Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

5 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

We don't see them eat period. Only a few mobs are shown to actively consume.

Well if you're looking at this like that then we can speculate about everything. "Well we don't see spiders speak human language but who knows…"

The fish rot and fishermerms or even regular merms don't do anything about it so I'm sticking to merms being vegan and hunting for fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Computer-7 said:

I don't think thats new I remember seeing it a while ago

also where did you find the tree?

Yes I thought I had seen it before but couldn't find it.

I found the tree in \DLC0003\anim\interior_floorlamp.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'd like to see the sleeping animation though.:wilson_ecstatic:

Image result for I'm on it

...when I get home. 

Spoiler

Which'll probably be in about an hour, and by that time someone will have already done it before me.

Spoiler

But I'm going to do it anyways, because I do it right.

gossipp.png.7e46688a7359158ec851d57177d88bf7.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

(snip)

I have no idea how was that supposed to help your point or if you even have a point you're trying to make but ok... 

Also...

I wouldn't try to combine real world with ds. Since in game merms don't eat meat or fish left on the ground then that means they don't eat them. There's enough evidence to say that constant creatures will eat as soon as they find something they eat. And since merms don't eat fish that means fishermerms hunt for fun

Edited by Szczuku
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Still not vegans.

Maybe, but no one seriously argued that they were. Someone did post “ We don’t see them eat period,” but that person was wrong, albeit an energetic goalpost mover! 

What we do know is that they can be seen eating, and when they do it is always vegetables, never meat, fish or eggs. This makes them kind of good for a meat/fish farm using bunnymen houses, but the merms eat the carrots,which makes it hard to increase the number of hutches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bugsmand said:

That actually looks like a pretty dope cape.image.thumb.png.6ff03b686e246c06bdcd0d5661e178b9.png

If Maxwell wore it, he could do a Griffith cosplay for Beserk.:wilson_sneaky:

4 hours ago, Fjedjik said:

Christmas tree5c460f6575881_lamptree.png.ef68359d4aa0048a6e40b7bb9d72d1fa.png

at_beanie5c460f63ea4cc_hatbeanie.png.b7d3fd6db00622bb6d3dad58d89d5b8c.png

1. 584fba6fed88e_arieljawdrop.png.3bbe7419a8a2fe2db4734d6c3f695ff4.pngThe devs planned way ahead! What a pretty tree!
  2. I saw that in the previous thread. I've used it on webber several times to reference Calvin and hobbes and other boyish things.
4 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

image.thumb.png.a18f5544802bde49091705cc2ba5dad6.png

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

5c462f5edc985_ezgif.com-apng-maker(77).png.fa6c57008790cd7e47255ed120b3306b.png

Thanks guys! I wanted to print it out with clarity. This data thread usually has the items by themselves with crisp clarity.

4 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Image result for I'm on it...when I get home.Which'll probably be in about an hour, and by that time someone will have already done it before me.

I was busy with Oxygen Not Included today so time flew by quick for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Drop a mushroom or carrot in the swamp and you’ll see a merm eat. It just doesn’t happen often that vegetables get left on the ground there

Its impossible in DS world to have any veggies drop from anywhere, basically no mobs drop them. (not counting Toadstool)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Regardless of any of this, you're derailing this thread, so I kindly ask you to cease and desist.

Algright, but you should sometimes consider that you migth actually be wrong durring discussions and stop trying to win an argument by circling around it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

...did you just ignore everything else I was saying?

MERMS ARE TRANSMOGRIFIED PIG/GOAT PEOPLE!! PIGS EAT MEAT!!

VEGANS =/= HERBIVORES!! YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!!

Regardless of any of this, you're derailing this thread, so I kindly ask you to cease and desist.

I love when people throw unconfirmed lore around and treat it like it's sacred truth. Most of gorge's residents got turned into merms and jumped into the ocean, sure. But that's it, you can't assume that all the merms are goats and that is 100%. Not to mention that gorge pigs were being turned into merms aswell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, MWY said:

The entire DS community when having an Argument 

Well I was just getting bored of it and it was derailing the thread, which is against the community guidelines.

Spoiler

BTW the "Theorizing" bit of the title does not refer to headcanons here, just speculation about stuff uncovered.

I'm probably going to change the title to better reflect that...and to prevent further instances of this.

I was not having my thread locked over someone squabbling about headcanons referring to the dietary lifestyle of a conglomeration of pixels and code sammit!

SMASHH.png.218c1b1aa3b8c7db081ee632822b93bc.png

2 minutes ago, Maslak said:

I love when people throw unconfirmed lore around and treat it like it's sacred truth. Most of gorge's residents got turned into merms and jumped into the ocean, sure. But that's it, you can't assume that all the merms are goats and that is 100%. Not to mention that gorge pigs were being turned into merms aswell.

I SAID 

Image result for jontron stop gif

• Haha 2