Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

2 hours ago, Deerclops Mika said:

Why are they all png when I see them animated?

54 minutes ago, Roosev said:

Animated PNGs also exist. They're called "APNG".

^Basically that.

The reason why I use APNGs is because they're much better quality than GIFs, and they also allow for transparency effects. I could use one of the many other much better animated formats but APNG is the second most supported version of animated pictures aside from GIFs.

49 minutes ago, MWY said:

Some Browsers can show them, some can't.

I don't know about Mobile Browsers.

Most browsers can.

image.thumb.png.1588aab1e5202a942277e5caf9b1796a.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

^Basically that.

The reason why I use APNGs is because they're much better quality than GIFs, and they also allow for transparency effects. I could use one of the many other much better animated formats but APNG is the second most supported version of animated pictures aside from GIFs.

Most browsers can.

image.thumb.png.1588aab1e5202a942277e5caf9b1796a.png

of course windows stuff doesn't support it :wilson_laugh:

• Haha 2

This is purely hypothetical, please treat it as such. :wilson_laugh:

Spoiler

5c44b3082ce78_ezgif.com-apng-maker(75).png.6f50dcc86903da92d9c1943d75b2b5f1.png5c44b38b5a8b3_ezgif.com-apng-maker(76).png.515b35966b27d7a25170e26446469326.png

These classy beef would be perfect in Hamlet, because it's common for domestic practice to "dehorn"...horned animals. And Hamlet is all about that domestic life.

Spoiler

When beefalo drop their horns, you can immediately play it, which leads me to believe that beefalo horns are primarily hollow and thus can be shaven down to...less cumbersome sizes without the need to straight up chop them off, and without causing pain to the babs. 

Because of this they don't grow back...so these cuties are stuck with those stubby little beta-horns.

This breed of beefalo would spawn in a set piece with a pig farmer, inside a naturally occurring fenced area. They come already domesticated, and with either a rider, or a pudgy tendency. You'd have to pay the farmer a significant amount of oincs in order to purchase ownership of the boof (maybe like 1000 oincs?), and attempting to joyride would cause the beefalo to become enraged, along with all of the other repercussions of being a dirty dirty thief.

Because of their stublets, these beefalo are worthless in battle. Their main purpose is either riding, or (if pudgy) maybe providing a slight boost to all nearby plants, along with increasing the effectiveness of fertilizing. They are a purely domestic beefalo, so why would they be bred fight?

It'd be extremely unwise to kill these boofs, because there would only be ~1-3 of these set pieces in the Hamlet world. And, unlike normal beefalo, these do not reproduce. They are your only source of beefalo in Hamlet, so treat them with care, okay?

• Like 3

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎14 at 2:16 AM, watermelen671 said:

5c13041d5b25d_SKULLPIKE_000.png.0f934760a6e825fb9e48b68e8c0a53b2.png

This got me thinking...

What if the game, in whatever dlc or even new 4th dlc, had a canibal tribe of survivors b4 Wilson who had gone mad and are no longer human?

Like just imagine a biome filled with skulls on stics as "stay away" sign and a bunch of human-looking things with spears that run on all 4 can throw these spears.

O man!

Like them being able to craft items, cut down trees and interact with world, use torches and seak light cuz they also are attacked by Charlie. Dropping human meat which would-

I'm getting ahead of myself, arent I?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

This is purely hypothetical, please treat it as such. :wilson_laugh:

Hide contents

5c44b3082ce78_ezgif.com-apng-maker(75).png.6f50dcc86903da92d9c1943d75b2b5f1.png5c44b38b5a8b3_ezgif.com-apng-maker(76).png.515b35966b27d7a25170e26446469326.png

These classy beef would be perfect in Hamlet, because it's common for domestic practice to "dehorn"...horned animals. And Hamlet is all about that domestic life.

Hide contents

When beefalo drop their horns, you can immediately play it, which leads me to believe that beefalo horns are primarily hollow and thus can be shaven down to...less cumbersome sizes without the need to straight up chop them off, and without causing pain to the babs. 

Because of this they don't grow back...so these cuties are stuck with those stubby little beta-horns.

This breed of beefalo would spawn in a set piece with a pig farmer, inside a naturally occurring fenced area. They come already domesticated, and with either a rider, or a pudgy tendency. You'd have to pay the farmer a significant amount of oincs in order to purchase ownership of the boof (maybe like 1000 oincs?), and attempting to joyride would cause the beefalo to become enraged, along with all of the other repercussions of being a dirty dirty thief.

Because of their stublets, these beefalo are worthless in battle. Their main purpose is either riding, or (if pudgy) maybe providing a slight boost to all nearby plants, along with increasing the effectiveness of fertilizing. They are a purely domestic beefalo, so why would they be bred fight?

It'd be extremely unwise to kill these boofs, because there would only be ~1-3 of these set pieces in the Hamlet world. And, unlike normal beefalo, these do not reproduce. They are your only source of beefalo in Hamlet, so treat them with care, okay?

Mr. Savior. Please do tell me these adorable things can be made into skins for DS/DST. 

If these glorious creatures can be made into skins, there's possibly even chance I can get this added into PP. 

Please. I love them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Mr. Savior. Please do tell me these adorable things can be made into skins for DS/DST. 

If these glorious creatures can be made into skins, there's possibly even chance I can get this added into PP. 

Please. I love them.

...I dunno, they probably can. I just smashed together the Gorge beefalo (quagmire_beefalo_override_build) with the domesticated beefalo (beefalo_domesticated), and slapped on the rider face (beefalo_personality_docile) for good measure.

So you could probably find a much easier way to do it than I have been.

Spoiler

And then send it over to me so my life can be 0.01% less psychosis inducing. 

gossipp.png.7e46688a7359158ec851d57177d88bf7.png

4 minutes ago, MWY said:

I think every omnivore in the game is a cannibal.

Kind of funny you feed meat to birds to get eggs

...I think you have a more valid comparison by saying that you can feed a bird its own eggs to make it produce fresher eggs.

Also, the Starving cast are not cannibals, but only on the principal of long pig was removed from the game. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

So you could probably find a much easier way to do it than I have been.

I mean, from what you're showing, it seems it works perfectly fine. Do you have a TEX?
Only thing I could imagine being off would be a few animations, how are those? Any wonky ones?

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Also, the Starving cast are not cannibals, but only on the principal of long pig was removed from the game. :wilson_ecstatic:

well you still use your own bones in different recipes , that at least counts something similar to cannibalism. :rolleyes:

Edited by MWY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

bat_vamp_build.png.c175a9f5e09018893486dI was looking through the beta data mini thread and I was curious over how the top left looks like in animation. Is it a sleeping animation?

Yes, that's the sleeping animation of the Bat. The Vampire Bat is just a rework of the normal bat, BUT! It's wings are actually transparent in the sense that you can see through them, they're thin like that. Small, but neat detail. 

You can actually find them sleeping in Cave Clefts a day or so before they launch an attack, and killing them here has been said to lessen the amount that actually drop in their assaults. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

bat_vamp_build.png.c175a9f5e09018893486dI was looking through the beta data mini thread and I was curious over how the top left looks like in animation. Is it a sleeping animation?

That actually looks like a pretty dope cape.

image.thumb.png.6ff03b686e246c06bdcd0d5661e178b9.png

Edited by bugsmand
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

On 1/20/2019 at 4:00 PM, Angel_Octoling said:

I mean, from what you're showing, it seems it works perfectly fine. Do you have a TEX?
Only thing I could imagine being off would be a few animations, how are those? Any wonky ones?

nazare.jpg

You mean there's an easier way to do what I've been doing?!

Edited by watermelen671