Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

watermelen671

Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

Recommended Posts

ansuman    130
7 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

I found this thing walking around on the second island... Its called a Platapine. Looks like one of the rugs in the shops and im pretty sure its temp art.

It can also swim in water.

platpine1.jpg.ce21c93fb41ab1e37bdb54efd442904b.jpgplatpine2.jpg.06778b2ec7d79c04d50cda903837c40d.jpg

 

I found it on my first island in the lake.

 

On second thought we might not have any babybeefalo...after skimming through the lua file... it seems the babyox files are used as pog herd behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    6,490
2 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

I found this thing walking around on the second island... Its called a Platapine. Looks like one of the rugs in the shops and im pretty sure its temp art.

It can also swim in water.

platpine1.jpg.ce21c93fb41ab1e37bdb54efd442904b.jpgplatpine2.jpg.06778b2ec7d79c04d50cda903837c40d.jpg

It also (from what I saw in the files) rolls in a ball like Sonic the Hedgehog. :wilson_ecstatic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,016
9 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

It also (from what I saw in the files) rolls in a ball like Sonic the Hedgehog. :wilson_ecstatic:

Haha yeah it was fighting a frog when i saw it. Looks like a black tumbleweed :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rellimarual    3,301
48 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

It also (from what I saw in the files) rolls in a ball like Sonic the Hedgehog. :wilson_ecstatic:

I accidentally killed it while fighting a hippo and got a drop, but I can't remember what it was--I died right afterwards and can't check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,016
5 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I accidentally killed it while fighting a hippo and got a drop, but I can't remember what it was--I died right afterwards and can't check

I killed that one but it didn't drop anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,016
Just now, watermelen671 said:

 

We got Zebrahs! They seem to be a herd-species, and neutral mobs as well.

Could just be their behavior in the beta though...

Did you find anything new about that shadow boss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    6,490

Also! Can I just point out that the Spider-monkey is blatantly ripped off of Boarambe the Boarilla?

boarambe.gif.ba2c2ed5588bf35e409ad1f8672a42a3.gif

Do I get flung if I get hit? *Tests* Nope, you do not go flying when hit by the discount Boarilla.

2 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Did you find anything new about that shadow boss?

You mean that Ancient Spirit thing?

Spoiler

ancient_spirit.thumb.png.1746e0c1eacf29cd32d5b74f2d1dd680.png

Nope, I don't know it's in-game name...but I suppose I could go digging elsewhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,016
1 minute ago, watermelen671 said:

 

  Hide contents

ancient_spirit.thumb.png.1746e0c1eacf29cd32d5b74f2d1dd680.png

Nope, I don't know it's in-game name...but I suppose I could go digging elsewhere...

I played around with it in game. It spawns shadow monsters but apart from that not much. It goes invisible after about 30secs and has sound. I was just wondering if there was any hint about what it will do in the files :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    6,490
4 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

I played around with it in game. It spawns shadow monsters but apart from that not much. It goes invisible after about 30secs and has sound. I was just wondering if there was any hint about what it will do in the files :)

What does it look like? And how did you do it? 

5bca1e4379c42_MaeThinking.thumb.png.aab37a912b2d49c5ccf896e5538f47e3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Matt    478

Btw heres some stuff I got from a discord server that a person found:

These seem to be for an upcoming SW update?

New clockworks:

image.png.b465c96261d655295014db3c3772b939.png

image.png.3d030ace23dd26cce6ba8a5afe9b15be.png

This:

image.png.deb234f0c5a2771040738aad037d2b99.png

Kelpy:

image.png.7051ba390abe2db034292354c0241fd7.png

And just so we don't go too off of topic on Hamlet:

The Sky Worthy!

image.png.aeb55925900035ace97ea3abbd7973e9.pngimage.thumb.png.aac4dab215d4b9dd807dae6fc30c5588.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,016
1 minute ago, Mr. Matt said:

Btw heres some stuff I got from a discord server that a person found:

These seem to be for an upcoming SW update?

Yay new clockworks!

12 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

What does it look like? And how did you do it? 

 

ghost.jpg.d9c37946f5bae3c234b649396573caf2.jpg

I spawned it in was a command.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Matt    478
Just now, JimmyJam said:

 

ghost.jpg.d9c37946f5bae3c234b649396573caf2.jpg

I spawned it in was a command.

Oh, I think people call it the Herald and that he may have something to do with the "Aporkalypse" season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,016
1 minute ago, Mr. Matt said:

Oh, I think people call it the Herald and that he may have something to do with the "Aporkalypse" season.

c_spawn("ancient_herald")  the spawn code

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Szczuku    4,749
13 minutes ago, Mr. Matt said:

image.png.b465c96261d655295014db3c3772b939.png

image.png.df4969f3c98ce5541ed02a8849040532.png

39 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

image.png.894879601b01214cd680fa4165773f4e.png

We got Zebrahs! They seem to be a herd-species, and neutral mobs as well.

Could just be their behavior in the beta though...

Do you mean like naturally appearing in the world or do you have to use commands?

8 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

I found this thing walking around on the second island... Its called a Platapine. Looks like one of the rugs in the shops and im pretty sure its temp art.

It can also swim in water.

platpine1.jpg.ce21c93fb41ab1e37bdb54efd442904b.jpgplatpine2.jpg.06778b2ec7d79c04d50cda903837c40d.jpg

In my experience it has a Chance to appear when you pick lotus flowers. Yeah it looks really ''bad'' I also think it's temp art.

It'll start eatting lotus flowers it's neutral (I think) and it attacks you by rolling/punching you. It doesn't drop anything as of now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,016
11 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Do you mean like naturally appearing in the world or do you have to use commands?

They dont spawn in the game yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    6,490
1 hour ago, Mr. Matt said:

Btw heres some stuff I got from a discord server that a person found:

These seem to be for an upcoming SW update?

New clockworks:

image.png.b465c96261d655295014db3c3772b939.png

image.png.3d030ace23dd26cce6ba8a5afe9b15be.png

This:

image.png.deb234f0c5a2771040738aad037d2b99.png

Kelpy:

image.png.7051ba390abe2db034292354c0241fd7.png

And just so we don't go too off of topic on Hamlet:

The Sky Worthy!

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP DOING THIS?!?! 

SMASHH.png.6043f0c49e7543475d8a67963d1bb1ee.png

Spoiler

I only have ONI react images, so I'll just continue to use them. 

gossipp.png.00b92134c6ab25eb3bc30477990d09a8.png

 

Skyworthy? So is the world of Don't Starve like a layered one?

Hamlet

                                    Shipwrecked <---                         Vanilla/RoG/DST                         ---> Shipwrecked

Caves

Ruins

Maybe that's why we're never able to see the sky...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Noon Fish    1,591
1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

Yay new clockworks!

ghost.jpg.d9c37946f5bae3c234b649396573caf2.jpg

I spawned it in was a command.

for some reason my first thought was that that the hair looks like wilson's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,016
1 hour ago, Mr. Matt said:

Oh, I think people call it the Herald and that he may have something to do with the "Aporkalypse" season.

Herald is a person or thing viewed as a sign that something is about to happen. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    42,133
2 minutes ago, The Noon Fish said:

for some reason my first thought was that that the hair looks like wilson's

I was curious about that too. Makes me curious about the scientist's hair with that observation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Corazon    413
1 hour ago, Mr. Matt said:

Btw heres some stuff I got from a discord server that a person found:

These seem to be for an upcoming SW update?

New clockworks:

image.png.b465c96261d655295014db3c3772b939.png

image.png.3d030ace23dd26cce6ba8a5afe9b15be.png

This:

image.png.deb234f0c5a2771040738aad037d2b99.png

Kelpy:

image.png.7051ba390abe2db034292354c0241fd7.png

And just so we don't go too off of topic on Hamlet:

The Sky Worthy!

image.png.aeb55925900035ace97ea3abbd7973e9.pngimage.thumb.png.aac4dab215d4b9dd807dae6fc30c5588.png

200.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    6,490
2 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Herald is a person or thing viewed as a sign that something is about to happen. :D

Is it just me...or does Herald kinda look like one of those dudes from the Metheus puzzles? 

image.png.68632ea8a91ca57ffdf523546bcc8f7e.png

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170413213905

Like the one holding the torch.

 

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I was curious about that too. Makes me curious about the scientist's hair with that observation.

I thought it looked like the Pope's hat.

Spoiler

Image result for pope hat

Or maybe a papal tiara

Spoiler

800px-Papal_Tiara_with_silver_gems_pearls.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,016
13 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Is it just me...or does Herald kinda look like one of those dudes from the Metheus puzzles?

The first thing that came to mind was the king... but the name would not match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites