Hamlet runs poorly

Now, I will admit it. My pc isn't exactly up to snuff. I have Windows 7 and my parts are outdated. However, it can run Don't Starve and all DLC packs for it, DST servers, and even some power hungry games like A Hat in Time. When I generated my file, I was met with terrible frame rates, laggy inputs, and choppy gameplay. However, it ran well enough to play, so I explored what was new. Exploring new parts of the map was ungodly, but doubling back to previous places was not the worst. I quickly found the ruins to explore, and, bring the dummy I am, decided to hop in on day 1. Surprisingly, it ran smoothly. I guess the abundance of stuff on the over world lagged my game? But, I had the same amount of stuff loaded in on my RoG and SW files and it ran with no problem. I don't exactly know, but playing it is kind of a nightmare. Hopefully Klei fixes this in the proper release.

Mine was experiencing the same thing. I also am running Windows 7 on slightly older hardware. I turned off weather and lessened some mobs and it helped. But then I also cleaned my CPU and reapplied thermal paste too... In case it was hardware. Still kind of choppy. Makes me wonder if it is beta after all.

Archived