Bosses, items, hiden and comming up stuff for Hamlet !

ADM

Greetings everyone, so... Do you enjoy the Hamlet beta ? I do, and it was enough for me to interest myself into the game files to see what it hide inside, and there is some very interesting things than I'm sure you will like to see here ! :wilson_goodjob:

Well we are not about to talk about the basic stuff you will see on the start on a game, like trading and what is inside the most of the biomes, but more about advanced things, like this :

[BEFORE TO GO EVEN FORWARD : This thread will be about to spoil you lot of things, don't care ? Okay let's go :D]

item_key.png

What is this item ? Well as you can see it's a key on a pillow... No just kidding, it's an portative build station, yeah like what we get for Don't Starve Together with the Orb, you can use this item to create buildings and items when it's on the ground, but what kind of buildings ? Everything to build your own town !

Like :

The turfs of the city, the lamp post to make light, pig house, any specific shop (even somes you have maybe not seen for now), guard tower, the security contract and house for yourself, yeah like one you find in the first city

key_craft.png placehouse.pngshop_magic.png

Did I said the first city ? Oh yeah there is a second one ! You see, there not only one island, the world is cutted with 4 islands, the large one where you spawn, the second with the second city with more unique shops (a hat shop and magic store, like on the pic above) and the 2 others for next !

(You can join the second and third islands by exploring the ruins, somes have two entrance linking both)

fullmap.png

This is how the map looks like currently

Maybe you are wondering how to cross the islands, nope, there is no wormhole in Hamlet so we have to use a different kind of hole... Like...

batcave.pngbatcave_door.png

Yeah those bat caves will have sometime a "door" which will lead you to an other exit

You can find some mushtree inside but also an exit rope like in DS cave

batcave_display.pngbatcave_exit.png

Okay there we are... The last island (don't worry the third one is the most important so it's for the last part)

batcave_staff.pngbatcave_island.png

Maybe you are wondering what is this staff i have in my hands from the start, oh well, you can find it on this island...

This staff is used to trade with the queen who life in the palace in the second island

Trading this staff will give a key, and on a room than is on the side of the palace, you can open a lock with this key, giving you the Key To The City !

You can also found this crown on the Ant Queen (can't remember the name)  on kill

immaking.png

(but the crown also give a you sanity boost, and looks cool)

But not only, you can also find this :

island2.png

A nest... With a stone egg inside, and ton of wrecks, I've looked around and it's all what this island have to offer yet... So who live in this nest ?

(Place the egg next to fire and look what's happen)

Let's have a look to the prefab name of this name : "roc_nest"... What's a roc ?

Spoiler

island_roc.png

OH MY CRAP WHAT IS THISSS ?

Okay so this is a "Roc", it is the giant than we see at the end of the trailer ? It seems...

So i think the "Roc" (Well, ingame he is named "BFB" ??) is not into the game for now, cause when we try to make it spawn the game just crash, so what i've show up there is just the roc_head and two roc_leg, why not ^^

If the Roc is not into the game, do we have at least one boss in the beta ? (maybe i have wrong but I can't find out the roc in game)

Welp maybe, let's have a look to the third island :

island1.pngisland1_funtain.png

Oh look at this, this is the snake than we've seen in the trailer,on his fountain, I can activate it so let's try (yeah what could go wrong dude?)

Well i got a magic drop ? Yep this is the "Magic Water", an item... Hey, what is this hole ?

island1_ohokey.png

Damn Hamlet, you scare me as hell

Ladies and gentlement let me introduce you to the magnificent Pugalisk ! *slowclap*

Well I wanted to do the fight for real so I just suit me up with and heavy armor and city pigguard axe to fight it

island1_boss.png

[The next part explain how to beat the meat out of that snake]

Well the fight is very interesting, maybe my favorite of the all Don't Starve games

You can deal damage to the Pugalisk, this snek have a very strong armor, avoiding all the damage, to kill it, you will have to attack the "flesh part" of his body

island1_boss_tip.png

You can cross under the Pugalisk body when it rush on you, making the fight area pretty tight cause he create obstacle, and even can freeze you after a certain taken damage !

island1_boss_freeze.png

island1_boss_ilovethisface.png Klei ! I love this face !

To avoid the freezing you just have to run away, if you stay turning around it will do this for very long till he get you

He have 3000HP, deal 200 attack damage and cause he move very fast you will have to follow the flesh moving with the body, avoiding the tail than can attack and the snake jumping at you, it's fun but not that hard, I've killed it on the first try

island1_kill.png

Welp it' over, he drop a ton o' bones and it's a cool kill animation actually

But hey, bones are cool right ? (no?) but don't forget what we get before the fight : THE MAGIC WATER !

You can plant it to grow a Magic Flower

magicwater.pngmagicheck.png

Oh this is an infinite light sour... WAIT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY FOOD BAR ? :wilson_enraged: Yep, the flower drain your hunger, but you gain a "sanity station"

Even if the effect if not that strong (+2 sanity per second) and the fact than it suck your food out to fast, I like this item, it's a nice looking plant, and don't forget all those bones we get, you can use this to get a new crock pot recipe : two bones, two meat

K' Pugalisk part is over !

Now let's just show up what we have more :

There is a lot of content than I can't find in the game but sure you can spawn them,

look at the zeb !

zeb.png

It's like a knight yeah but damn i laughed to much when i've seen this, he just drop meat and do not spawn right now, as the game file pretend it, this mob should like in herd like the beefalo and goat, he drop 2 meat, is a neutral creature but protect each other, kinda cool yeah

now time for a fat... what's this ?

fatworm.png

No I'm not losing a staring contest with a larva

fatworm_jump.png

Ok this fat boi have 600 HP, 44 damages and ewwwww ! It try to groundpound you for his second attack and yep he can break things.

You will find this guy into the ant home

Even if these mobs have custom sounds, somes weirdo like the Snapdragon are using the beefalo sound, and this is a Snapdragon :

snapdragon.png

(neutral mob, but... I seems to be like the zeb, herd mob)

Well guys, are you ready to see what is the "Chester like" of Halmet ?

I don't think so...

Spoiler

robin.pngHey, wasup?

robin.pngAllow me to eat you're dreams Mr.Wilson.

Ok this is very scary, but even if you don't looked at the spoiled, I have to tell than it seems to have no transformation unlike Chester, Hutch...

But since I can't see it in game i think this is comming up, oh and yeah, he can go on water

So what do you think about all these things ? :D

I can't believe the quantity of news things Hamlet add to the game, it's fantastic, but it's not over, there's a lot more of others comming up surprise...

peekhan.png

Some are simple like this, it's just a kind of buzzard remake

And some are like this !!

found_coffeemachine.png

This seems to be a coffee machine (the prefab name is "coffeebot", i can't get it in the game right now so i think this is for soon, but I can't wait for it

Well I hope you liked this, if you don't like to be spoiled... welp to bad ^^ But this is a beta so we have to test the more we can to make feedbacks and i've tried mine, If you find anything interesting I'd be happy to see is on this thread

11 minutes ago, ADM said:

A nest... With a stone egg inside, and ton of wrecks, I've looked around and it's all what this island have to offer yet... So who live in this nest ?

Let's have a look to the prefab name of this name : "roc_nest"... What's a roc ?

Reveal hidden contents

island_roc.png

Okay so this is a "Roc", it is the giant than we see at the end of the trailer ? It seems...

So i think the "Roc" (Well, it's ingame name is "BFB" ??) is not into the game for now, cause when we try to make it spawn the game just crash, so what i've show up there is just the roc_head and two roc_leg, why not ^^

Well if the Roc is not into the game, do we have at least one boss in the beta ? (maybe i have wrong but I can't find out the roc in game)

It's worth noting that several of the character quotes for the Roc's head talk about it having three heads.

Just now, Zeklo said:

13 minutes ago, ADM said:

Reveal hidden contents

island_roc.png

So i think the "Roc" (Well, it's ingame name is "BFB" ??) is not into the game for now, cause when we try to make it spawn the game just crash, so what i've show up there is just the roc_head and two roc_leg, why not ^^

Well if the Roc is not into the game, do we have at least one boss in the beta ? (maybe i have wrong but I can't find out the roc in game)

It's worth noting that several of the character quotes for the Roc's head talk about it having three heads.

I've seen he have like eyes in his nose so maybe he just have a head on his head on his... Head ? yeah weird

7 minutes ago, lambo_man1 said:

You can give staff to queen in second town, she will give you key for ???

What is royal gallery?

image.png.640533c50f61e77f8c2ddc0c0684e4f8.png

You can also give her the crown from the ant queen. The gallery is inside the palace on the left, unless the position changes.

57 minutes ago, lambo_man1 said:

You can give staff to queen in second town, she will give you key for ???

What is royal gallery?

image.png.640533c50f61e77f8c2ddc0c0684e4f8.png

IT should have currently 3 trinkets  - crown , plate and something from my screenshots while making hamlet portal

4 hours ago, 6480 said:

The fat worm is implemented and spawns in mant hills. Also I have heard that the magic flower acts as a single-use resurrection point when you die.

Mant hills also give you access to the (probably) first boss in the dlc, the Ant Queen.

Also, I think the Roc bird/BFB is so massive that creatures have started living in it. It would make perfect sense seeing as the legs lift the fur up to show the eyes, and it is covered in plants growing on it. You can also see at the very end of the legs, head, and tail clouds, which perhaps means that you find it below the clouds, which is how the wildlife and plants started residing in/on it.

8 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Both Pugalisk & Queen Womant can be fought at any time.

Well, sure, but the queen is much easier then the pugalisk, and I would assume most players would happen across the mant dens before the fountain of youth. Also, you can technically fight toadstool first in dst, but its one of the last bosses in the game.

You seem to know a thing or two about this so I figured I'd ask here as opposed to making my thread. I hope that is alright.

1. Where do you get Silk?

2. How do you get rid of the bugs that fly around your head that you can't kill?

3. How do you make armor that's resistant to venom?

4. How do I make my own Anti-venom?

5. What good weapons can you recommend?

If you could help in any way that's be a huge help. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, TheMetalMan said:

You seem to know a thing or two about this so I figured I'd ask here as opposed to making my thread. I hope that is alright.

1. Where do you get Silk?

2. How do you get rid of the bugs that fly around your head that you can't kill?

3. How do you make armor that's resistant to venom?

4. How do I make my own Anti-venom?

5. What good weapons can you recommend?

If you could help in any way that's be a huge help. Thanks in advance.

To get silk, I think you have to kill spider monkeys, which live in the rainforest.

Archived