-7 said:

I was bored and decided to look at the dst files not sure how old these are, but I think these are some of the new paid characters for dst.

Hide contents

eh.thumb.PNG.a4696f9480878a460d4034528355455e.PNG

i dunno i think winnie was just a placeholder for wigfrid they look almost identical

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Computer-7 said:

I was bored and decided to look at the dst files not sure how old these are, but I think these are some of the new paid characters for dst.

Hide contents

Both of those characters are unimplemented characters from the base game, Wilton is a skeleton who's silhouette used to be used for the XP cap, and has many assets in game.

Winnie is likly the pre-curser to Wigfrid, due to having almost identicle hair. It's definitly possible that they're bringing back old characters for the DLC, considering that we're already getting Wartox, or those are just there from when the file was split from the base game

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Unimplemented_Characters#Wagstaff

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Both of those characters are unimplemented characters from the base game, Wilton is a skeleton who's silhouette used to be used for the XP cap, and has many assets in game.

Winnie is likly the pre-curser to Wigfrid, due to having almost identicle hair. It's definitly possible that they're bringing back old characters for the DLC, considering that we're already getting Wartox, or those are just there from when the file was split from the base game

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Unimplemented_Characters#Wagstaff

the only reason I thought they might have been added mainly wilton is because of this sound filew.PNG.7b992fdc2326b9aef603cf6e1b0172ec.PNG

thought it might have been a test the character before you buy kinda thing again I don't know how old it is 

nevermind found it in the ds files 

Edited by Computer-7
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

I was bored and decided to look at the dst files not sure how old these are, but I think these are some of the new paid characters for dst. I'm stupid ignore this

Hide contents

You might be aware of this as I type it, but these are ANCIENT. Wilton and Winnie before/during DS's ROG. Before shipwrecked, DST, Hamlet, all that stuff.

Doesn't rule out the fact they could be brought back for the new characters, but I have high doubt Wilton of all the scrapped are returning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

You might be aware of this as I type it, but these are ANCIENT. Wilton and Winnie before/during DS's ROG. Before shipwrecked, DST, Hamlet, all that stuff.

Doesn't rule out the fact they could be brought back for the new characters, but I have high doubt Wilton of all the scrapped are returning.

Wilton maybe, We're already getting Wartox, and he could be fun. Winnie is almost a definite no, considering she seems to be the precursor to Wigfrid

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Winnie is literally the spin-off-odd of Wigfrid...

She literally is a sheep farmer ( forgot the word ) and a vegetarian ( based of mods but okay )

it would be heavily bland if she would be in the game without huge changes.