watermelen671

Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671    13,471
Just now, JimmyJam said:

The first thing that came to mind was the king... but the name would not match.

Isn't Metheus the King? I know that the reanimated skeleton isn't female, Kris stated so herself on a stream, but the rest of the Giants are, with a few exceptions (mainly Klaus).

Herald could just be a codename, so as to not tip their hats too early.

• Like 1

Zeklo    16,524
1 minute ago, watermelen671 said:

Isn't Metheus the King? I know that the reanimated skeleton isn't female, Kris stated so herself on a stream, but the rest of the Giants are, with a few exceptions (mainly Klaus).

The Ancient Fuelweaver was said to be male, while Metheus was said to be female. So if anything Metheus is the queen.

• Like 1

JimmyJam    1,294
Just now, watermelen671 said:

Metheus confessed me so much. i always saw Metheus as a god and not the king.

Or it could be the being that changed the ancients into shadow monsters! Maybe he is coming for hamlet. 

watermelen671    13,471
1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

The Ancient Fuelweaver was said to be male, while Metheus was said to be female. So if anything Metheus is the queen.

Just now, JimmyJam said:

Or it could be the being that changed the ancients into shadow monsters! Maybe he is coming for hamlet. 

Well I mean, Fuelweaver's skeleton spawns (friendly) shadow monsters, and...Herald spawns shadow monsters as well. I could just be grasping at straws but there does seem to be a connection.

also why nobody teach me their ways with making those models? do you know how much time that'd save me? :wilson_cry:

JimmyJam    1,294
1 minute ago, watermelen671 said:

Well I mean, Fuelweaver's skeleton spawns (friendly) shadow monsters, and...Herald spawns shadow monsters as well. I could just be grasping at straws but there does seem to be a connection.

Whatever it is i hope it expands on the ds lore. Shipwrecked was a disappointment lore wise.

watermelen671    13,471
Just now, JimmyJam said:

Whatever it is i hope it expands on the ds lore. Shipwrecked was a disappointment lore wise.

At least we got baby water beefalo...eventually. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

-Variant    4,473
2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

At least we got baby water beefalo...eventually. :wilson_ecstatic:

SOON

Zeklo    16,524
Just now, watermelen671 said:

The ancients are the shadow monsters so that makes sense they'd follow another supposed ancient. I'm not quite sure what place the Herald has yet, but they do appear to be another prominent ancient figure. They have something to do with the aporkalypse as well.

The 2C3D    578
20 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Shipwrecked was a disappointment lore wise.

Hey, at least Webber makes no sense now!

Joys of Volcanology: "I'm not a good reader, but he is!"

(Seriously, is someone can find an interpretation for this that doesn't contradict something I'll be quite happy.)

watermelen671    13,471
21 minutes ago, The 2C3D said:

Hey, at least Webber makes no sense now!

Joys of Volcanology: "I'm not a good reader, but he is!"

(Seriously, is someone can find an interpretation for this that doesn't contradict something I'll be quite happy.)

Wait what? Did I just have a stroke or something?

Maybe spiders are all quite literate, and Webber's human half, being only a child, can't really read that well.

I'm now imagining spiders with Wickerbottom glasses reading Shakespeare. Hamlet, for irony's sake.

I'd make an edit of that...but I'm too lazy to do that right now. :3

• Haha 2

TurtleKitty    1,161
11 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

I found this thing walking around on the second island... Its called a Platapine. Looks like one of the rugs in the shops and im pretty sure its temp art.

It can also swim in water.

platpine1.jpg.ce21c93fb41ab1e37bdb54efd442904b.jpgplatpine2.jpg.06778b2ec7d79c04d50cda903837c40d.jpg

What a cutie wootie! 

watermelen671    13,471
5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Alright I did more digging into the Aporkalypse and here is what I've found.

Hide contents

It is NOT a traditional season. As of now it occurs starting on day 60 overlapping with Lush season (however it is disabled by default).

Temperate > Humid > Lush > Temperate > Humid > Lush (Aporkalypse)

unknown.png

It is always night during the Aporkalypse and the screen will be tinted red. It will last until the end of the season it's occupying. Iron Hulks will all permanently activate, bat waves will occur daily, Mants will all become hostile warriors with warpaint, and pig ghosts will spawn when entering pig ruins.

The Ancient Herald ends up spawning nightmare creatures through the aporkalypse function, and seems to be its boss. How it spawns in the first place is currently unknown.

The "aporkalypse clock" is referenced inside the pig ruins prefab, and will likely be a setpiece of some sort depicting the coming aporkaylpse, and perhaps a way to stop it.

All things said here are subject to change upon Hamlet's full release, but dang it looks great.

So wait...how do you trigger it? 

Zeklo    16,524
7 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

So wait...how do you trigger it? 

You don't. It's not something you want, at least for now:

13 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

As of now it occurs starting on day 60 overlapping with Lush season (however it is disabled by default).

The real question is how we will prevent it.

EDIT: Granted it might just start then for resting purposes, but if so I'm not sure why'd they'd pick a time so far out.

Edited by Zeklo

TurtleKitty    1,161
3 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

Yay new clockworks!

ghost.jpg.d9c37946f5bae3c234b649396573caf2.jpg

I spawned it in was a command.

Does anyone else see the resemblance to Wilson's hair? Perhaps a connection?

1 hour ago, The Noon Fish said:

for some reason my first thought was that that the hair looks like wilson's

That is what I said the moment I saw it! :D

1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

Sometimes kings were held as gods. Especially if they had or seemed to have the power of them. And in ancient times there were female monarch whom undertook the title of King rather than Queen. Considering the deep chess connection in DST this could be a significant difference for how Metheus is played by the devs. And Them. 

watermelen671    13,471
Just now, Zeklo said:

You don't. It's not something you want, at least for now:

The real question is how we will prevent it.

But...I kinda do though.

• Haha 1

TurtleKitty    1,161
20 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Alright I did more digging into the Aporkalypse and here is what I've found.

Hide contents

It is NOT a traditional season. As of now it occurs starting on day 60 overlapping with Lush season (however it is disabled by default).

Temperate > Humid > Lush > Temperate > Humid > Lush (Aporkalypse)

unknown.png

It is always night during the Aporkalypse and the screen will be tinted red. It will last until the end of the season it's occupying. Iron Hulks will all permanently activate, bat waves will occur daily, Mants will all become hostile warriors with warpaint, and pig ghosts will spawn when entering pig ruins.

The Ancient Herald ends up spawning nightmare creatures through the aporkalypse function, and seems to be its boss. How it spawns in the first place is currently unknown.

The "aporkalypse clock" is referenced inside the pig ruins prefab, and will likely be a setpiece of some sort depicting the coming aporkaylpse, and perhaps a way to stop it.

All things said here are subject to change upon Hamlet's full release, but dang it looks great.

In the words of the Beefalord himself, "Boner ACHIEVED! BONER ACHIEVED!!!"

Zeklo    16,524
3 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

But...I kinda do though.

I think we're not talking about the same thing. The aporkalypse happens naturally. It isn't triggerable. You don't control when it happens. Currently that is.

• Thanks 1

-Variant    4,473

The monkey barrel is what Splumonkeys used to spawn out of in ye' olden days. Wonder if it's making a return or not...

• Like 2

TurtleKitty    1,161
11 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

The monkey barrel is what Splumonkeys used to spawn out of in ye' olden days. Wonder if it's making a return or not...

Maybe spidersplumonkeys!

TurtleKitty    1,161
25 minutes ago, ansuman said:

hydroponics

Hide contents

BPNm8T5.png

Hydroponics, advanced science farms at long last. 

48 minutes ago, Shoutmons said:

image.thumb.png.b3a57a922279269913f747114319b182.png

Tis one big birb.